• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explanation Pages reorganisation (Important: Help needed)

Thank you very much for the help. I will replace that reference then.

At the moment only the explanation pages/cosmology blogs should be moved to regular pages, there are still more blogs, but they are compilations of feats or explanation of some character, etc. There are also other blogs that explain aspects of X cosmology, but there are too many of them and I don't know if they would qualify.

Last edited:

At the moment only the explanation pages/cosmology blogs should be moved to regular pages, there are still more blogs, but they are compilations of feats or explanation of some character, etc. There are also other blogs that explain aspects of X cosmology, but there are too many of them and I don't know if they would qualify.
Thank you very much for your help. We should preferably decide a naming procedure in which all of the new regular pages use something similar to the following title structure:

"[Verse name] Cosmology" or "[Verse name] Explanation Page". The word "thread" should also not be included, for example.

@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @Ultima_Reality @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Andytrenom @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Damage3245 @Agnaa

Your input would be very appreciated here.

I'd prefer "[Verse name] Cosmology Explanation"

That seems good to me, but do all of the blogs in question explain cosmology specifically?

Okay. Then it should probably be fine.

All of the links to the explanation blogs from regular VSB wiki pages need to be updated to the new page locations for the relevant information though, and those new pages should preferably be admin-locked as well.

Some of the later ones are or include respect threads. I don't see a great way to put those in ordinary pages, so perhaps they shouldn't be moved? Or should only have their cosmology explanations moved?

That is as close as there is to the general explanation of the cosmology of those verses, of course there is no problem if they believe they should not be moved.

It's just that some of them include a lot of stuff that doesn't fit. This one mentions characters being able to create black holes, having elemental magic, being able to heal, lifting islands. Just a bunch of stuff that isn't really cosmology.

You're right on that one. Now that i check again, the verse page says it's more stats, abilities, etc. It doesn't even suit as Physiology so it can be removed.

I also think that Agnaa makes sense above.

Sorta crossposting this here due to relevance; I noticed in this thread that moving all Explanation Pages to mainspace would run into conflicts with our rules on Verse-Specific Powers and Abilities, since some abilities that don't qualify for that instead have Explanation Blogs.
As cases like this appear to just have been declined from being moved to Explanation Pages, I'd think it'd be worthwhile to have some criteria regarding what's allowed in a Explanation Page and not, especially long term.

"[Verse name] Cosmology" or "[Verse name] Explanation Page". The word "thread" should also not be included, for example.
Agnaa's suggestion seems fine to me, in that regard. Nevertheless, I'll work on converting blog posts I was personally involved with into proper wiki pages, if necessary. This will be a good opportunity to trim some of them down and make general adjustments, anyway; it's something I've been wanting to do for quite some time.

As cases like this appear to just have been declined from being moved to Explanation Pages, I'd think it'd be worthwhile to have some criteria regarding what's allowed in a Explanation Page and not, especially long term.
That seems like a good idea. We could create a "Standard Format for Explanation Pages" instruction page, if somebody is willing to write a draft for it.

Agnaa's suggestion seems fine to me, in that regard. Nevertheless, I'll work on converting blog posts I was personally involved with into proper wiki pages, if necessary. This will be a good opportunity to trim some of them down and make general adjustments, anyway; it's something I've been wanting to do for quite some time.
Thanks a lot for helping out. It is very appreciated.

I don't think we can do a standard format for such pages as things currently are, plenty of our current explanation pages have considerably different layouts as is and cover considerably variable topics regarding a verse, unless we're willing to remove all of the current ones and force everyone to start again based on a standard to begin with.

It'd be better to just mention regulations for them in the Editing Rules as things currently are, although I wouldn't oppose promoting some more formal language and avoiding using pronouns for the reader/writer of the page (An issue I've noticed happens a lot in the References for Common Feats page, for example) while we're on that.

Last edited:
Okay. That makes sense. I would appreciate if somebody is willing to write an instruction/rule text draft.

Okay. That makes sense. I would appreciate if somebody is willing to write an instruction/rule text draft.
Maybe something like...

