• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erza Vs. Laxus

Thunder is partially an effect of thunder and both are similar enough to be ensured that her lightning armor will work against him (she even used it vs Laxus in earlier arcs). However it's not enogh for her, Laxus is stronger and slightly faster. Additionaly her lightning magic will do nothing to Laxus and if she had to swith to another attack type she would lose her defence from ligtning. Only chance for her is to cast Nakagami Starlight but imo Laxus is stronger.

Lightning/Thunder has always been used interchangeably in translations of this series. Her lightning/thunder empress armour is lightning plain and simple and it would be useless against Laxus once he activates his dragon slaying magic. Hell, it would boost him if he ate any attacks from it.

Anyway, as for who would win in a fight. Laxus wins rather handily. Laxus has always been portrayed to be more powerful than Erza. I'd say he's at least twice as powerful. Hell, he fought evenly against and beat someone stated to be capable of taking Erza and Mira two on one. He also managed to overwhelm a Spiggan despite being sick as hell and on the brink of collapse while Erza got her ass handed to her by one and was almost killed. Hell, Laxus almost one-shot the very Spriggan who defeated Erza despite being severely injured after Erza got a cheap shot in on him.

For now, I'd say Laxus wins very handily against Erza. He would beat her with a lower level of difficulty than a seriously injured Ajeel. Things could change in the future though. Erza was hinted as having some scary latent power which will be realized once the shit with Irene goes down. Note that I said "will be realized" and not "could be realized" in the previous sentence. It's no secret that Mashima likes to wank the main cast of this series. Natsu and even Gray (at least with devil slayer magic and not base) have surpassed Erza at this point and reached Spriggan level (I doubt Erza has surpassed even Makarov right now) and Lucy got some crazy power-ups. I doubt Mashima will leave his favourite female character in the series behind.

Back