• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evil Ernie Regenerationn revision

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
So, Evil Ernie's Regenerationn is listed as Mid-High, and I actually have the scans that prove the rating is legitimate.

But after some more reading, I realized it's possible that his Regenerationn is even more ridiculous, albeit in a way that's ultimately situational as far as combat goes.

Note: Rather than posting a bunch of isolated scans from the relevant comics, I'll just post links to the comics themselves.

First off, we have the Armageddon event comic from 1999. The plot of this is effectively an "end of the universe" doomsday scenario where the faces of Chaos Comics unite against a cosmic entity who's seeking to ruin the entire universe. At the end of it (go to Issue #4), the entity is defeated, but as its last revenge, it releases a wave of uncreation which erases the entire universe from existence. Despite one of the characters managing to alter the wave's results so that it rewrites the universe afterwards, all of the Chaos characters are wiped out by this event.

You're probably thinking to yourself "Where's Ernie in all of this"? Well, sad to say, he was killed in the final issue of Evil Ernie: War of the Dead, wiped out by one of the nuclear warheads which he himself had set off. Naturally, since every corpse within several kilometers of him was blown to Kingdom Come as well, there was nothing for him to use to resurrect himself.

Such seems to be the end of Evil Ernie's legacy...or at least it seemed to be the end, until the Evil Ernie Returns comic, where an inmate's execution provides a corpse for Ernie to possess and use to restore his physical body. Not only is this comic set in the new universe after the events of Armageddon, but both he and Smiley appear to remember everything that happened prior to and during the climax of War of the Dead.

So, with all of this in front of us, we have:

• The destruction of his physical body to the point that it could not regenerate, as well as the destruction of every means of coming back to life that he had.
  • The subsequent erasure and restructure of the entire universe in which he existed. (Which should have completely ended him, even if he were existing as nothing but a disembodied consciousness)
  • Complete resurrection in the new universe, explicitly after he old one was erased, as well as a retained memory of everything that had happened before.
I believe this qualifies for the following:

Regenerationn (Mid-High for his physical body. Up to High-Godly through corpse possession, as this method allowed him to restore himself after the Chaos Comics universe was erased from existence.)

Does this seem reasonable?

Actually, sounds like more of a non-corporeality/possession combo, as he needed to grab a body to come back.

Yes, but his non-corporeal form was able to do this after the entire universe he exists within was erased and rebuilt. The typifier for High-Godly is that it allows you to regenerate/restore yourself after being erased and having your entire plane of existence destroyed, which is exactly what this ability seems to have allowed him to do.

Voldemort's resurrection potion qualifies him for Low-Godly because, while he himself cannot regenerate his entire body from scratch, a potion was able to restore him from nothing but a soul. This would be a case similar to that, only with different specifics.

I don't know. There's always the possibility that his non corporeal form just straight up survived in similar fashion to good ol' Monika

Regenerationn is only if you're able to naturally, well, regenerate from the damage.

Voldemort isn't Low-Godly because he can't just create a new body from scratch.

Same here.

Is it mid godly if you can make a new body and soul after your previous one got destroyed?

^I believe so.

And if this isn't High-Godly regen, then what is it? Because if it were simply non-corporeality and possession, then the entire universe being erased in its entirety most certainly would have ended him for good, no matter what state he was in.

It's just higher end Non-Corporeality. Much like how White Face is technically High-Godly via his Non-Corporeality and Monika is Mid-Godly via it.

Hmm. Well in that case, if non-corporeality is added to his profile (as he doesn't currently have it there), should it be specified in a note that his non-corporeality allows him to survive the universe being erased in its entirety? Seems like that would be an important thing to clarify, imo.

Well, I suppose that works for me then.

Slightly Off-Topic: We should probably remove the Low-Godly Regenerationn from Voldemort's profile, seeing as it straight up says "Up to Low-Godly with Potions" on there for some reason. That was part of why I figured this would go through.

Yesh, that'll be good. Make sure to make a note of how strong it is.

Done.

Man, this just reinforces my belief that he's one of the strongest 9-As we've got on the wiki.

Yeah. I actually think part of the reason Dynamite Entertainment made him weaker when they rebooted his character was due to how stupid broken he became during the original Chaos Comics run. Chances are, their writers just didn't know what to do with him the way he was, kind of like what happened with Pre-Crisis Superman.

Anywho, we can close this thread now. There isn't anything else to go over at this point, I don't think.

Back