• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternal Champion vs Marie Korbel

Nice one. ^.^

Okay so......Eternal has passive invis and silence, that's gonna be a problem for Marie. He can also Stat amp and Stat reduce. Both have forcefields and flight. Eternal has attack reflection and silence can probably negate some of Marie's hax such as Necromancy. Marie does have power absorb in her favour though but am not sure if it can work.

I'd say I'm going to lean on Eternal taking this imo, taking this with a 6.5/10 majority. His invis and power null and stat control will allow him to control the fight much better than Marie can.

Marie's necromancy involves creating an army of undead several thousand strong, and she can create explosive skeletons dirwctly under her opponent to bypass attack reflection, and in fact does so exclusively to prevent attack reflection users in game from abusing said ability

Still got a lot to say, most of which will directly debunk the reasoning for Eternal Champion

The Eternal Champion always starts invisible and he has paralysis with a look, as well as shields, that are like a bubble around him, which should protect him against the explosions.

Invisibility really won't do much against spammed Danmaku

Marie is almost 2x stronger than him, his bubble shield won't really help much on top of Marie having attacks that can bypass forcefields

Marie also has things that fight independent of herself, most notably her animated shadow

Well danmaku will hinder her a lot more since all of it is going to reflected back at her. And multiple opponents aren't that big of a deal since the Champion has some decent AoE, as well as Silence and Paralyze.

At which she just uses tk to reflect them back

Multiple as in tens of thousands of undead soldiers nearly as strong as herself, how is he going to deal with that exactly?

Again, paralysis won't help much as Marie can attack using her remote controlled teleporting shadow

How is she using magic if she isn't using magic?

That sounds like a lot of skeletons.

And it's going to be hard for her to fight or defend herself if she is immobilized.

Because she doesn't use magic?

Yes, it is, a massive army of skeletons that are just below herself in power and capable of harming people that can harm and kill her

8-A Forcefields, skeletons taking hits for her, and a living shadow that can fight independently of her mean it really wont be hard for her to protect herself

Just wondering; how did any of the haxless Skullgirls characters like Filia Medici win if Marie summoned thousands of 8-A skeletons in their fight, also I've played Skullgirls and I never remembered her doing that during her boss fight.

I'm confused, her profile says she uses magic, all of her attacks certanly sound like they are using magic (necromancy, a living shadow, etc), so how come she isn't using magic?

The Champions's wards also scale quite a bit above his durability as well.

@Ogbun Because shes never once stated or shown to use magic? Not all abilities that SOUND like magic automatically are.

Neat, forcefield bypassing attacks say no to them

@Keeweed The attack on the medici tower, the uprooting of the catacombs of the Grand Cathedral, etc.

Well that's contradictory with what's said on her profile, if it's wrong it should probably be removed.

I meant to say when Marie fought the characters (like Filia) did she use thousands of skeletons. I mean maybe it's plot induced stupidity, but someone as haxless as Filia Medici wining against over a thousand opponents at once and that not being mentioned under her intelligence section seems off.

If it is in character for Marie to summon thousands of skeletons then this maybe a stomp unless someone can think of a way any character can get past literally ten thousand opponents (that are slightly stronger) at once without hax as Marie ignores all of it but curses.

Just wanna say Eternal can still at least amp his stats, as well as attack reflection and tk. So it's not like he is a sitting duck.

Back