• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

@Pile

Aya continues sealing up the remaining material, as she is, if necessary, capable of doing so for the separated part later. She notes however that this separated part is not interfering with her territory at all.

"I don't know if "alive" is the right word for it. It's not projecting the spirit's world at least."

She notes.

She floats somewhat closer to it, to inspect and analyze to it, as well as how it interacts with the surroundings. She tries to see how it interacts with the demonic properties of the surroundings, if at all, and if it seems to be causing any damage to the area.

@Palace

"Now then, since most have dispersed to investigate, Serafall, may I have a word with you in private?"

Aleia inquired.

@Distortion

The demon, who some may recognize as the one known as Ewald, arrives along with the others, floating over the area. He appears frustrated at the attack attempt.

"Why is it that the first thing to be done is direct offense against an unknown aspect? In any case, these are of some interest, as they did not disperse with the rest of nature."

The demon tried to get an idea of what was going on. Whether or not these beings were "truly" alive, had souls, or if they were something else entirely. Does the blackness resemble a world forcibly projected, similar to Aleia's or the nature spirit's?

X silently focused on analyzing the beast's physiology, trying to figure out what exactly was going on with them. Were they even "alive"? If so, how did they survive when nothing else could? Is there a leader or something else controlling them? And so on?

@pile

The sealing of the main mass continues without discernable complications, but the same cannot be said for the separated portion. Specifically, Aya is having difficulties actually making it interact with the energies of her world, as though she's attempting to reach for something with her eye's closed, metaphorically anyways. When she finally makes that work, the part seems entirely inert: it isn't alive beyond sparse cellular action and appears to have no relation to the thing in any way. Yet, but a moment later, it begins to stand.

Slowly, deliberately, it forms legs from the ash of it's body that, bending at an inhuman forwards angle, pick it up off the ground with a wet squelching, it forming into a more clearly humanoid shape as it does so. Despite this, it seems to become inactive again shortly thereafter, being perfectly still.

@Russia

While the majority of the valley creatures don't break eye contact with the group, a few turn towards the flock. A moment later, strange, purple appendages erupt skywards from within the group. Close observation would show these to have an engorged tip, spherical and covered in heavily barbed, prehensile suckers. The birds are easily caught and yanked back down into the group, presumably consumed.

As for Ewald and X's analysis of the creatures: they are alive, in some sense. They have a heartbeat and a flow of blood, but are obviously supernatural in nature, explaining to a degree why they live when little else does as well as how many continue functioning with wounds that would be instantly lethal to other organisms. Furthermore, they lack anything identifiable as a soul or proper social hierarchy, although the latter would be rather hard to determine from just this glance, and their nature is nothing like that of the thing of Aleia's worlds. Finally, they do not appear to be puppets for some other being.

"I am willingvto take these things to my pocket dimension." I offer looking at the creatures with great curiosity.

Last edited:
I gulp as the thing devours the flock of birds in an instant. I try to check my connection to them to see if it is possible to check on their state as they go down their... digestive system? Do they even have that?

"So, we attack or not? It could be related to what's happening around this area."

"If they aren't alive, we wouldn't be killing them... removing them seems... permissible, given the circumstances..."

Dieman has his hand to his head, thinking as he says that...

@World_with_Ash

"Kinda looks like the guy that came for the thingo from the nature spirit, doesn't it ?"

The demon mushroom make the seemingly wild claim as it looks as the fleshy humanoid shape.

@CrimsonStarFallen

"I vote on blowing them up !"

The grand mushroom says very energetically.

@palace

"I suppose so, what did you want to know?" Serafall asks, looking over toward Aleia

@Russia

The angel just continues floating around the others, puffs of fire coming out of the side of its mouth, as if to cast its vote in favor of attacking.

@Paul_Frank

Aleia waves her hand, taking the two of them to a private room for now.

"Less know and more discuss. Something about you. Just... what are you?"

The demon woman asked, sounding vaguely exasperated.

"Whenever I look at you or am present in your vicinity, my soul feels like it's on fire. I feel an inherent drive to fight you. And I have no idea why. It wasn't like this before."

She explained.

@Pile

"This isn't the nature spirit from before. Somehow, it's not even related to it."

She noted to everyone present.

