• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World 3: Stardust Crusaders: Part 3

Torlikoff said:
@Monarch: In the realm you can see a pile of bodies, it seems to be slowly increasing. There is a small counter by the bottom labeled "Destroyer kill count".
I vomit. Hey. It's a perfectly normal reaction for someone who's never seen a corpse before. I don't expect to suddenly see a pile of bloody mutilated bodies. I also don't expect them to start squirming and moaning.

When I've emptied my stomach of the burger I got in Jacksonville, I look up again. The pile is larger.

Is that what is happening out there? So many people dying. I didn't...

Humans are sight oriented creatures. Things aren't real until we see them: Seeing is believing, after all. History illustrates it. Oh, sure, Allied governments hears reports of Allied death camps in World War, but that was a far cry from when the first troops actually saw the imprisoned Jews as they liberated the camps. And by the same token, if you don't see something happening, it isn't as real. You can hear reports of tradegies, but they don't hit you the way they would if you were standing there.

I had heard the bullets. Seen the buildings fall. But I hadn't seen the true cost. The human cost.

If I could help and I ran away from this, I would never be able to live with myself.

The ghosts scream louder. They're angry. Angry with the one that killed them, their rage feeding on each other's to grow stronger. Magic and ideas flicker in my mind and I smile. I walk towards the screaming mass, and I let their rage fill me, burning itself into my mind like dozens of red hot needles. Anger and hate and pain all swarming into me, and I join their cries with a feral, barely human roar of my own. And then when I can bear it no longer, I take that rage and I turn it into my magic, and I call upon Hellfire, and I feed it all back into those angry ghosts.

In its most poetic form, the fourth law of magic forbids a wizard from crossing the boundary of life and death. More technically, it forbids the art of necromancy upon a human corpse. The raising of the dead is enough to earn one silver sword from the Wardens, straight to your neck.

But I'm not raising or binding these ghosts.

I'm giving them the power the raise themselves.

On the other side of the veil, in the physical world, reality shivers.

And then the veil tears, and dozens of ghosts charge through, spectral bodies half forged of Hellfire, shaping their material bodies from the rock and dust and twisted metal of Washington's ruins until they look like nightmarish beings of jet-black smoke and molten metal and ravenous hatred, and they charge the orange eyed figure to literally drag him down to hell.

Meanwhile, I fall to the ground, managing to angle myself so I fall through the tear in the veil and back to reality so I don't get trapped in the Nevernever for whatever creature with long claws and fangs and a taste for human flesh to nibble on, and black out.

@Over "I think this is supposed to be my first mission, but i have no idea what my objective is" I say trying not to reveal too nuch about the organisation.

I see a bunch of monsters run at the orange dude and follow where they came from to find Alma on the ground.

Well, that's not very safe.

I pick her up and put her in the van so I can watch over her for safety until she wakes up.

WHYNAUT said:
@Over "I think this is supposed to be my first mission, but i have no idea what my objective is" I say trying not to reveal too nuch about the organisation.
"Considering what we have seen so far, i think your objective would probably be to try stop whoever is the cause of all this destruction."

I respond to her.

@WHYNAUT

"... what ?"

I start flaoting and go in front of Mia

"What do you mean with "This is not what i was made for" ?."

I say quite confused

The orange tinted soldiers struggles briefly before going limp. His body is dragged to wherever those things may take him, but again the orange figure flies out of the body, looking extremely angry.

Oh. I slipped up.

It doesn't matter anymore anyway.

"I am a tool of my organisation. Ever since I was created I have been prepared to go on missions for them, but an apocalypse is not one of the organistaion's concers and by extension not one of my concerns" I answer Waldo.

The orange man attempts to fly into Jack and posses him, but is seemingly unsuccessful.

"I'll kill you!" The orang thing screams before creating a rather menacing large ball of crackling energy above it's head.

I fly into the fight, propelled by Explosion power, and headbutt the ball of energy directly

GWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I smash into the nearby pavement, bloodied from the attack. Of course, my glasses are still fine, and I'm still in fighting flex shape, so I leap out of the rubble and open fire on the guy.

The bullets seem to do minimal damage, barely stopping him. He begins charging several of the balls from before above his head.

Well, I suppose there is only one real option to take here.

Run behind cover and wait for healing.

But, before I pull that, I throw a molotov in his face to cover my escape.

Sombra escapes the police that went to check the block he was in with Stealth.

He then looks where he can go next in the map.

Considering that I'm now plenty recovered thanks to the logic of call of duty, I am ready to make my strike back. Though, considering my regular arms don't do squat, I'll have to look to alternative means...

I start lining the entire area with a ton of C4, enough to completely glass the entire area when I pull the trigger.

The orange man kicks one of the C4 Into Chad's face while launching a ball of energy at him as well.

I leap into the air over the ball of energy, then throw a pack directly onto the guy's face, before continuing to line up the area.

"You guys should keep him busy. This is a team effort, after all."

@WHYNAUT

"You are no tool, you are a person.

Also we have been pulled in this world by that Omni guy, he's the only reason you are here, so stop thinking about that organization."

I tell Mia

From the combination of the Phosphorus and flamethrower, the orange man is very on fire and stunned. The energy balls are still in the air.

Sombra side steps away from the dart.

Sombra presses his ear.

BEEP BEEP

"Otaken, i need your help, what would you do if you were fighting a orange man?"

BEEP BEEP

Incoming transmission from Sombra.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
"Otaken, i need your help, what would you do if you were fighting a orange man?"
".....Are we talking the color or the fruit?"

Back