• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(1-5-9) Jevil vs Undyne the Undying

Yep, doing this after the 8-C upgrades.
  • Initial distance is of 25 meters.
  • Undyne the Undying is used.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Battle theme (kinda an obvious choice here, but is the reason why I made this).
product_DR_world_revolving_shirt_designview_808de20c-6a1d-497f-8d6f-ee9c748d2167_1024x1024.png
Undyne_tarot_Undying.png

I CAN DO ANYTHING! (stronger than base Spamton who completely dwarfs 0.5 Tons): 1 (Greatsage13th)

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT! (upscales from baseline 8-C+ or 1.125 Tons): 5 (ShionAH, Rau, Adem_Warlock69, ShakeResounding, ShockingPsychic)

Incon: 9 (FantaRin_The_First, Therefir, StrymULTRA, koopa3144, TheKingStrategist13, Psychomaster35, LeoEpicGamer8910, Board3659, DaReaperMan)

Last edited:
Jevil has more gimmicks than undyne. He spams teleport in character, bomb danmaku that explodes into more danmaku and final chaos that puts any of undyne's attacks to shame.

Voting Jevil high dif.

Undyne because skill and will power?
Skill is definitely very debatable because she has no experience at all with Jevil's stuff like teleport and that insane Danmaku of his which is extremely rng based. Not to mention that Jevil has much better mobility and flight as well.

Jevil has more gimmicks than undyne. He spams teleport in character, bomb danmaku that explodes into more danmaku and final chaos that puts any of undyne's attacks to shame.

Voting Jevil high dif.
He doesnt spam teleport to dodge
Skill is definitely very debatable because she has no experience at all with Jevil's stuff like teleport and that insane Danmaku of his which is extremely rng based.
I mean Jevil also has no experience with Undynes mechanics
Not to mention that Jevil has much better mobility and flight as well.
Green Mode stops that

I think Undyne can win this war. Undyne's SOUL Manipulations will not work against Jevil in any way because Jevil has a Resistance to SOUL Manipulation. Undyne Can Gain with Low-Mid Regen and Durability Negation. As Hax, Undyne might say superior. Jevil's teleport and dealing damage will not harm Undyne.

Extreme Diff

I mean that immortality didn't do much against Frisk's attacks which were normal physical blows kek.
Undyne regenerated from being bisected by Genocide route Frisk. And it has immo 2. Characters that do slow damage like Jevil may not be able to damage undyne.

Undyne regenerated from being bisected by Genocide route Frisk. And it has immo 2. Characters that do slow damage like Jevil may not be able to damage undyne.
Issue is that applies only to her base form only to transform in her Undying form. That didn't really happen after the first time.

Issue is that applies only to her base form only to transform in her Undying form. That didn't really happen after the first time.
Undyne had to die at once in every Frisk's attack. Undyne was able to get rid of Friskin's damage by taking damage little by little. Jevil will be able to deal less damage to undyne than Frisk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To see how Undyne can regenerate from damage to the jevil, we need to learn the workings of the Spirit of Determination.

Persistence is the strength that normally allows people to continue at full potential after they die. Should a monster acquire a high concentration of determination, its body melts, usually into an amalgamate. The only known monster to possess naturally determination is Undyne. Undyne can increase stamina and regeneration with a small fraction of this spirit.

Regeneration works in this way:

With this ability, the DT spirit can be regenerated during a battle, and this ability appears to have been used by Frisk (in Love Part 2), Undyne the Undying (in Love Part 1), Chara, and Hate on Hope.

Frisk Attacks>> Undyne Determination>>Jevil Attacks

Last edited:
First off... yay, the first UT match after the upgrades wasn't a Sans match! Regarding stats, isn't Undying Undyne essentially equal to LV20 Frisk in terms of stats, i.e, ATK and DEF are both 99, and even ignoring that.... Undyne is still vastly superior to Mettaton, ATK & DEF 47, and Asgore, ATK & DEF 80, who are superior to Knight Knight, ATK & DEF 36 - so Undying Undyne may have the AP & DURA advantage via scaling chain advantage over Jevil.

And while scaling chains are't "too important" in out of verse matches, the less than 2x stat gap is going to somewhat notably wide regardless how small it is... this is going to be important since both of them resist each other's soul hax, so this battle is going to be likely decided on who hits the most and whose attacks deals the most damage - Jevil has the former in his corner, while Undyne has the latter in her corner, methink.

Green Mode is also going to help push the match in Undyne's favor by a bit since I think it is going to greatly help Undyne in scoring the first hit, essentially since it might catch Jevil by suprise - but again, teleporting is a thing for Jevil, so that nullify this advantage somewhat (although in-character Jevil doesn't really use it to dodge in the slightest, but that could just be a game thing... just like how technically Undyne never even attempts to dodge Frisk/Chara's attacks.)

However, the most important factor here... is the fact that Undyne's body will melt if enough damage is dealt, so even if Undyne kills Jevil first, if Jevil lands enough hits before he bites the "dust", lel, Undyne will follow soon after.

