• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Execution is Everything: Akame vs Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh.....Wait so Akame can't dice her when poison is running through her body? Once again, you forget Tatsumi has the same regen as Teresa and it did nothing to help against the poison,

She's not going to be caught off guard when a HUMAN is fighting on par with her? Yoma flow not coming from a Claymore is one thing, bit a human fighting her?

Akame has traded blows with a semi serious Esdeath who is mountain level, that isn't an argument that she would be fine.

Also what? Rigardo and Riful's head were still attached to their body. They were so badly wounded they couldn't heal, that's why Riful was shocked at how Priscilla was able to heal and let her guard down.

Combat speed is how fast the fighter can react to and block a series of incoming attacks and fight back. Attack speed is the speed of the weapon/arm itself, which while normally equal anyway, the quicksword makes far faster than the user's actual combat speed. Combat speed is personal, attack speed refers to the weapon (or arm+sword in this case).

The quicksword technique is done by flooding the arm with Yoki, massively increasing its speed and strength. At the same time, the arm is now completely filled with 'demon energy' so it completely wild. The user focuses on controlling the area that gets attacked, but otherwise within that area the arm moves on its own wildly and extremely fast. Teresa percieving and moving to block and attacks qualifies as combat speed. Teresa making her arm go psycho and much faster than normal with a special technique qualifies as attack speed

I still haven't seen an explanation of how Tatsumi's Regenerationn works, which is an important thing to include when you are saying that his regen didn't help against the poison. Poison kills by damaging the cells, and in Akame's case, causing cardiac arrest. Damage to some important part of the heart like the aorta is something Awakened Teresa can regen from quite easily.

She'd probably just assume a claymore hiding her yoki exceptionally well, which she fought against when she was battling pre-awakened Priscilla.

If Akame has traded blows with Esdeath, then she's City to Mountain level and this fight is a stomp, or she's 7-C likely higher to Teresa's high 7-C and is going to strain her arms whenever she blocks Teresa's attacks. If she even can block them, which is unlikely thanks to the quicksword attack speed.

"So badly wounded they couldn't regenerate" - http://www3.mangafreak.net/Read1_Claymore_59_28 - this is what Rigardo looked like when he was killed. Yeah, no sh*t he couldn't regenerate, he's been completely cut apart.

Nm.png
- this is how Riful dies, She is skewered from the inside at all angles, including through her brain and has her arms and lower body removed by Priscilla. Regenerating from a destroyed brain requires Mid regen, so of course it is going to kill her when her regen is only low-Mid

Somehow I doubt that Akame is going to be able to do that level of damage to Teresa

I know man, she was so fantastically evil.

You know, you might be right about the regen, I saw it on his page and thought it was because he got skewered all over the body by Esdeath. But I still can't really agree unless you tell me how Tatsumi doesn't have low-Mid regen, it says it on his page, it's the same as Teresa, yet it failed against the poison and he survived via adaptation as pointed out in chapter 77, you could see a revision board to correct it.

She traded blows with Esdeath in the arena but it was decided she didn't scale due to Esdeath only being semi serious

Actually, BOTH forms of Priscilla she failed to sense. I believe she was able to do it in Clare's body but I might be wrong.

If attack speed isn't Equalized what is the point of speed equalized? Or is Teresa an exception, if this is the case, this fight should be closed, Teresa can solo AGK with unequalized speed.

Riful was great wasn't she... "I sincerely do not want to kill you! Only torture you until you awaken, and then we can be friends!"

I don't know Akame ga Kill apart from what I've learnt from Akame's fights on this site, so I'm don't know enough to make a revision thread. I'm asking for scans and explanations of Tatsumi's regen because it is possible the nature of his regen is different to Teresa's and there is a reason why his isn't able to regenerate from the Murasame.

If Esdeath was only semi serious so Akame being Mountain level wasn't accepted, she is still at 7-C possibly higher to Teresa's high 7-C. You said yourself in your first comment that Teresa lolstomps Akame in strength and skill. If someone is vastly stronger than you, even if you can block their sword with your own, you are still putting your force against their own to block, and the weaker person is going to come off worse.