Aya carefully observes the thing, she attempts to peer into its "mind", if it even possesses one, to tell if it is sentient or only a mechanism acting out a specific set of parameters.

"Can you hear me?"

She attempts to speak to it, both mentally and vocally at once, to see what it does in response.

@Russia

"I would advise against taking them anywhere before we know what they are. They also do not seem to possess souls."

Ewald explained, before attempting to peer into their minds to see if those are present.

"I have no command to engage yet, only investigate, though you all may do as you deem necessary. I can also tell that these are not an extension or puppet of another being, they are something of their own right. Something foreign to this world, one might assume."

For those of you that were around nuuk would see a cloaked man approach the door to Aleia's palace "So this is where you went, was wondering what happened to you for you to go off the map but a wholly new world is one thing I just didn't expect from this place."

@palace

"What am I? That's a good question, I could be called an Angel by some, a God by others, a Sage, the Supreme Primarch, there's no shortage of titles." Serafall says, before pausing

"As for your soul feeling like it's on fire, and your drive to fight me, I couldn't answer that for you. The first can potentially be explained away by my being entirely being composed of an energy that purifies the unholy, but perhaps both of those could be explained by saying that since you've came here, your nature has become further opposed to mine over time."

@Paul_Frank

"That's not what I meant. And it's not the purification. Holy powers don't do anything special against me, to them I am just the same as any other being. It's something else. It feels like it's something tied to the powers you and I got. Maybe it is because you are the bearer of the Triforce of Courage. Or maybe it's something else about you. I don't understand it. I don't hate you, but I feel this strange drive."

Aleia explained, sounding a bit confused from her own words as well.

"Well, most other beings would have that same reaction to these powers in specific, but if you're sure it's not that, then hmm."

Serafall opens one of her hands palm up, and within it appears a straightsword with a blue handle.

"If you think it's tied to the powers I received, what do you think about this thing? It's called the master sword apparently. Or maybe it is related to the triforces, and deep down you want them all for yourself, and that's the source of your feeling." She muses

@Paul_Frank

"T-that thing..."

Aleia seems to indeed react to the sight of that blade.

"That sword. I think I have a better idea now. You bear the soul of the hero. The two of us are tied together by an ancient curse. A curse that wants me to destroy you, and will cause us two to reincarnate over and over until one is annihilated completely."

She stated, looking a bit out of it as she spoke.

"How fitting then, that the angel and demon are the ones with such a curse tying them together." Serafall says, making the blade vanish.

"Considering you haven't attacked me yet, am I to assume you don't want to try and destroy me as per the curse? Or did you want to do that still, but just didn't want everyone else to see?"

@pile

Sam's Instinct considers this ash-thing familiar information, but there isn't exactly very far for it to go back that doesn't show things she already saw herself.

Aya's telepatic contact is initially unsuccessful, as the portion appears devoid of any kind of mind, but then, as though snapping awake, consciousness is detected. A series of sensations flood into Aya: a low, acidic burning, followed by thousands of dazzling flashes, followed then by the sensation of being torn apart repeated so many times it becomes impossible to separate individual instances from another, and then a horrid chocking, as though her own lungs are full of rot. And finally, there is an infinitesimal flash of maddening anger, hitting her like a physical blow, all taken in less than a second.

The ash-thing, apparently awakened by this intrusion, quickly opens two flaps on the upper portion of it's face, resulting in a constant stream of blood falling to the floor, before disappearing as the entire area is drenched in a plume of smoke. An instant later, Aya, finds herself at minimum hundreds of meters from her prior position, addled by disorientation and the fact that her torso is about a third as thick as it was a moment ago, with the ash-thing limply flying through the air along with her, it's fingers drilling deep into her head.

However, on a slightly less immediately concerning note, Corrin could notice that this action was far from something normal for the ash-thing. A moment before this, the wound-together muscles and bones in both of it's lower legs were shredded and shattered even further, and it's likely that both were completely blown off and either destroyed or dissipated in the resulting chaos.

@Russia

Matricardo's senses don't last very long in the birds, either due to damage to the latter or due to the disturbing nature of the beast's insides. The birds' eyes are momentarily open to a space much larger than should be able to fit inside the thing, mostly filled with a black, acidic liquid with unidentifiable shapes somewhat visible either in the distance or well below the bird.

