• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread 2

Anyone apparently seen the trailer/teaser for the movie on YouTube yet? The animation if nothing else looks real good

the magic circles are back?

was natsu using blue and red flames?

the teaser trailer looked good for me, once again not sure if the whole serie is going to end with this movie as a lot of people have been saying so far.

Fairy Tail Dragon Cry Trailer
Fairy Tail Dragon Cry Trailer

^i heared the rumours as well,but I doubt that since Natsu still has the bandages on his hand and has no scar from the battle with Zeref.

WilliamShadow said:
^i heared the rumours as well,but I doubt that since Natsu still has the bandages on his hand and has no scar from the battle with Zeref.

Story of movie 2 it's just after Tartaros Arc.

Also "Dragon Cry" is the Magic Wand that have the power to destroy the world. I think Natsu somehow absorbing the power of wand and transform into half-dragon form.

Yeah,I know it should be that way,practicly when Natsu and Lucy are looking for everyone. Actually if I saw correctly he was attacked by a dragon with blue flames so he might of absorbed them and transformed into a half-dragon because it's the effect of absorbing the real dragon power while having igneel's power that is basically a boost for it.

Oh and the movie is called "haters cry" cause they can't accept it's epicness. :D

WilliamShadow said:
Yeah,I know it should be that way,practicly when Natsu and Lucy are looking for everyone. Actually if I saw correctly he was attacked by a dragon with blue flames so he might of absorbed them and transformed into a half-dragon because it's the effect of absorbing the real dragon power whole having igneel's power that is basically a boost.

Looks like that really, waiting for this movie more than ending of manga XD

WilliamShadow said:
^nah Acnologia rampaging will be even more epic. At least I hope so.

Acnologia my last hope on this manga. Because i am very disspointed by Chapters started from 511 to 519.

Also I hoping Natsu really kill this Dragon in movie, because it's very strange how Erza with boost from very weakned Wendy was ably to one-shot Eileen's Dragon Form. Now she looks even more weaker than Eclise arc Dragons

^Erza has gravity boost and sharp edge of sword and is much more powerful than what dragon slayers were during that arc. And honestly people should stop saying she one shot after all Irene was standing perfectly anyway,and would of killed Erza if she didn't decide to suicide in order to stop herself from killing her daughter. Of course she also had the usual shounen plot armor cause like seriously Irene could of just moved... And people keep saying they are dissapointed and sayings it's dumb,but honestly aside the plot armor given to Erza and Wendy in order to survive everything else was pretty great. The entire thing that happens with Irene and Wendy was great and the scene when Irene remembers how she couldn't hurt her daughter and can no longer force herself to kill her and decide to suicide was just beautiful.

I disapointed because absolute balance break in manga at this chapters. Eileen must be annihilate Erza and Wendy with easy, because of the feats of both sides (Erza losing to Ajeel one of the weakest among Spriggans, Wendy took down by Blunote Stinger aura(next he was one-shot by Natsu), Eileen shrink the FIOR!!!! BOOST 800K soldiers to Erza level of power. And next Wendy and Erza somehow was able to do somethink agains Eileen.

Larcade who stated to be August and Eileens level was been defeated by Sting who was weaking among the whole story. Also if remember that prime Bradman was ably to singlehanded defeat all north forces it looks even more dissapointed.

And I even no woring that Eileens feet give FT (maybe my favourite manga before this chapters) much greater power level, because it looks like absolute shit.

1th don't quote large amount of text its a rule here.

2th Larcade stated alone he is on August and Irene lvl,but that was purely because of hax,but it's obvious Sting has the upper hand since his strongest hax is worthless against Sting while bradman's hax was something he couldn't counter,but Gajeel was able to and beat him it's pure logic.

3th Did you rally read the manga? Erza beat Ajeel easy. The only reason she was losing is because she wasn't able to use her magic for most the battle beacuse it was negated by Brandish's minion. The moment she got her magic back she overpowered him with no problem and later waited for Jupiter strike and used Nakagmi starlight to finish him beacuse it was part of their plan.

4th Irene was toying around with them and for that she was in disadvantage in fact for that one second she was serious she reckt Erza with a single hit,what happens later is the usual shounen plot armor as I already told you in the other post. And again Irene would of won and she pretty much did she simply suicude. The soldiers weren't actually on Erza's lvl since she was mostly distracted by Makarov's sacrifice. And in genral you should know that in FT magical power is always greater than actual AP which is the reason Irene's casual attacks didn't beat Erza easily (again one serious hit and she was reckt)

Anyway,if you don't like plot armor than shounen isn't for you bro,since I can give you things that are much worse than what happened in this battle. And again if you judge an anime purely on battles and ignore everything else you will never enjoy in shounen anime in particular anime like FT, Naruto, DBZ, OP and bleach which are long running and of course have a huge amount of plot armor.

