• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AidenBrooks999

VS Battles
Retired
Erza Scarlet vs. Garnet

Erza Anime S5
GarnetByKmes
Erza is Post-Second Timeskip with her strongest armors (Armadura Fairy, Purgatory, Clean Heart and Nakagami)

Round 1: In Character, Win by KO

Round 2: Bloolust, Win by Kill

Speed Equalized.

Erza: 1

Garnet: 0

Draw: 0

Because my calc was a low ball, Lina Dragon Ant and I agreed upon using the mid end for a more accurate result

Okay, I am confused if this continues like this... Acnologia is gonna end up planet lvl lol.

Anyway I would go for Erza via durabilty negation since I don't see anything else on ethier character that makes that much diffrence actually maybe flight need to check.

Okay so flight as well

Round 1 Erza well not that hard.

Round 2 Erza in bloodlust (i like that) yeah I don't know that looks like a win for same reasons so I will go with her for now.

And if someone has something to say for garnet it would be nice since I am not very knowledgable about her.

Oh, I smell... wait! What is it?

Erza vs Mihawk is coming (probably)

@William Garnet has precog and Erza's flight can be matched by Garnet's immense jumping ability, extendable limbs, and (to a lesser extent) ranged attacks

Well there is always the durabilty negation so a high difficulty win for Erza, Since I don't see Garnet winning with anything Erza can't counter or defend herself from.

And well Flight is still better than just jumping actually a good advantage and Erza has a bit more range I would say.

@Aiden Nope, it opperates at will and can literally see the potential outcomes of encounters through Sapphire's third eye.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Aiden Nope, it opperates at will and can literally see the potential outcomes of encounters through Sapphire's third eye.
The ability does take some time to use, as she has been shown in a thinking position when activating it. During that time, someone can alter the future, as seen in "Marble Madness", when Steven ruined the plan to learn about Peridot by going up to her while Garnet was still using future vision ... Her future vision seems to operate at will and with only specific details that she is looking for, as in "Cry for Help" when her future vision overlooked Pearl's actions and their consequences, Garnet only noticed that Peridot was in none of the potential futures. Garnet's future vision differs from Sapphire's in that Sapphire constantly sees one long-term future while Garnet searches through multiple short-term futures

Garnet. She's smarter and has more experience. She has precog. She has good Regenerationn. Erza won't know to destroy the gems. Erza's durability negation isn't really durability negation, because it's not a one-shot technique. I eventually realized that after some research. Wingblade hits even if it doesn't (regen covers that), and Nakagami negates magic to cut space, which won't really affect the non-magical Garnet.

^aren't verses equalised talking about their power?

And once Erza's sees her gems are source of her power I don't think she will need time to figure it out since Erza can also use Circle sword to figure out her opponents weak spots and which armor to use against them

The real cal howard said:
Garnet. She's smarter and has more experience. She has precog. She has good Regenerationn. Erza won't know to destroy the gems. Erza's durability negation isn't really durability negation, because it's not a one-shot technique. I eventually realized that after some research. Wingblade hits even if it doesn't (regen covers that), and Nakagami negates magic to cut space, which won't really affect the non-magical Garnet.
We still count that as Durability Negation here since it still cuts through space.

Going Garnet with Precog, limitless stamina as well as immunity to a lot of her armours such as Lightning and Fire empress.

Garnet can also fuse back quickly if she gets poofed, and Erza would have to see a solid Regenerationn from the gemstone in order to know that it is the energy source, and nothing suggests Erza can break through Garnets Gauntlets to get to the gems. Even if they can, Garnet can re-summon them

I dunno. Garnet has precog and more experience but her regen is virtually useless in combat while Erza can fly, is more versatile and has durability negation.

