• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
inb4 acnologia gets out with new powers and then get killed by a Zeref suicide bomb or something

nvm Anyway I'm gonna give my true thoughts of Fairy Tail as a whole.

I like Fairy Tail for one thing and one thing only. The characters. Do I give to ***** about the plot? Not really, it could've been amazing but this last arc pretty much killed it.

The characters are literally the only thing that makes me like a series. However, in Fairy Tail's case, post Grand Magic Games, things started falling apart. It should've kept the random problem of the week trope it had imo. Acno was a great idea for a main villain, and the way he appeared always raised tension. However, he was wasted.

Anyway let me discuss Villains.

Zeref-Had so much potential as a Chaotic Neutral character that it wasn't even funny. Him and Natsu vs Acnologia was one of my biggest wishes for Fairy Tail.

Acnologia-Could've been a legit amazing villain with a extremely amazing climatic fight. But no they blue-balled us.

I will continue later, Something came up as I was typing this.

@BFF I don't know, unless I'm mistaken there's supposed to be at least a volume left. So if this is the end the rest could simply be fall out after the war

All of you are acting so surprised. Why? After that s***y Erza vs Eileen fight and those ten chapters when there was four fake-out deaths resolved by the next chapter, this was the only logical conclusion. What, did you think after every Spriggan fight was a cop-out that the last two fights wouldn't be? Hiro doesn't learn and, arguably, get worse over time.

Not that I don't feel sympathy for you guys that are disapointed, I myself was disapointed but that was dozens of chapters ago. Now I'm just a bit salty.

Honestly, if you paid any attention to Fairy Tail since it's very first arc, it's been the same:

--Powerful villain shows up

--Kicks FT butt without breaking a sweat

--FT makes friendship speech when they are on death's doorstep

--They attack and defeat the villain in a one-sided fight, all previous injuries ignored as if never there

This last fight simply concluded what he has been doing since the very beginning. This type of fighting has always, always been in the FT narrative so why are you whining now? And why would it be different when it has been the same since it's conception?

Davidsteel1 said:
@Vid u seem to be mistaking disappointment and frustration for surprise. I know that's how I feel at this point
True. My mistake.

Also... Natsu burned time? What BS is this? I know FT has been bad but... that's pretty bad. I am 100% convinced Hiro doesn't even try anymore (if he ever did).

@Vid depending on the translation u read he either burned time (which while weird would give an explanation as to how he no sold Dimarias magic) or he burned Zeref's magic (something that isn't uncommon for him)

@BFF it was just the follow up of the end of the previous chapter, Zeref and Natsu throwing their final blows and one coming out on top (at the cost of his arm though)

Burning Full Fingers said:
Sooo, how exactly did Natsu beat Zeref? And I think Ichiya's death was unnecessary.
From the rough translation, Natsu increased his flames with emotional power he gets from thinking of the guild to create such hot fire it burned through time and Zeref's soul.

His fire was was said to be "the flames of his wild emotions!"

Well this chapter is really the worst among all arc. But I think Acnologia return after next chapter in 538 (Next chapter will be peacefull).

I also watch some Dragon Cry spoilers and this film really injoable. Also this film is probably canon because it open the past of Acnologia and reasons of his wish to destroy all Dragons. Zeref, Brandish and Invel also appear in this film. And Finally Natsu defeat a Dragon who was enchances by the power of Dragon Cry Staff. Video

I was about to suggest the same thing. It may be best to find the actual raws and have an accurate translation than jumping the gun; for all we know this is simply hyperbole

Davidsteel1 said:
I was about to suggest the same thing. It may be best to find the actual raws and have an accurate translation than jumping the gun; for all we know this is simply hyperbole
We did see the feat though, Natsu touched and harmed an intangible spirit. Although it nullifying Zeref's spirit form is a ******** PIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back