I don't remember enough about Awakened Teresa v Priscilla to say if she could sense her or not, though by that point it didn't really matter as Teresa was so far above Priscilla to begin with. Either way, when Teresa couldn't sense Priscilla she was still able to fight her evenly, so she won't be that shocked by Akame's lack of yoki

From the speed page:

Attack Speed
The speed at which an attack moves. For example, X character is hypersonic, but he can do an attack that is a natural beam of light, the speed for the attack is different from the speed of the user, hence the attack would be lightspeed even if its user isn't.

Combat Speed
The speed at which a character can fight.

Teresa's quicksword is sub-relativistic from that Naruto Forums calc on her page, but the author forgot that the quicksword is all about majorly buffing the speed/strength of a single limb at the cost of a lack of control, and this wouldn't scale to Teresa's combat speed. Or possibly the person who put it on the profile did. Either way, I'll make a revision thread on that. Teresa's combat speed would be at least massively hypersonic+ due to being vastly superior to her previous form, but the attack speed of the quicksword would remain at sub relativistic.

The point of speed equalised is to equalise combat, movement and reaction speeds so that the fighters can actualy percieve each other moving, catch up to each otherand react to each other. Attack speed isn't equalised because its a natural result of their attack being faster than the user is. Its like when bullets move too quickly to be seen. Just because the bullet is moving at subsonic+ speeds, doesn't mean a normal human with a gun is subsonic+, and if we were to have a fight between two gun users we wouldn't equalise the speed of the bullet as otherwise they would just be able to dodge the bullet when it is shot.

I still think that attack speed wouldn't be applied towards swords or physical moves. Just projectiles and such. However if everyone else here is in agreement on that then I'll just conform

I think speed equalized means every speed is equalized.

Anyway, so Murasame is useless on characters with Low-Mid Regenerationn and above?

I keep hearing people arguing that some characters with regen would be fine against Murasama due to them being able to regenerate their heart (see Wolverine vs Akame) but there's no definitive answer to the type of regen required. Or of course if any since to my knowledge in AgK no one survives Murasama without cutting that part of the body off.

Y'all are killin me with these fights I love Teresa AND Akame. Before I make my decision, I'd like some clarification in regards to Teresa: so she's right handed, as we know. We've established that if Akame cuts her left arm, she can just amputate if she notices the curse fast enough. If. But 1. Are we establishing she does know about it in this fight? 2. If Akame gets her in the left arm, can't Akame just cut her in the leg or smth later? 3. If Murasame could put down Tyrant, who has the same regen as Teresa, then Akame could kill Teresa with it right?

Overall I think Akame has more she can put Teresa down with, but Teresa is also hella OP just in the skill category alone soooo mark ke as inconclusive for now, but I'll make a concrete decision eventually.

@Monarch

So, if a character who's Hypersonic normally and has Relativistic attack speed is up against someone who's Hypersonic all around and speed is equalized, it wouldn't affect attack speed? That means the character with Relativistic attack speed can keep attacking with the other having no chance to react? Because I've always heard speed equalized means all speeds are equalized.

Burning Full Fingers said:
@Monarch

So, if a character who's Hypersonic normally and has Relativistic attack speed is up against someone who's Hypersonic all around and speed is equalized, it wouldn't affect attack speed? That means the character with Relativistic attack speed can keep attacking with the other having no chance to react? Because I've always heard speed equalized means all speeds are equalized.
That's how I've interpreted it as well.

The difference between attack speed and combat speed is that if a character with an attack speed far higher than their combat speed fought someone who had that far higher speed as their combat speed, they would still be blitzed.

Attack speed refers to the movement speed of an attack essentially. It still requires the user to aim it with whatever lesser combat speed they have normally, or in Teresa's case, guide the quicksword so it only hits the area she wants it to hit.

Christopher Valzelide's Gamma Ray - Keuranos would not be equalised, as it is attack speed that still relies on his own Massively Hypersonic combat speed to aim and fire it, so any character faster than MHS+ would blitz him, lightspeed attack or no.

Reinhard's infinite attack speed would not be equalised, as it still relies on his Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed to throw the spear, so anyone in the higher range of MHS+ and above would blitz him, even with infinite attack speed (ignore Nifelheim Fenriswolf)

So yes, if two characters were Hypersonic fought each other, but one had a Relativistic attack, the relativistic attack would remain at that speed.