Regarding Explanation Pages, keep in mind that their contents should aim for formal wording and not rely on content such as fan terms or pronouns related to the author(s) of the page in question. Of note is that they shouldn't be used to circumvent standards for other page formats nor overlap with them, and so are restricted at most to explain content that can't properly fit in a profile (such as reasonings for a cosmology, equipment and in-verse exceptions or semantics) for the purposes of their current indexing on the site, and are linked as justifications in the relevant pages.

Thank you very much for helping out. I tried to rework the text flow with your draft as a basis. Is this acceptable?

"Keep in mind that the contents of Explanation Pages should strictly use formal language, and not rely on content such as fan terms or personal pronouns referring to the author(s) of the page in question. They should also strictly focus on explaining content that can't properly fit into profile pages, such as extensive reasoning for the scale of a verse cosmology or other complicated functions and structures within it, to provide justifications and background context for their currently listed powers and tiers in this wiki. Explanation Pages should be linked to as justifications in the associated relevant verse and character profile pages."

I am not sure what was intended with "shouldn't be used to circumvent standards for other page formats nor overlap with them". If you provide some elaboration, I might be able to include that information as well.

Thank you. How about this then?

"Keep in mind that the contents of Explanation Pages should strictly use formal language, and not rely on content such as fan terms or personal pronouns referring to the author(s) of the page in question. They should also strictly focus on explaining content that can't properly fit into profile pages, such as extensive reasoning for the scale of a verse cosmology or other complicated functions and structures within it, to provide justifications and background context for their currently listed powers and tiers in this wiki, without overlapping with the structure and function of verse-specific powers and abilities pages. Explanation Pages should be linked to as justifications in the associated relevant verse and character profile pages."

Thank you. Does it look fine to add for the rest of you as well?

Category descriptions aren't seen too often from my experience, if anything I'd support just reminding of the Editing Rules regarding them over there.

Well, maybe we can add the text in both places then? So we ensure that it will actually be seen when it is relevant to follow.

Chances are there'll be even more standards to do over them eventually, and generally category descriptions want to be rather short, and so it'd be best to just mention the current one then request that for more information the Editing Rules should be checked, even if just for futureproofing at the moment.
Something similar was done in the Mind Manip page regarding Hax standards.

Thank you. How about this then?

"Keep in mind that the contents of Explanation Pages should strictly use formal language, and not rely on content such as fan terms or personal pronouns referring to the author(s) of the page in question. They should also strictly focus on explaining content that can't properly fit into profile pages, such as extensive reasoning for the scale of a verse cosmology or other complicated functions and structures within it, to provide justifications and background context for their currently listed powers and tiers in this wiki, without overlapping with the structure and function of verse-specific powers and abilities pages. Explanation Pages should be linked to as justifications in the associated relevant verse and character profile pages."
To clarify, I mean the above being added to the Editing Rules

How about this then?

Wouldn't it be better if I add the accepted instruction text to the following category page instead of to our Editing Rules page though? It will likely be seen by more people who actually need to see it that way.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Explanation_Pages
Chances are there'll be even more standards to do over them eventually, and generally category descriptions want to be rather short, and so it'd be best to just mention the current one then request that for more information the Editing Rules should be checked, even if just for futureproofing at the moment.
Something similar was done in the Mind Manip page regarding Hax standards.
Yes. Placing the instruction text in our Editing Rules, and then referring to it in the category itself seems like a good approach.
@Dereck03 @DarkDragonMedeus

Would either of you be willing to handle this please?

Also, thank you for helping out, Bobsican.

Uh... I think DDM just did the opposite approach to what was intended.

The stuff that was added here should go in the Editing Rules, and the request currently in the Editing Rules to check the description of the Explanation Pages category should go in the Explanation Pages category and be the other way (aka, ask readers to check the Editing Rules for more information).

Edit: Just noticed Ant also noticed as well, but in any case someone should sort it out, I'd do it but I lack user rights to edit locked pages.

Back