The hooded figure would go towards the door to Aleia's palace and if no one interrupted him he would knock on it and ask to be invited inside

"Now then..."

Having finished the first step of their project, Elfen now just needed to wait for the world's state to be reverted. In the meantime...

@Russia

Elfen appears next to those who are in Russia, looking at the strange phenomenom in front of them.

"Oh? That's new. Do any of you have an idea of what's going on here?"

The shadow from before...

"That's a creature... or at least, something like one. Probably somewhat related as to why this area feels like death itself. I'm not too happy about it."

Suddely, a cap saying "Pest Extermination" appears over my head, after which i pull out a RPG.

"I'm gonna attack it."

"I see... Ah, I believe I haven't introduced myself. I'm Elfen. You've already met my Shadow. If needed I will assist in this fight."

Elfen prepares for a fight. Multiple distortions form around them and needle-like beams can be seen crossing from distortion to distortion. Ever since the fight against the nature spirit, Elfen had been saving up attacks and circling them around through their control over space and time.

"I've been waiting for this!"

You can swear Dieman temporarily shifts into a Japanese highschooler upon saying that, but further inspection reveals they're still the same old Dieman. A Dieman who shifted into a combat stance, drawing out one of his butterfly knives.

@Russia

"Wazzah ! Get a whole lof of this furries !"

The grandshroom shouts as it unleashe fire with the witching hour at the horde of wolf-like create, as at the same time it utilizes Ravenous earth to unleash from the ground a miasma of rot and desise upon them.

@Pile

The demon previously spawned by the demonshroom immidiatly move in to help Aya, some trying to stop her yeetament while other claw and slice at the flesh thingo, using demonic energy to enhance their blows.

The demonshroom itself teleport itself in front of the trajectory, making a giant momentum stopper just in case the demons aren't able to stop it themselves.

Noah was observing his rudeness.

"Maybe ice is a better option" Noah saw the action of the demonic mushroom, decided to make his own move, generating ice from behind the target after sending blasts through a portal.

@Pile

A distinct thought of wondering just why everything she encounters in this world is trying to kill her in some way flashed through Aya's mind as these experiences happened. Though strangely, she did not feel anger or hatred, she felt intrigued to some extent of the things it conveyed to her, initially at least. That swiftly changed as she was attacked..

That said, Aya does give a demonic roar in response to being rammed into, and exudes a vast omnidirectional wave of demonic energy and malice right at it as her world gets to work piecing her back together.

"I have had... quite enough of this. I. Will. Devour. You."

Malice seeps from her body and from the wounds, seemingly in an attempt to subsume the being itself. Strangely, Corrin and any others in the immediate vicinity with analysis abilities can tell that something is happening to Aya not of the creature's doing but partially of her own, as if she is beginning to gain self awareness, becoming something more that just a vessel.

@Paul_Frank

"I'm not... I don't have anything against you. The feeling isn't my own, even. You've been nothing but helpful thus far, so I have no reason to feel such a way."

She explained, still sounding a bit exasperated.

"I don't know, really. Maybe fighting you once would help me get over it, maybe not. I don't intend to try and kill you or anything, I just wanted to talk about it I suppose."

@Russia

Ewald looks briefly distracted by something, as if receiving information, but then returns to observing the creatures.

"Is that so? Very well then."

He begins to glow faintly red and enters a combat stance himself.

@deonment

A young man stands in front of the door.

"Who might you be, and why might you seek entrance? Our lady is occupied at the moment."

He states.

I saddened transform my left arm into a flamethrower and pull out some bombs. "Can I at least grab some tissue samples?" I ask knowing when several people can kill you instantly asking for forgiveness is not option.

Last edited:
"She's... becoming her own person?" Corrin raises an eyebrow as she mutters that to herself. She shrugs, though, manifesting Excalibur and turning it into a whip-sword. Her draconic wings sprout from her back and she zooms off after Aya and the thing, communicating telepathically to the rest of the party. "It appears it can no longer walk. Its legs were destroyed by our attacks earlier. Use that lack of mobility!"

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Ah, I see. So you didn't plan to try and kill me then." She repeats blankly, and then nods to herself

"Well, if you wanted to see if fighting could help out with that, I have nothing else to do for now, since the angels can help the others over in Russia if need be, but they should be fine."