Now admittedly, this can create problems, such as putting a character with a gun up against someone FTL (in the same tier obviously). If speed is equalised to FTL, the gun would be worthless, as the bullets (and thus attack speed) would only be subsonic+ or so. This is easily preventable though, by equalising speed to the lower speed rather than the higher one.

Edit; One more thing. Just as a normal human can aimdodge a bullet, it is possible for a character (sometimes, looking at you Mr "Always accurate, hits instantly attack") to aim dodge an attack with a far higher speed than their own combat speed assuming the person using that attack has an equal speed.

So in other words, while Akame doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of dodging or blocking the quicksword while in its range she can still keep out of the area Teresa designates to attack.

Monarch Laciel said:
Teresa was able to sense Priscilla perfectly well. She simply let her guard down in a moment of weakness and Priscilla went full Awakened One and killed her.
Poison does damage to you by damaging your insides, of course Regenerationn is going to help against it. It certainly won't put down Teresa in one hit, which will surprise Akame and lower her guard, making it all the easier for Teresa to simply break through and dice Akame up.
Incorrect. Murasame's poison does no damage. Just stops the heart.

Akame: 2

Teresa: 3

Inconclusive: 3

We need a real understanding of Murasama and what kind of Regenerationn can resist it

Her poison cannot be resisted. If you have a heart, you die. It just stops the heart. Even someone with immunity to over 400 poisons was effected by it.

I can show you a few threads were it was accepted that someone was able to resist her poison (mostly having to do with those that can regenerate their own hearts)

You know what, I vote Teresa. Yes she'll be caught off guard by the Yoki sure but it won't take long before she reads Akame, she couldn't sense Priscilla at all yet Priscilla was only able to scratch her once via an extremely unorthodox move that Akame can't do.

Okay I'm no longer inconclusive. I choose Akame for the reasons above, as well as imo having more to kill Teresa with. High-diff

Gojira, Akame's poison stops the heart by damaging it on a cellular level. Claymore can easily regenerate from damage to organs or limbs, and Teresa is more skilled and stronger than Akame to begin with, as well as having shapeshifting and body manipulation to take Akame off gaurd (yes I know Akame has fought against people with that, bu it is still going to catch Akame off guard if she doesn't know Teresa has it to begin with). She also has a sub-rel quicksword that will dice Akame to dust if she gets within about 2 metres, sooo...

I... don't think that's how it works? It's a fictional curse with a fictional poison. I don't think it's that deep. And again, if speed is equalized, then doesn't that mean Teresa's Mach 65,000 feat doesn't matter as much here?

Monarch Laciel said:
Murasame is a "poison curse"

Poison works by causing internal damage to the cells.
And swords aren't meant to be used against guns.

And people don't create ice for the lolz.

Comparing real life to fiction is ridiculous under almost any circumstance. Especially since one can grow a resistance to poison like Barbara and to a smaller extent Tatsumi yet both failed to stop it.

Also, Tatsumi healed after getting completely skewered by Esdeath in chapter 76 so there's his healing.

Ok, I'll buy that it is a fictional poison curse that doesn't work the same as normal poison.

But even unawakened Claymores are capable of regenerating from being impaled through their hearts. Teresa is not only the most powerful claymore ever bar none, she is also fully awakened. Her Regenerationn should be able to shrug off her heart stopping, or at the very minimum, delay its effects long enough to surprise Akame with her surviving, and kill Akame

Gojira, attack speed is not equalised, and the quicksword technique has a far faster movement (and thus attack) speed than Teresa would be capable of reacting to herself. For the sake of the debate I'll assume that attack speed is also equalised, as there is another thread on this going on right now. If attack speed is also equalised, Teresa is still stronger and more skilled than Akame, as well as having shapeshifting/body manipulation to help her surprise akame and dodge her attacks

I'm sure everyone here so far has assumed all speeds are equalized, except for Monarch so we'll just keep it at that. For future threads we'll go based on what that other thread dictates

Again, Tatsumi got impaled from every angle by Esdeath and survived just fine yet it failed against Murasame.

We have people with the same regen as Claymore who failed against Murasame, we have people resistant to poison who failed against Murasame.

I think the poison argument can be dropped now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back