• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternals discussion thread

Nah that's how they survived before recall Ikaris was going to allow the emergence to happen on his own, he himself doesn't have the orb to perform the Uni-Mind so I doubt he was considering that an option and he also wanted to continue the work of the Celestial's on his own so he planned on surviving the blast so it's not necessarily for the other Eternals. Plus the calc'd value for Ikaris surviving is consistent with his showings and only comes out to 6-B
Wait really? The calc isn’t bullshit and works in context? Nice. Thought it didn’t lol

Yeah. No. That’s jumping to assumptions. We know that he was gonna let it happen, we know that Ikaris knew of the method of survival as he had been told everything, he said he’d see the other eternals in the next planet or if not he was gonna kill them himself.

We never get him saying “Oh will survive this entirely on my own, just stand here as the planet explodes” as there are many possible solutions. One including that he’d just fly away, given that he is clearly fast enough to do so.

Large Island level doesn’t justify Country level off assumptions.

Yeah. No. That’s jumping to assumptions. We know that he was gonna let it happen, we know that Ikaris knew of the method of survival as he had been told everything, he said he’d see the other eternals in the next planet or if not he was gonna kill them himself.

We never get him saying “Oh will survive this entirely on my own, just stand here as the planet explodes” as there are many possible solutions. One including that he’d just fly away, given that he is clearly fast enough to do so.

Large Island level doesn’t justify Country level off assumptions.
Eh I agree and disagree he knew the truth of their mission and about the memory wiping however even looking at Ikaris in the film I'm very positive he didn't know that's how they survived planetary explosions before with the celestial link(considering they only found out post Uni-Mind) and he really only saw the orb as a means to communicate with Arishem and was pissed because he wanted it as a mark to show he's the leader that's really all there is there. He didn't get the orb but decided **** it anyways since we clearly saw he was just going to see the emergence through

Yeah I suppose. Although if we take the implication that he said he’d survive he also said they’d survive. I don’t think this is reliable in this case since again, we don’t know the details of what he was planning on doing or if he was even sure.

But that aside, I went to get the clips for more precise timing and the cloud parting by Ikaris takes 4.30 seconds, not two. Since when we already zoom out the clouds had already been parted halfway through and it was since the moment he disappeared from the view 4.30 seconds.

I guess that would lower the result into the Island ranges which is where Thanos and the rest of the high tiers rest but not basline. Which is consistent for the verse.

Yeah I suppose. Although if we take the implication that he said he’d survive he also said they’d survive. I don’t think this is reliable in this case since again, we don’t know the details of what he was planning on doing or if he was even sure.

But that aside, I went to get the clips for more precise timing and the cloud parting by Ikaris takes 4.30 seconds, not two. Since when we already zoom out the clouds had already been parted halfway through and it was since the moment he disappeared from the view 4.30 seconds.

I guess that would lower the result into the Island ranges which is where Thanos and the rest of the high tiers rest but not basline. Which is consistent for the verse.
I could edit that into the calc tomorrow since right now I’m on mobile and about to go to sleep and I don’t want to edit on mobile since it sucks

True that's fair enough you could assume that's because they have the ship and could survive by fleeing but that's just an entirely different level of assumptions that I'm not even going to try and get into

Rip I suppose we'll just have to see the results of the calc

Im not saying they’d do one or the other. I’m saying that we don’t have enough information to actually make a claim. There’s always just the option of not knowing enough to make a claim.

Well, it can be adjusted pretty easily. The timeframe is 2.15 times slower so the clouds just as many times slower and KE is V^2 so 4.6225 weaker

8.0444162e+20 J/4.6225= 1.740273921038e20 Joules (41.5935 Gigatons of TNT)

Im not saying they’d do one or the other. I’m saying that we don’t have enough information to actually make a claim. There’s always just the option of not knowing enough to make a claim.

Well, it can be adjusted pretty easily. The timeframe is 2.15 times slower so the clouds just as many times slower and KE is V^2 so 4.6225 weaker

Island level. That's neatly consistent

Oh ik that's what I was saying it'd simply just be up to assumptions of what they could do to survive based off the limited Information we'd have which isn't helpful at all

That's good it's still consistent

Two other things before I forget from recently watching it.

any of the other eternas actually scale to this? Despite all of them being powered by the same cosmic energy it was being used to fuel different things. Speed, mind control, transmutation, ect… and Ikaris was pretty much only getting stunned by the combos.

I’d only think Thena’s weapons, the charged blasts from the other guy and Gilgamesh scale to Ikaris. For the others Druig surviving the blast near the end would probably be good.

& The Eternals probably have mind manipulation resistance considering Druig couldn’t just stop Ikaris on the spot even when their lives depended on it.

any of the other eternas actually scale to this? Despite all of them being powered by the same cosmic energy it was being used to fuel different things. Speed, mind control, transmutation, ect… and Ikaris was pretty much only getting stunned by the combos.