@Crop Garnet can still regenerate limbs without having to retreat into her gemstone to make a new body, and even if she needs to regen completely she can make a stable and fully functioning body in as little as a few minutes if she absolutely needs to. Plus Garnet's casual jumps can send her over the cloud layer even if she's hindered by carrying something as heavy as a fishing boat, and she still has projectile attacks and extendable limbs.

@William ...what? Unless the durability negation comes with Regenerationn nullification or hits a vital spot that is unable to regenerate it wont be able to stop Regenerationn.

@Crop Gimme a minute i'll find sources.

^The point is... If you get knocked out or are hit in vital spot your regenartion won't help you. Plus her regenartion as you said is few minutes in that amount of time Erza can slice and dice her all over her body.

Okay, so...how would Erza know where Garnet's only vital spots (her gemstones) are? And i dont really think its physically possible for Gems to be knocked out...

Garnet's lesser Regenerationn is instantaneous, in the few minutes it takes to regenerate a new body Garnet wouldnt have a body for Erza to attack, it would just be two gemstones on the ground which Erza would have no idea as to why they are there.

^circle sword analyses the opponent and don't forget we talk about a person who figured 3 different weakness and solutions again reflector magic used by midnight that even likes of Jellal and his own teammate couldn't even after fighting him.

So,pretty sure she wouldn't need a lot of time to figure it out and just destroy the gems. Especially after she sees her regenartion since she was able to figure out which armor to use against 5 different type of monsters in an instant.

WilliamShadow said:
^circle sword analyses the opponent and don't forget we talk about a person who figured 3 different weakness and solutions again reflector magic used by nightmare
You mean Midnight?

Gojira1234 said:
Could Erza even hit Garnet's gems? They're protected by her gauntlets, after all.
wingblade ignores defence and Nakagmi starlight durabilty so they can,plus I guess she could break through with normal attacks sooner or later as well since armor like black wing gets more AP with every hit.

Wingblade, maybe, but I doubt it. Because it would be like saying it could hit someone's palms even though their fists are closed. Definitely no to Nakagami. While it ignores durability, it doesn't seek out weakpoints or negate regen

^she can cut her body parts and in general she can destroy it sooner or later it's not like they are indestructible or her body impenetrable.

Or cut her head off not sure how fast she regenerates that.

Same can be said about Erza.

Considering her head in itself is just a hologram along with the reat of her body, just as easily.

I don't think Garnet is as easily "poofable" as Amethyst or Pearl, and we've never seen her be poofed by pure physical stress (i.e. A sword stab or headbutt from Jasper). Not only that, but Pearl beat Erza in another thread, and Garnet is considered stronger than Pearl. Couple that with Garnet's future vision and thousands upon thousands of years of experience, I think Garnet takes it with mid-high difficulty.

Of course, i voted for Erza mostly cause of range and Flight which is better than expandable limbs since Erza has more freedom in movement.

If WB's clip taught me anything, it's that Garnet's range should definitely be upgraded. Also, I forgot, can Heaven's Wheel Armor fly?

Actually that's black wing armor best example in ep 70-71 where she follows a giant Dragonoid via flight and heavens wheel is not as good in flying,but is still usable.

Gojira1234 said:
I don't think Garnet is as easily "poofable" as Amethyst or Pearl, and we've never seen her be poofed by pure physical stress (i.e. A sword stab or headbutt from Jasper). Not only that, but Pearl beat Erza in another thread, and Garnet is considered stronger than Pearl. Couple that with Garnet's future vision and thousands upon thousands of years of experience, I think Garnet takes it with mid-high difficulty.
I simply can't take that thread seriously.

Also, here Erza is using her High 6-C armors, not 6-C.

@Aiden lol still salty huh? :p kidding, kidding

But its not like Erza didnt have her durability-negating armors in that thread either...

Actually I think she didn't because there was this weird discussion about can she use them or not and stuff like that.

Plus she didn't have a high 6-C AP which is a huge diffrence.

No i allowed them, there was just a discussion on how they would work against Pearl

But lets not derail this thread about it

Back