"One of the names I go by is Psychis, I have come to pick up my younger brother from the realm behind you before he finds himself with permanent death and my world goes to heck, and if I were to describe him so your mistress can find him I would call him, He wears ragged clothes," and mumbles under his breath, "even though I tell him to get new ones. He usually wears a smile on his face, and he doesn't really act a lot due to being overly conscious, and for his name, he calls himself Valon Maturn. I would really appreciate it if you would bring him to me before something kills him forever."

Seeing as other people have started attacking, i start shooting the rockets at the thing too, with spikes of blood also following through.

@Pile

As Aya's wave of malice and demonic energy initially impacts the thing, it seems somehow more resilient in it's control over itself, merely tensing up at the intrusion. It's almost as though the malice itself was somehow smothered, or otherwise neutralized, with much of the demonic energy following suit. Of course, given the placement of it's hand, this results in it balling-up and crushing a not-insignificant portion of Aya's entire head, at least until it nears the recently teleported demonshroom. The thing doesn't appear to react to the sudden appearance, but quickly tosses up Aya's body in the path of the mushroom's claws, not avoiding all damage itself but creating enough of a diversion to unleash another brutal strike into Aya: aimed at her chest and breaching clear through, seemingly in spite of the repairs given to it in the intervening moments, and into the demonshroom.

However, this effectively stops the thing's momentum and appears to severely damage it's arm, judging from the new jagged bend it accrued, This results in the thing being slammed by Noah's ice blasts, throwing a great deal of the component ash off the thing and revealing some kind of heavily warped spine and muscular structure, all emitting great heat as with the wounds opened by the mushroom. This ultimately leaves the thing all but laying flat on the ground, attempting to right itself as Corrin rapidly closes the distance.

@Russia

With the initial barrage of attacks-- a great gout of black flames, a salvo of rockets, spikes of solidified blood, and strange needles of light --the creatures are initially obscured. However, after a moment many black shapes break through the field of smoke and flames, not quite the beasts themselves, at least how they were before, but what appears to be horribly mutilated portions of them being propelled forwards through small, tentacular appendages. Those with appropriate senses would be able to see that these appendages are the blood vessels of the separated limbs moving in accord to locomote. A few more intact creatures also follow, with large, mouthed appendages emerging from their new wounds, despite the fact that many are trailing most of their internal organs behind them. A few that that had their wolf-like heads destroyed or otherwise damage beyond usability seem to have extruded a much longer, slick tendril up through their through, covered in beady eyes and breaking open at various points to reveal a great many whirling maws.

Shortly thereafter, even more shapes, now relatively unharmed beasts that were apparently protected from the worst of the damage, break through in a massive horde, rushing towards the group. While less directly damage, as they travel many parts of their bodies can be seen to slough off in semi-liquid piles, presumably an effect of the miasma released from the earth. Their tread massacres the land behind them, turning up soil and breaking through what appears to be a layer of permafrost. It is of note that none of these beasts are of great speed from the group's perspective, but they certainly aren't slow either.

Last edited:
"Now can we stop trying to kill everything that looks weird or are we still trying to kill these things." I say

"They're kind of cute."

Hundreds of shadowy tendrils shoot towards the attacks and beasts coming in Elfen's direction. The tendrils branch off and start piercing and smacking the targets around. Right before contact the laws of reality are bent, so that their inertia becomes significantly smaller.

Meanwhile Elfen casts Disintegration, targeting a large group of enemies who are a safe distance away from any allies. Normally Disintegration has a long casting period, but Elfen didn't even have to chant. As soon as Elfen wished it, a magic circle appeared beneath the beasts' feet and several more above them right after. These circles were connected through chains that held its victims inside. Then an immensely powerful holy beam of spirit particles shoots down from above to erase everything inside.

[Charge Used]

"Really? I think they are disgusting."

Upon saying that, i expand my biomass to significant degrees towards the directions of the pests, atempting to cover them in a sticky, disgusting mass of flesh that starts to rapidly inflate. Miles upon miles of land are covered in flesh and fat, that rapidly explode into a ocean of parasitic blood, searching for the wolves's bodies.

Dieman steels themselves for battle, prepared to shank whatever comes close...

.... Until he swiftly realizes things aren't going to get anywhere near him due to the combine efforts of the two near him.

"A"

Dieman awkwardly stands there.

Back