• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternals discussion thread

Stated to be fluid, shown to be fluid, and only became solid when struck by lightning from Thor or used as an attack by Malekith.

Debatable

Why are either our assumptions relevant in anyway shape or form then?

Can you give an example then of it passively forming into whatever is needed?
When was it stated to just be Fluid? Arguably

Because we are debating and we are using official sources to back up are claims

It reforming after being blown up by Thor or small enough to fit into rockets syringe thing

When was it stated to just be Fluid? Arguably

Because we are debating and we are using official sources to back up are claims

It reforming after being blown up by Thor or small enough to fit into rockets syringe thing
I ain't watching Dark World again or its scenes cuz honestly can't sit through it and wouldn't remember the scenes anyway given how much I've repressed it in my mind though in Endgame, Thor does call it an "angry sludge"

I ain't watching Dark World again or its scenes cuz honestly can't sit through it and wouldn't remember the scenes anyway given how much I've repressed it in my mind though in Endgame, Thor does call it an "angry sludge"
Ok I mean that’s kind of an oversimplification on his part but even then that still doesn’t change the fact Thor crystallized it into pieces

Odin in Thor the Dark World (1:15)

Thor in Avengers Endgame

He also says it’s “ever changing” which would imply it’s not always fully liquid

I don’t think a seemly drunk and depressed Thor is the best source of info

"crystallized it into pieces"

Which would have been impressive if the Ether was one solid uniform mass instead of a fluid-like mass.
It would be regardless since it’s an infinity stone

Not when it's still functioning, and before you say it regenerates, it doesn't because Malekith can control it and just turned it back into a fluid from being crystal.

All Thor ever did was change it's physical properties from fluid to solid, the same thing Thanos was able to do.
Um no it still is, the fact he could reduce it to that state and even damage it is impressive.

if Thor actually did what thanos did then he wouldn’t have had to waste his lighting on the ether

Do you think it could be another inconsistency with his cosmic beams, as we see they can't even feel a tree when he tries going after Kro?

Another thing of note is that his punches do seem to be stronger than his cosmic beams, as we see Thena's shields can tank the beams, but not the punches. This can also partially be seen in the opening fight, with his beams doing either no damage or just some damage, while his first punch sends the Deviant running, and his last punch maiming and killing it. Then again, both punches are aerial assisted.

Last edited:
Looks like we can maybe use revan planet destruction feat
8225342-1500049126-unkno.png

No he wasn't. You know what's power enough to happen several light years away yet get detected on Earth? Something supernova level
Oh, I actually agree that Thanos should scale to it. But I'm just saying that some people think the surge shown in the gauntlet is a sign that he's being amped. Which would make sense, the energy is literally going all throughout his body, which implies he's gaining that energy. But yeah, the Snap should be vastly stronger than just 5 Gigatons that we...for some reason use on this wiki.

Oh, I actually agree that Thanos should scale to it. But I'm just saying that some people think the surge shown in the gauntlet is a sign that he's being amped. Which would make sense, the energy is literally going all throughout his body, which implies he's gaining that energy. But yeah, the Snap should be vastly stronger than just 5 Gigatons that we...for some reason use on this wiki.
Bruh no it doesn't the same thing literally happened with Tony and Hulk and we saw that that energy is damaging it literally starts severely damaging tony before he even snaps they aren't being amped at all

That's just blatant wank you're going for im all for getting bigger feats that work sensibly in scaling but Thanos does not scale to the stones nor does he amp his physical durability with them

That's just blatant wank you're going for im all for getting bigger feats that work sensibly in scaling but Thanos does not scale to the stones nor does he amp his physical durability with them
Uh, I'm confused. What are you trying to tell me. I never said he scales to the stones, I actually said the opposite by saying he gets amped by them. Also, we know ultron in possession with all the stones amps himself. So it's not "wank" to say that Thanos would do the same. It's not fishing for feats, I'm not arguing for anything. I'm literally just explaining what I think happened, you're being incredibly aggressive about and I don't understand why?

Uh, I'm confused. What are you trying to tell me. I never said he scales to the stones, I actually said the opposite by saying he gets amped by them. Also, we know ultron in possession with all the stones amps himself. So it's not "wank" to say that Thanos would do the same. It's not fishing for feats, I'm not arguing for anything. I'm literally just explaining what I think happened, you're being incredibly aggressive about and I don't understand why?
Just assuming outright that Thanos buffs himself with the stones is definitely wank and if he's buffing himself that's a form a of scaling with the stones which isn't the case , Ultron isn't a good example at all since we see he literally builds a new body with the reality stone that could be as strong as he wanted just assuming Thanos is doing the same and amping himself like that would definitely lead to some scaling problems and nah I'm not being aggressive I'm explaining that going about that logic would simply be flawed and end up as feat fishing and wank since there's no indications that he'd do so or did

I agree the 6-C rating he's currently at is a lot lower than it should be, but nowhere near that kinda level
Agreed
But like, Ultron has shown himself doing so. Thanos has shown himself getting crippled
And that's what I'm saying if anything we know Thanos isn't boosting his own durability w the stones and that the energy coursing through him is damaging

Just assuming outright that Thanos buffs himself with the stones is definitely wank and if he's buffing himself that's a form a of scaling with the stones which isn't the case , Ultron isn't a good example at all since we see he literally builds a new body with the reality stone that could be as strong as he wanted just assuming Thanos is doing the same and amping himself like that would definitely lead to some scaling problems and nah I'm not being aggressive I'm explaining that going about that logic would simply be flawed and end up as feat fishing and wank since there's no indications that he'd do so or did
Saying it's feat fishing and wank for me literally just giving my opinion seems pretty aggressive to me. What scaling problems would it cause, it would literally only scale to Thanos and maybe Stormbreaker Thor, literally the strongest version of the character that's only shown in 1 movie. And what feats am I fishing for exactly, like please tell me, I genuinely don't get what you're trying to say.

