• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread 2

Chances are it's Anna or Layla. Mashima seems to be bringing in old/immortal characters which kinda makes sense since Acnologia is an ancient threat himself. But it could very well be a new character

It's anna heartfilia, lucy's great great great great great grandmother.

remember she is the one who made the scarf for natsu from igneels dead scales.

she is the strongest celestial key user and the friend of acnologia or something along those lines.

RoyGundam said:
Layla is Lucy's mom right ? I really doubt it will be her, but it could be Anna
yes layla is lucy's mother and she is already confirmed dead their is no reason to bring her back. also she has no connection to acnologia so there is no reason she will apear before him like this.

the only person that can do that is only anna heartfilia, who was not confirmed dead

IKazi said:
by the way if Etherio is said to destroy a country, and fairy tail earth is many times bigger than ours doesn't that mean it should be large country to small continent and not just country level.
^ also what do you guys think about this.

Yeah Layla was definitely confirmed to be dead. Even if it's a time-travelling Anna, it could potentially lead to uncomfortable question because this would mean that she abandoned her children

Yes Etherion is considered a country busting weapon but AFAIK the reasoning for its tier is it's never seen in action and I guess ppl wanted a conservative placement.

Honestly, the entire basis of it's tier is one statement, and that statement just referred to "a country" and not specifically Fiore. Besides, the one time Etherion was fired, it admittedly wasn't quite as impressive.

@Roy I think it was more than one statement (though I could be wrong) still ur not wrong. But back to this weeks chapter... who here thinks Ichiya is an absolute boss?

RoyGundam said:
Honestly, the entire basis of it's tier is one statement, and that statement just referred to "a country" and not specifically Fiore. Besides, the one time Etherion was fired, it admittedly wasn't quite as impressive.
but that wasn't a fully charged etherion. also we have used statement as feat before and fairy tail is already doing crazy stuff from a large country suicide attack to changing the whole country in size and dragons that can destroy countries etc.

also zeref wanted to use this same weapon on a dragon that can eat any magic based attacks.

@Roy agreed, the little weirdo is hilarious while cool in his own right; I and my siblings just love him.

@IKazi look ur not completely wrong but we do have to show some restraint when it comes down to theses statements. Just take it easy for now.

Waitta minute Zeref never said he planned on using Etherion on Acnologia. All he has mentioned he's wanted up to this point is Fairy heart, the only time both have been used in the same sentence is when Mavis was describing the power of Fairy heart. Zeref hasn't shown any interest in Etherion up to this point. So no throwing shade at my boy.

RoyGundam said:
@IKazi Zeref is an idiot. There is no way Etherion can hurt Acnologia. END however should be able to
he wanted to use etherion + fairy heart and fire that thing forever until acnologia becomes full or something. i don't think acnologia can eat magic of that level forever, he will surly die.

how is zeref idiot. the dude is known for being the smartest in the whole fairy tail verse.

His plan is stupid because Acnologia can eat successive Etherion blast and raise his offensive capability - and then he can simply wipe out Fairy Heart and anyone who is using it to fire Etherion

True, but he could separate one from the other. After all he would be vastly superior to both of them at that point. Also, if magic is what is keeping them alive, he could technically eat that shit right ?

Again Zeref up to this point has shown no desire to use Etherion. The person who mentioned that Etherion could be fired forever was Mavis; in fact Zeref has not revealed the specifics of his plan with Fairy heart.

I think the best option for Zeref is to use Fairy Heart to power up END and have him "end" Acnologia.

Not sorry for the bad pun

but like zeref himself said, his real plan is not about acnologia and that acnologia is just a little stone on his path that needs to be moved away before it becomes a bigger stone on his path.

U r not forgiven for that pun. And in all honesty I'd quite like a situation where it's both brothers taking on Acnologia Zeref absorbing Fairy heart and Natsu becoming some kind of demon and dragon slayer hybrid. I just think Natsu already has enough going for him now, no need to add infinite power to the mix.

Honestly it's curious; who is the main villain? Zeref has the motivation and in my opinion a compelling back story, but Acnologia feels more like a final boss villain and has the power to match.

There is no main villain, and even if there is, it is going to be some kind of mindless monster of destruction, cuz that is how Mashima rolls

Well I guess so, he did it in Rave with Endless. He might do it here with I don't know maybe Anksheram? Though I don't think so.

Time Travel being an instrumental part of the Plot. Dragon Powers that, when over-used convert the user into a Dragon. A faceless, unseen monster who creates the villains out of decent people.

The Protagonist and Antagonist being closely related.

Huh, FT is basically a reskinned Rave when compared like that.

Got to wounder though; if Ankhseram does appear, in what way will he/she/it do so (hopefully in some way more original than 'last boss').

Wouldn't call it a reskinned Rave exactly; Rave was admittedly a darker story, but I do understand ur point. I honestly think that Acnologia is more of the final boss; in many ways he mirrors Endless- both are ridiculously powerful beings often seen as forces of nature, they only ever appear when a significant conflict is going down and both are established pretty quickly as the most powerful creatures in their respective verses- difference here being that Acnologia isn't a mindless monster.

Rave and FT are two different worlds completly. They have similar concepts in powers and for villain but the two stories have nothing to do with each other story wise. The last arcs are similar,but in the end it's the same author, but let's leave that aside now.

What do u mean? As far as I remember Jellal was the only one to even react to Nienharts attack. But I guess because of plot he protected her with his body rather than conjuring a shield.

Back