Thus, all-in-all, I am voting incon (although, I'll admit I am also leaning, to a notable degree, to a Jevil FRA, and am willing to change my vote if presented with enough proof)

First off... yay, the first UT match after the upgrades wasn't a Sans match! Regarding stats, isn't Undying Undyne essentially equal to LV20 Frisk in terms of stats, i.e, ATK and DEF are both 99, and even ignoring that....
LV 20 Frisk actually is 99 ATK/DEF only through True Knife and Locket, and that's not accounting the DT boosts they have (LV 1 Frisk vs Asgore amrite?)

Besides counted.

LV 20 Frisk actually is 99 ATK/DEF only through True Knife and Locket, and that's not accounting the DT boosts they have (LV 1 Frisk vs Asgore amrite?)

Besides counted.
Kek, my b. I forgot about that fact. And speaking of Asgore, Noelle Vs. Asgore when? Fire Vs. Ice matches are a classic, after all /s

Undying takes normal damage from LV 10 Frisk, who even at LV 3 could one-shot Toriel, who has Asgore's upscaling, so I definitely think she has around the same upscaling Jevil has with the 0.5 feat, and as such should have an at least x2 AP advantage

Undyne melting away in the heat of battle wouldn't really matter all that much. Why? Because for Jevil to claim victory, he'd have to bring her HP down to zero first. And if he manages to do that, well, he's already won the whole shebang
Plus, Undyne's Green Mode will severly impact Jevil's Devil Knife attack, since he won't be able to use himself or maybe even his clones for the attack

While Jevil's teleportation and afterimage creation might make him harder to hit, don't think it's enough to give Jevil the win,
Undyne FRA

Inconclusive for reasons above, if his movements on screen are of any indication, landing a hit on Jevil would be extremely difficult.

But Undyne The Undyne is an absolute tank, she could survive Jevil's Danmaku for some time and find a hit.

After thinking of it myself I believe that it's incon too.

Undyne it's very tanky and outstats Jevil by a fair margin (less than x2) and can use Green Mode to greatly limit Jevil's movements and overwhelm him with the arrows.

On the other hand Jevil completely outclasses her by mobility and has a much better and unpredictable Danmaku, other than being able to fly, teleport and create afterimages, eventually making him able to overwhelm Undyne with a shower of bullets of all the kinds which are randomized too.

You can argue it for both sides with equally good arguments (though I side Jevil more on this one), but I feel like it's a draw in general.

Last edited:
Guys. Undyne, making jevil's soul green doesn't work, you have to give up. Undyne takes Spirit Manipulation from her Green mode. Jevil is resistant to soul manipulation.

You're arguing that Jevil is dumb enough to just stand there and take all the hits lol.
I mean Jevil is dumb + Green mode is not something you can just say no to
Guys. Undyne, making jevil's soul green doesn't work, you have to give up. Undyne takes Spirit Manipulation from her Green mode. Jevil is resistant to soul manipulation.
Frisk also has the same resistance but it works on them

Okay, so is Blue mode, Yellow Mode, Purple Mode- Jevil resists soul damage, not changing the properties of his soul, that's a very hard thing to resist if you happen to not either lack a soul or have a Higher-Dimensional soul, etc, none of which are resistances present in Deltarune, seeing as there's no soul modes.

Anyway, Undyne the Undining FRA

I mean Jevil is dumb + Green mode is not something you can just say no to
You know that Jevil can spawn multiple scythes, right? He literally does it in his final attack and can move them telekinetically. No need for physical movement.

Plus Undyne is dumb too because she doesn't dodge Frisk's basic ass blows by your logic lol.

You know that Jevil can spawn multiple scythes, right? He literally does it in his final attack and can move them telekinetically. No need for physical movement.

Plus Undyne is dumb too because she doesn't dodge Frisk's basic ass blows by your logic lol.
I mean- I think Undyne wins because she's a pretty major damage sponge on top of having better stats in literally every category(Not saying Jevil isnt a damage sponge), and since neither really care for dodging it devolves into a slugging match Undyne just wins at because her AP and durability are just better then Jevil's and her danmaku also is if he's not green

Just giving explanation for why I'm voting the fish

Frisk also has the same resistance but it works on them
these two are not the same thing. Frisk gets this because he can reflect deadly attacks on his spirit to physical damage. but jevil Can resist magic attacks capable of directly harming one's SOUL

Undyne it's very tanky and outstats Jevil by a fair margin (less than x2)
Undyne probably upscales enough for it to be considered x2 ngl
(Undying >= LV 10 Frisk > LV 3 Frisk >>> Toriel = 1.125 Tons)
(Jevil > Spamton = Kris >>> Ralsei Dummy = 0.5 Tons)
[>>> being a one-shot]

Also, Frisk with the Temmie Armor (Against Undyne or Mettaton EX) should have less DEF than Undying, but they still take only 1 point damage from both

these two are not the same thing. Frisk gets this because he can reflect deadly attacks on his spirit to physical damage. but jevil Can resist magic attacks capable of directly harming one's SOUL
Soul Manipulation doesn't work like that

You have to resist the specific flavor of Soul Manipulation, just because Jevil resists Soul Damage doesn't mean he resists just having the properties of his soul changed, you'd be surprised at how rare that is, but that's what the Soul modes are

Like, you gonna say Jevil resists his soul being sent to Narnia just because he resists getting his soul slapped around?

Back