• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Existence Erasure potency

Hello everyone,

I'd like some confirmation that EE potency does in fact depend on range, or more specifically AoE.

To give an example, a character that erases multiple universes (space-times) with a single attack will have superior EE potency to a character that erases a single universe (space-time).

I know this reasoning is used in a lot of vs matches already but the existence erasure page is kinda lacking in this regard so it'd be nice to have this for future reference.

Last edited:
Yeah id like clarification for this as well. As far as I'm aware only mind manipulation and soul manipulation are scaled by aoe. It's even written on those pages that it's scaled this way.

Last edited:
Uh ...... I would disagree with erasing more = higher potency. Erasing a car and erasing a building are the same thing with the only difference being the larger aoe for the latter. Aoe and range have their uses but they shouldn’t equate to potency.

Imo the only stuff that matter in regards to potency for EE are whether it hits multiple of the body/mind/soul, bypasses/overcomes someone’s EE layer(s) of resistance or affects higher dimensional existences.

Hmm interesting, I know for instance several people, one of them being DDM treating it like more range = better. At least within 4D.

I do agree more range = better but not in the same vein. It’s obviously better if you can hit someone from the universe/timeline two space times over but what’s actually the difference with hitting them 5 ft away. EE is EE.

Of course we obviously have those special few who exist in every timeline (looking at you Lavos) so nuking the multiverse is clearly more helpful but nothing more than that.

I imagine it this way:
EE with more range is more powerful in the same way that a big explosion has more power than a little explosion.

I imagine it this way:
EE with more range is more powerful in the same way that a big explosion has more power than a little explosion.
This basically, EE is another method of destruction like vaporization and atomization, only it negates durability.

Also I mean AoE when I say range, should probably clarify that.

EE's potency is not necessary given by aoe, the mass or the material erased, erasing a car is not necessary more powerful than erasing a chair.

Pretty sure RW being used to grant a tier is specifically when they create or destroy something with RW. Using RW to do something that is pure hax doesn’t grant a tier.

Stuff like Soul Manip and Mind Manip, life sucking, etc are stuff whose potency are determined by how many numbers they affect. Also how layers of resistance you overcome, nature of stuff wtc. Both quality and quantity matter.

But stuff like Death Manip, Time Slow/Stop, EE etc don't get their potency from range at all but rather only quality( again nature and layers of resistance). So quality matters but range/numbers does not determine potency.

Time stop is different from EE, I even pushed for time stop to be treated like EE (and it used to be in the past) a while back.
Yeah I know, just pointed out examples where I feel hax range is Irrelevant to potency, I wasn't necessarily drawing any other comparison between them.

If I may ask how were they treated similarly exactly in the past??

Iirc it was from a thread in 2018 from Dialga vs Dio, but I might have misinterpreted it looking back at it.

I have seen some people try to argue “universal time stop” before so I do believe there definitely are people who subscribe to the reasoning but I don’t recall it ever succeeding.

It's pretty case by case to rate potency of EE; Area of Effect is one way, but I'd also argue population can also rate it. And there's also precision that's also important; some characters control their AoE more than others. And also, I think powerscaling could also be an indicator; character A struggles to EE character B, but character C does so easily is another factor. But otherwise, our policies are similar to how we rate mind manipulation or soul manipulation potency. But another factor is that active EE tends to require more resistance than passive EE since the latter would typically have much less precision.

But otherwise, our policies are similar to how we rate mind manipulation or soul manipulation potency.
But unlike soul and mind hax which can be treated as astral and mental AP, and soul resistance and mind resistance treated as astral and mental durability.....since mind, soul and body constitutes general physiology of character...... EE does not seem to follow that logic.... since its pure hax....sooooo 🤨

Back