• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 3: Fun Guy Edition (Game Thread)

"Not sure, something interesting you can do, the bigger or more numerous the thing or things you give, the bigger or more numerous mine will be."

@Hl3_or_bust

"Is remembering the future another of your abilities? Relative to you as you are now, those events never even really happened."

She asked, sounding curious.

"Nature spirit, that's what I was told at least. He also said you couldn't die, but we did prove that false at the very least. Why exactly would a spirit of nature want to annihilate the entire surface of a world, leaving behind no nature, no life, no anything for that matter? Are you related to whatever force brought us here, or are you one of us yourself?"

@Paul_Frank and @Yobo_Blue

"Right, well, I suppose the most interesting thing here to see would be these."

Aleia pointed to a neatly arranged area containing various odd looking weapons.

"These are Devil Arms, some of the demons here can take on that form and be used as weapons by others. I keep a few in store for when they're needed for whatever reason. Others could turn into them too though. I could probably make one of my own if I wanted, actually."

She explained.

"Oh also, I can answer one more thing about the book for you. The book and this place are the same type of thing."

She stated, being vague.

"Now, would you like to see the weapons closer or should I move on to the next place?"

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"I'm already giving someone else a tour actually, so I could have you join them if you'd like."

She suggested.

"Your new home, yes, I suppose that works as a description for it."

@Hl3_or_bust

"Fascinating. But in the end that accomplished the exact opposite of driving us away. Now I must enter this building. Vie, you can handle them. I'll be going inside." the shadow shakes its head and starts walking towards the base.

"Yes sir." Vie states as heat begins radiating from her and she grabs her needle.

After seeing the light and receiving power, I am sitting at the bench munching some snack, pondering

'My power came back...but not the "perceive all creation" part...'

Which mean there're something I shouldn't know about...something that just goes beyond my current capability at all cost?

"Interesting indeed...but not entirely relevant to my current problem."

Namely: I'm so bored right now, yet everyone around me is a featherless chicken.

"Well, at least I know how to solve it...let see..."

Casually with a wave of my hand, I spark lightning, infuse with my will, all around me, and turning them into myriad of beast, large and small.

"Well, you know my will. Now go."

Receiving my command, all of them turn into lightning, and fly into the sky, spreading out at all angle around me to find something interesting for me to look at.

'Preferably, I want to look at some big scary monster...It will be fun.' I thought, still munching

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Huehuehue...I wonder if..

“Say...Perhaps I can change the form of the sword into something mo-more..”

Am I really going to do this?! I mean those fables were beyond appropriate in my earlier years...but I wish for something to keep me company. I’ve always dreamed about those women one day rushing into my arms after death! Holding me and saying they love me! I loved them. They were there for me-ASK HER!

“...suitable shapes?”

@Paul_Frank and @Yobo_Blue

Aleia proceeds to bring them closer to the weapons. They can see various swords, gauntlets, scythes, spears and other kinds of weapons, they seem clearly demonic in origin and feel like they have souls of their own.

"It seems another person may want to join the tour also."

She then noted.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Aya seems ready to take him to the others for the tour, and then hears what he says.

"I... suppose? I guess I could grant it the ability to take on a more human looking form, if that's what you'd like. It's likely to choose to remain as a weapon in combat though, at the very least."

Aya seems to vaguely wave her hand in the general direction of the demonic weapon, it doesn't change now, but Ernest feels like it can take on another form.

“O-Oh of course! No pressure.”

YOU ARE UNDER MY COMMAND SWORD. CHANNNNNNNNNGE. CHANNNNNNGE! Brrr....

...I should really stop. One time was enough and it seems...they don’t like it. Hmph!

“Thank you! I-I..uh I-”

Huehuehue...still nice to have as an option.

“..I’d like to continue with the tour now!”

Wonder who else is wandering around this palace...Argh! It could be the one who wants to beat me into the dirt! W-Wait...maybe not! Maybe we can reason with each other! Yeah...sounds right.

@CrimsonStarFallen @DMUA

Matricardo's Mandelbrot Set of an appendage predictably mulches the door and whatever was on the other side, cleaving through the outer wall and a great distance of stone and earth, leaving little more than thin wood pulp and a meaty residue not unlike the "blood" that leaks from a rare steak.

However, the two's attempts to dodge the strange projectiles did not go entirely to plan. While Dieman was able to avoid it rather easily by leveraging his unusual state of being, Matricardo's measures, those being changing the state of matter that various targeting areas occupied, don't result in much, as it seems these attacks are a more spiritual thing than physical. As they seem to splash against him, shredding through the organic matter of his body and leaving unusually clean holes, Matricardo feels... nothing. Of course, his sixth sense triggered in response to the sight of the attacks themselves, but it's as though the damage they caused slipped cleanly under that sense, to the point that it feels difficult to truly call it violent.

Somewhat relatedly, Matricardo's senses register for just outside of the building, showing that a fight is brewing.