Agreed
And that's what I'm saying if anything we know Thanos isn't boosting his own durability w the stones and that the energy coursing through him is damaging
I agree that the energy is damaging him, this is why I'm confused at your response. The power surge damaging their body shows that it shouldn't scale to Thanos. This started because someone said that Thanos survived the snap, I'm saying that it shouldn't scale to his natural durability.

Saying it's feat fishing and wank for me literally just giving my opinion seems pretty aggressive to me. What scaling problems would it cause, it would literally only scale to Thanos and maybe Stormbreaker Thor, literally the strongest version of the character that's only shown in 1 movie. And what feats am I fishing for exactly, like please tell me, I genuinely don't get what you're trying to say.
Yeah no if Thanos is amping his durability with the stones it wouldn't only scale to him and Endgame Thor is stronger than Infinity War Thor so then it'd scale to the endgame version as well

I agree that the energy is damaging him, this is why I'm confused at your response.
I actually agree that Thanos should scale to it
Confused then what's this??? Revan's literally telling you he doesn't scale naturally or with the gauntlet. You brought up Thanos being amped like 3 or 4 times so I fail to see how I'm misinterpreting your words

Confused then what's this??? Revah's literally telling you he doesn't scale naturally or with the gauntlet. You brought up Thanos being amped like 3 or 4 times so I fail to see how I'm misinterpreting your words
I'm trying to say that this started with someone saying that Thanos survived the snap. I'm saying that it doesn't scale to his natural durability. I'm trying to say that the power surge is damaging Thanos because of the energy overloading his body. That's why he survived the snap. Not that he's directly amping himself, I probably worded it wrong so I apologize for that. That's not me arguing for anything that's just how I think he survived the snap. Because if he just survived it due to his natural durability, then that would cause more scaling issues than if he was simply amping himself. Also no, Infinity war is stronger. Endgame Thor was barely keeping up with Thanos with no gauntlet. The Russo Brothers word doesn't mean anything at this point. I believe they also said Engame Thor can't survive the snap but IW Thor could. It's also implied throughout the movie that Thor is simply weaker than he was before. Logically speaking, he let himself go, hasn't trained in 5 years, even with Mjolnir there's no reason to believe would be stronger than his IW self.

I'm trying to say that this started with someone saying that Thanos survived the snap. I'm saying that it doesn't scale to his natural durability. I'm trying to say that the power surge is damaging Thanos because of the energy overloading his body. That's why he survived the snap. Not that he's directly amping himself, I probably worded it wrong so I apologize for that. That's not me arguing for anything that's just how I think he survived the snap. Because if he just survived it due to his natural durability, then that would cause more scaling issues than if he was simply amping himself. Also no, Infinity war is stronger. Endgame Thor was barely keeping up with Thanos with no gauntlet. The Russo Brothers word doesn't mean anything at this point. I believe they also said Engame Thor can't survive the snap but IW Thor could. It's also implied throughout the movie that Thor is simply weaker than he was before. Logically speaking, he let himself go, hasn't trained in 5 years, even with Mjolnir there's no reason to believe would be stronger than his IW self.
Okay I get what you're saying now and the Russo's themselves actually state that Thor is at his strongest in Endgame he also performs better than he does in infinity war in Thor was literally blitzed by Thanos on the asguardian ship and states that he's never seen anyone move as fast as Thanos was moving in his life and he's beaten pretty casually Thor in endgame despite his size has better feats, the Russo's statement, and actually can keep up with and perceive Thanos this time around without being blitzed.

We have endgame Thor as stronger on here anyway due to a lot of facts that line up with, show, and outright state from WoG that he's stronger and technically speaking as well for the fact that he could fight Thanos in endgame is a better speed feat for him too🤷‍♀️

We have endgame Thor as stronger on here anyway due to a lot of facts that line up with, show, and outright state from WoG that he's stronger and technically speaking as well for the fact that he could fight Thanos in endgame is a better speed feat for him too🤷‍♀️
Thank you for understanding what I was trying to say, again sorry. Should've worded it better. Also I think there's more confusion, I'm not saying Endgame Thor is weaker than Awakened Thor, just Stormbreaker IW Thor. Stormbreaker clearly amps Thor in IW, to a point where he cuts through an IG Blast and Mortally wounds Thanos. So I put Endgame Thor below IW Strombreaker Thor, bit above his awakened self.

Thank you for understanding what I was trying to say, again sorry. Should've worded it better. Also I think there's more confusion, I'm not saying Endgame Thor is weaker than Awakened Thor, just Stormbreaker IW Thor. Stormbreaker clearly amps Thor in IW, to a point where he cuts through an IG Blast and Mortally wounds Thanos. So I put Endgame Thor below IW Strombreaker Thor, bit above his awakened self.
oh no I get that but stormbreaker doesn't buff thor it has anti-gauntlet hax basically its stated to be a weapon made specifcally to counter the gauntlet so its no actually like better ap and doesnt make thor stronger it just performs good against the gauntlet due to its properties

Back