I’d only think Thena’s weapons, the charged blasts from the other guy and Gilgamesh scale to Ikaris.
The fighters should downscale somewhat to Icarus and his casual feats since it's been stated multiple times he solos the team so that'd work
I’d only think Thena’s weapons, the charged blasts from the other guy and Gilgamesh scale to Ikaris. For the others Druig surviving the blast near the end would probably be good.
And this probably could work but you could also argue he only survived it because he already absorbed a bit of energy from the incomplete Uni-Mind

The fighters should downscale somewhat to Icarus and his casual feats since it's been stated multiple times he solos the team so that'd work
And this probably could work but you could also argue he only survived it because he already absorbed a bit of energy from the incomplete Uni-Mind
Thena, Sersi, Druig, Phastos, and Makkari were amped against Ikaris, as the bracelets shut down their regenerative abilities, causing their bodies to accumulate more cosmic energy.

Thought the bracelets were inactive after Ikaris lasered Druig. Because I swear Gilgamesh is supposed to be the physically strongest out of them and Then was still a danger if se ever went mad and he could not calm her. But if that is the case I guess it can be noted on the profiles? Not sure what they'd be otherwise.

Makkari´s KE seems like it'd the usable under ¨As such feats like just running or carrying a small object, like another character, should only be used if the fiction has made clear that the speed of the movement correlates to the character's power¨

Oh pls, pls for the love god this would scale to Thanos so he's not gonna be a baseline anymore

No more baseline Thanos

No more baseline Thanos
lets-go-the-rock.gif

Yeah, watching the movie again, Celestials only create Stars. One thing has been bugging me and that’s how we treat the scene that “Looks” like they’re creating Galaxies. Stars are created from a collection of Dust and Hydrogen being compressed until Nuclear Fusion Kicks in. The scenes that look like “Galaxies” being created are equally as valid for just Star creation. Arishem himself states:

“Our universe is a constant exchange of energy. An infinite cycle of creation and destruction. Celestials use energy gathered from host planets to create suns, generating gravity, heat and light for new Galaxies to Form. Without us, our Universe will Fall into Darkness.”

Even in other material, it states the Celestials Created the “Building Blocks” for Life which, everyone commonly knows as Gravity being the Corner Stone and the Opening Crawl in Eternals states Arishem created the first Sun, which leads to the creation of everything in existence but its via chain reaction.

First Sun introduces Gravity > Gravity Causes more Stars to Form > Planets and Solar Systems are created from the gravity of Stars > Life is possible in Goldie Lock Zones where heat and is just right to allow for Water to form (Not necessarily the case across fiction), etc etc.

I think only Arishem should “Possibly” Scale to the Big Bang but that’s it.

Yeah, watching the movie again, Celestials only create Stars. One thing has been bugging me and that’s how we treat the scene that “Looks” like they’re creating Galaxies. Stars are created from a collection of Dust and Hydrogen being compressed until Nuclear Fusion Kicks in. The scenes that look like “Galaxies” being created are equally as valid for just Star creation. Arishem himself states:

“Our universe is a constant exchange of energy. An infinite cycle of creation and destruction. Celestials use energy gathered from host planets to create suns, generating gravity, heat and light for new Galaxies to Form. Without us, our Universe will Fall into Darkness.”

Even in other material, it states the Celestials Created the “Building Blocks” for Life which, everyone commonly knows as Gravity being the Corner Stone and the Opening Crawl in Eternals states Arishem created the first Sun, which leads to the creation of everything in existence but its via chain reaction.

First Sun introduces Gravity > Gravity Causes more Stars to Form > Planets and Solar Systems are created from the gravity of Stars > Life is possible in Goldie Lock Zones where heat and is just right to allow for Water to form (Not necessarily the case across fiction), etc etc.

I think only Arishem should “Possibly” Scale to the Big Bang but that’s it.
Those are the exact statements so I think those work best for now so either 4-C possibly higher could work

If they created the stars of the universe then that would account for the largest ones too, so At least High 4-C, possibly (scale to big bang).

Does this scale to Ego and Peter Quill?

Although, I've been wondering why Celestials used the power stone for stuff like destroying Planets. I'm pretty sure the power stone would scale above them.

Does this scale to Ego and Peter Quill?

Although, I've been wondering why Celestials used the power stone for stuff like destroying Planets. I'm pretty sure the power stone would scale above them.
No and I hope I don't sound rude but we've already explicitly talked about this and that's only been shown with Eson he himself is the smallest celestial we've seen

I really wished they explained “How” Human Population Allows for Celestial’s to grow. Green House Gasses? Does intelligent Life physiology produce a certain energy that seeps into the planet? Are the Celestials that are born based on the quality of said Intelligent Life? Etc etc.

It bugs me when things are, “Just Because”…

I really wished they explained “How” Human Population Allows for Celestial’s to grow. Green House Gasses? Does intelligent Life physiology produce a certain energy that seeps into the planet? Are the Celestials that are born based on the quality of said Intelligent Life? Etc etc.

It bugs me when things are, “Just Because”…
Correction...
images

Back