@Lou_change

Lou's searches come up with quite a bit, such as the full symptom and lethality listings of various more-known poisons, such things of substances not even known to most of the public, or even laboratory-made poisons that are appropriately extremely lethal.

@Oliver_de_jesus @Listentomyrhytm

Noah and Giju do eventually find some apparently unaffected people: soldiers, judging from their body-suit being the same as the ones seen by the two, attempting to corralle people to prevent further accidents and deal with the dead. A few can be seen examining the eyes of the affected, trying to determine exactly how bad the damage is.

@Overlord775

The mushroom's efforts seem to have proven themselves. In the half-mile wide scorched plane left by Apocalypse, while there isn't exactly a body, it's clear that whatever was harassing the area is either gone or... well, more very literally gone.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The think smirks.

"Do you really believe that nature is just the fleshy and chitinous and membranous things that crawl and walk and swim upon the earth? No, it's far greater than just that, or this damp rock, or anything you have ever known. Even if you had completely failed the contain that retribution, invisible bacteria and microorganisms and the larger things at the very bottom of the deepest reaches of the oceans would've survived. It would take less than a billion years for another civilization like humanity to evolve again, in the blink of an eye to any cosmic sense of time.

"After all, I've done it before, and seen the results."

It seems to have intentionally ignored the first question.

"And of course, you consider me dead because you turned one of my vessels into a selection of atoms ejected into the upper atmosphere, when you yourself recreated that same vessel to speak with you know. It's only natural that the irony would be lost on you, and that you wouldn't be creative enough to kill a vessel without some absurd fanfare that immediately turns upon you."

@WHYNAUT

"Unfortunate."

The suited man remarks, not moving much as the armored man seems to take some sort of stance.

But then, a low rumbling can be felt coming from below, seeming to distract the two momentarily.

@Andykhang

Of the few lightning-beasts that head north, one comes across a town in a state of considerable distress, accompanied by several large plumes of smoke. However, near a park being used by lots of black-suited men, they can see a woman with open. metallic entrails and a man about to receive a cease and desist order from the 80s.

Last edited:
@The_Divine_Phoenix

"That's fine with me" Serafall begins, as she inspects the weapons more closely

"it gives me the chance to meet more people since I didn't do that previously, I suppose."

Sam didn't get much physically but she might be able to create a super poison with time and furnish her home a bit. Her internet search was insanely effective she recalls having a hard time finding more to learn before she ended up here but she knows she didn't have this knowledge before this is one of the few events that made them feel good since she came here.

Is he dead? It's normally never that easy... but i maybe don't want to find out. Still, what the hell was that he shot me with? I can't heal it, not easily at least.

Using Life magic, i create chunks of meat out of thin air, applying it into the gaping holes and having them fill the spots. It's not perfect, but it should work for a bit until i fully regenerate.

Using my widened senses, i try to see if any high tech computers are around the base.

“Hoh, interesting stuff already show up. That’s pretty fast.”

I then let my lightning crow going near them, circling around a bit, before landing on a nearby branch. Letting my voice through the crow, I ask

“Ho, so what interesting thing happen here?”

"That... Seems sudden."

Dieman stays alert, looking around the place in what you feel like should be considered a battle stance.

@Hl3_or_bust
Giju sheathes her sword, as she slowly approaches the soldiers, trying to prove she doesn't mean harm. She wants to see closer what else had happened... and if it meant getting closer, she would do so.

@Hl3_or_bust
He also came over to start a conversation, he wanted to know the number of wounds and to see if he could help.

"Hello, sir, I wanted to ask you what is the number of dead and wounds if you allow me that information" the mutant said

@Hl3_or_bust

With the treat checked off the list of concerns, the mushroom returns to it's layer.

After, it starts working on some stuff, like making a giant portal to connect the Abyss to Hell (MC) and retool the techonogy found by it's minions into something usable.

Meanwhile, since the expansion in the mainland has slow to a crawl, a Gargant is sent out to break the stalemate with sheer flexing.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The demon goddess would notice an object popping in it's domain, a piece of paper.

@Paul_Frank

One of the angels roaming the USA would notice a satyr approch it's location.

Last edited:
@ThisThingisReallyBroken

Ernest's efforts seem to not do anything right now, it seems the demon may be resting at the moment.

"Let us go, then."

She answered, taking him there.

@All three

Ernest appears in the vault, though Aya doesn't come with him. This would, as it happens, also be Ernest's first time seeing the real Aleia in person, something she doesn't fully realize in time and looks vaguely embarrassed by.

"R-right. Here we are, these are the other Devil Arms, you can look at them since you just got here and this is the vault area, but we can also head out. Oh and these two are Serafall, another guest, and Phaunelia, my twin sister."

She hurriedly says.

@Hl3_or_bust

"Life seeks to preserve itself, at least the one in the world I once lived in did, I do not think it unusual to expect that a manifestation of nature would be the same, seeking to preserve life rather than restart it through annihilation."

She pointed out.

"And a vessel, you say?"

She gives a noticeable laugh in response to this.

