• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explanation Pages reorganisation (Important: Help needed)

Did you remove first person text, such as mentions of specific members or addressing the readers, from the pages in question?
I don't know if there were such things, the blogs were just straight to the point.
And did you redirect the links to them from other regular pages that linked to the blog posts that they are based on?

Also, did you remove the category from the low quality pages that are not actually officially used for any verse?
Yes

Okay. Thanks a massive lot for the help. You are awesome. 🙏🙂🎉🎊🥳🎖🏆

(The new pages should obviously not use thank-you notes to other members, and similar off-topic mentions, for example.)

Thanks a massive lot again. 🙂🙏🏆🎖

What, if anything, is left to do here?

I don't think Dereck went through all blogs.
Well, that list was created based on all the blogs that existed till October last year. I don't know if there's any other blog that needs to be converted, but if you feel like there's then you can check and convert them yourself.

You don't need permissions to do this job, just copy the source and create the page, there is nothing that requires special permissions.

This can simply be taken care of by us knowing which blogs have been converted to regular pages.

Blogs that need to be converted, so we can finish with the section Z
This can be converted to the page. AKM already approved it in the comments.
This is fine, except we need to remove the last part since it is irrelevant.
The first one is outdated as we no longer have type 3 abstract existence, please ping @Zaratthustra if he wants to rework on his blog.
Second, third and fourth one are fine and can be converted.
Fifth one has been stated that it is outdated. I need more input.

Blogs that need to be converted
The first one is outdated as we no longer have type 3 abstract existence, please ping @Zaratthustra if he wants to rework on his blog.
@Zaratthustra

Blogs that need to be converted, so we can finish with the section U
All blogs are made by @Ultima_Reality, I need his input if all those blogs can be converted or not, otherwise we need to remove the categories.

@Antvasima does content moderator have a special tool to automatically convert from blog to the page? If not, I may think of some code to be used for bots.

@Antvasima does content moderator have a special tool to automatically convert from blog to the page? If not, I may think of some code to be used for bots.
Not any that I know of. Members with wiki administrator rights can edit or delete blog posts though.

Blogs that need to be converted, so we can finish with the section U
All blogs are made by @Ultima_Reality, I need his input if all those blogs can be converted or not, otherwise we need to remove the categories.
All the blogs I've made are ones that I'd like to do some extensive revisions to before they're converted into explanation pages, so, I'd rather handle that task myself.

I think that there is a too great risk of automation being messed up, and you would also need to edit the contents to remove addressing the reader in first person, mentions of specific VSBW members and similar, anyway.

All the blogs I've made are ones that I'd like to do some extensive revisions to before they're converted into explanation pages, so, I'd rather handle that task myself.
Okay. Thank you for the reply. 🙏

I think that there is a too great risk of automation being messed up, and you would also need to edit the contents to remove addressing the reader in first person, mentions of specific VSBW members and similar, anyway.
Ok I contacted fandom developer, currently since I am not a content moderator, or I don't have the permissions, I will try it first on alt fandom

There are currently two ways (I am figuring it out in my alt fandom)
  • Renaming
  • A bot – AWB
  • Massrename script
Ok renaming works perfectly, simply change from blog posts to (main)

Last edited:
Blogs that need to be converted, so we can finish with the section Z
The first blog just has the number wrong as the profiles were changed when type 3 was removed. So I will delete the type 3 from there. Also, this blog will be combined with the second one, and both updated once I reach the revision of the verse. So the first one doesn't need to be converted.

The third blog is just lore, I guess it can be converted.

The fourth is just an explanation on how the magic system of the verse works, so it can be converted.

The fifth is only outdated on the rating of the verse as it wasn't updated when I made the downgrade from possible 2-A to just 2-B. I will change that part, while the thing with it being outdaded is that I mentioned it in the blog first thing, as I wanted to rework its formatting and grammar when I get more time. All the characters of the verse have the scans needed for their powers in their own pages, so this shouldn't be converted till I remake it. Its not the best blog I've made and I don't wish to edit later N amounts of times to fully update it. Currently just let it as it is, as It doesn't affect the verse much.

Can you do it? The fact you are content moderator and have the necessary permissions gives you an outstanding advantage.

Back