WilliamShadow said:
3th Did you rally read the manga? Erza beat Ajeel easy. The only reason she was losing is because she wasn't able to use her magic for most the battle beacuse it was negated by Brandish's minion. The moment she got her magic back she overpowered him with no problem
Actually, even after that, Erza did struggle. Once Ajeel used Sand World, he dominated Erza and nearly beheaded her.

Dominated? He simply grabbed her for her neck and she waited for Jupiter to be fired since she gave the signal with morning star armor. Like really there wasn't even a battle just that one thing.

No of course I am intresting not only in battles. If be honest I am a huge Dragon's fan. That why I read FT, XD.

I cleary understand that this is plot armor, but I hate Erza because her plot armor is too often and too huge. Even Natsu is already don't use plot armors along 2 years. Sometimes I think that Erza is conceptual being, that why it's not inresting.

She overpower Ajeel only when he got hit from Jupiter (In manga cleary seen that he receive too much damage from Jupiter), and only because of that Erza win, and don't die. I believe only in logic feats and because of that I think that Base Natsu and DS Gray should be far above Erza. Because he demonstated like that after post second timeskip.

Fairy Law it's Hax magic so it's normal. Also Soldiers easily overpower Erza in physical power and was able to injur her.

Uh y don't we just focus on how good the movie looks? I really can't be asked to start dealing with the debate of "is Erza's plot armour too much?" And whatnot

Well badass characters are usually the ones with plot armor if they are the good guys. And honestly I didn't see that much of plot armor in her as much as people say this is 3 battle true,but it's ain't weird with amount of battles she had and since she was meant to be a broken character for battles at least.

You didn't watch the battle did you? When her magic came back she used wind God armor to blow of the Ajeel's sand attacks and water blade to do overpower him without problems. Later when he catches her neck she requiped into morning star armor giving the signal for Jupiter and waited only beacuse it was the plan beacuse if she was able to requip she could of easily used water empress armor and overpower him again,but she didn't beacuse of their plan.

Base Natsu did nothing impressive,he got beaten up by Jacob in his base form with help of Lucy and Zeref is literally toying around with him in this moment overpowering him in pure hand to hand combat. Erza's greatest feat (except the fact she was able to overpower Ajeel without big difficulty and tank his attacks for several minutes without any magic)was destroying a meteor that Irene also said a human could never do and later the calc of its speed proved how strong it is. Thou FDKM Natsu should be superior to her,but I call bs on that kind of power up like really girl characters are always left behind in strength even thou from the beginning Erza was highly superior to both Gray and Natsu,but that's just the usual shounen plot,which is reason why I love NNT,Merlin is so badass even likes of Meliodas are scared of fighting her.

It was several soldiers that attacked her they overpowered her beacuse she didn't even except their boost and they were bloodlusted.

Davidsteel1 said:
Uh y don't we just focus on how good the movie looks? I really can't be asked to start dealing with the debate of "is Erza's plot armour too much?" And whatnot
Okay, I was getting bored from it anyway.

Beacuse we had feats for him and not for Erza and as I said usually girl characters are left aside beacuse it's guys mostly that watch anime and well, it hurts the ego of most of us when females (even imaginary) are superior. Best proof is when you tell someone Sailor Moon stomps Goku and Vegeta.

But,yeah let's stop there,since it will end up in derailing and worthless discussion.

Also in trailer itself saidvoise said that FT is already ending.

Natsu didn't fight agains Jacob at full power, it was said several times that he don't want to destroy the Guild. If battle was not in the guild he just can start with FDK Demolition Fist, or FDK Roar and end the battle. Also I cannot image that someone of Spriggans besides 3 top, can survive after FDK Roar. And looks like by feets God Serena one-shot Eileen in Dragon Form.

Erza not easily defeat Ajeel, she defeat him with High Difficult, even with two swords that completle counter Ajeel. I don't know but Throughout the battle i see that Ajeel at several heads above Erza, and she win only because of Bisca help (I cleary see that Jupiter give him almost fatal damage, and Erza just finish him, like if some in game finish the opponent with 10-5% of HP).

@vergil I am not in the mood and discussing only creates worthless spam that doesn't change a thing.

@burning some people think it's going to be the ending of this arc but it's impossible since Acnologia nor Zeref are there so, at max it might be something after war,but this is clearly after the tartaros arc.

I am still trying to think of how exactly are they planing to beat Acnologia. Like really Hiro don't mess up.

Well, never said that. I just say he does something worth the hype and not like the spriggans. I mean okay some things were impressive and August is pretty op,but Acnologia should be on completly different lvl to everything in this anime until now.

Yeah well I'm not sure how Mashima should go about it. This part of the manga is pretty important. I probably won't be bothered much by whatever happens though. Probably.

Back