"For all your posturing of superiority, you're just the same as me, then. Hiding behind false bodies and avatars as you say, with a true consciousness somewhere else entirely, yet you don't even seem to give your own the luxury of a separate sentience, like I often do. My power and yours are a lot less different than you think. What are the demons I create if not another form of existence, albeit an entirely different one? Even our natures aren't all that different. You, an incarnation of nature, and me, an incarnation of ancient malice and demonic forces. Yet you spoke as only you have the right to exist in this manner?"

"But what exactly is the point to all of this? Your purpose. Wouldn't that cycle eventually continue without you interfering anyway? Evolution, natural means of devastation through the unpredictability of existence, and then evolution anew. Or is this because of some view that the lifeforms here are "breaking" the natural order, or some such?"

@Overlord775

The paper gets let in and is shunted to a special room that seems to be for storing messages. A demon goes to look at it and read whatever it says.

Ahem...N-N-Nice to meet all of you!”

Wow! Stop looking. Stopstopstopstop. I mean were there women like this in our world?! P-Probably...I mean not to demean them of course they could be horrible people underneath those...robes. What am I talking about?! Generalizing people like that? I am this awful of a person?!

“Devil arms...”

Ugh...it is like the sun! Don’t stare for too long or you’ll get..er..burn- STOP! FLEX THE BLOOD FLOW AWAY! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

“argh...”

I have to leave! These people will kill me if they look at me! The one time I’m absolutely snug and grateful for this armor!

“Name?!”

NAME?! What name?! I don’t even have a name I-STOP. Look stoic...and away from those “robes”. Preferably at the ceiling! Truly a remarkable castle! Oh and her question...

“E-Ernest...Ernest Hemingway.”

Mother couldn’t have given me a worse name! Now that I look at it, it’s the first time I’ve ever seen a woman this way. Thirty years of walking around and butchering others...****. What have I been doing with my life? No matter, I couldn’t do anything anyways. Everyone knew who I was...that and I had no money for prostitutes.

“Name?!”

NAME?! What name?! I don’t even have a name I-STOP. Look stoic...and away from those “robes”. Preferably at the ceiling! Truly a remarkable castle! Oh and her question...

“E-Ernest...Ernest Hemingway.”

Mother couldn’t have given me a worse name. Now that I look at it, it’s the first time I’ve ever seen a woman this way. Thirty years of walking around and butchering others...****. What have I been doing with my life? No matter, I couldn’t do anything anyways. Everyone knew who I was...that and I had no money for prostitutes.
“Are you ok?”

“Of course...when you live the life I live you would too! Y-You know...for booby traps and the like..”

That word sounds a little funny. Oh no! Did I just say something stupid?!

“Of course...when you live the life I live you would too! Y-You know...for booby traps and the like..”

That word sounds a little funny. Oh no! Did I just say something stupid?!
“I can assure you there are.... probably no booby traps in my sisters territory, and most certainly not any on my person.”

“I...was just making sure. Y-You wouldn’t believe has been done to me for most of my life! Can never be to careful!

There we go. A decent explanation...I ESCAPE AGAIN! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! YES! You can never catch me...NEVER!

@Paul_Frank

“O-Oh! I didn’t notice you! The devil arms were quite distracting...”

Strange...those wings. Impossible! Is she an angel?!

“Say...you wouldn’t have happened to fall from heaven,would you?”

Hehehe.
God that was an awful one.

@Palace

"There are no such things in my palace. Unless you want there to be, I guess."

Aleia looked a bit surprised, yet at the same time... not.

"Well, I'm Aleia, I hadn't actually told you my own real name either I think. Now you've seen how I really look."

She answered, she internally wondered if this was how he really was beneath all of that from before.

Phaunelia just watched him stumble over his words

”oh well, I assume he’s just flustered from the change of scenery”

Phaunelia just watched him stumble over his words

”oh well, I assume he’s just flustered from the change of scenery”
“Well...cough...the devil arms are quite strange. Yes.”

GYAAAAAAH! MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STO-no. They don’t know. Impossible! I am wearing a suit of metal! Just don’t do anything else.

@Paul_Frank

“Phew...Well you look like an angel.”

WAIT NO.

“I-I meant in a literal sense! Not that you aren’t pretty of course! You just look...familiar to what was written on the walls of..”

Not going to bring it up. That place doesn’t deserve to be given form here.

“F-Forget it. Forgive me for asking!”

"Well, I'm Aleia, I hadn't actually told you my own real name either I think. Now you've seen how I really look."
“Y-Yes of course! It’s good to make your ac-acquaintance.”

Thank god she didn’t show up to me this way. I would’ve died back there!

Phaun keeps looking at him become flustered

I seriously wonder what’s up with him. Perhaps I can check with some Divination magic?

Phaunelia mutters a incantation to discern why

@Palace

Aleia approached Ernest and stared at him rather closely, leaning in a bit.

"You look nervous. Is something wrong?"

She thought it better to ask than read his mind for this.

Back