• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erza Scarlet vs Elsie Crimson

erza should stomp unfortunately

too many skills and armor counter her abilities, far more skilled etc etc

then again im not certain about their AP values, so Crimson could have a massive AP advantage for all I know

I'd say that if Limit Break Erza can still use all of her different armors, then she takes this due to her superior versatility barely overcoming the AP gap.

It’s actually practically equal. Erza’s Limit Break is 2.76 yottatons compared to Elsie’s 3.574 yottatons. Erza’s versatility and skill easily overcomes a gap that’s not even 30% stronger than her.
"Not even 30%" seems like an impressive statement, but it isn't at all. On the level they're fighting at, even 10% is a lot.
Versatility doesn't help here at all. Erza's base armors are nothing but dead weight. She needs Akagami and enchanted swords + POF to do anything, eliminating her versatility advantage entirely.

"Not even 30%" seems like an impressive statement, but it isn't at all. On the level they're fighting at, even 10% is a lot.
This would be true from our perspective. If someone drops a planet on a normal human they're not gonna care if it's thirty percent heavier than another planet. However, I don't think that's how it works with characters in the same tier.

Exactly. That's literally what I just said. Elsie being not even 30% stronger overall seems like an impressive statement, meant to close up the gap - but it isn't one. The gap is there, and it's big.

I feel like you don’t realise how we, or fiction treats such gaps in stats. In FT, characters can still fight people x2-x3 stronger or faster than them without getting clowned on. On the site, a x2 gap in AP isn’t even considered a major advantage for a thread and only matters when that’s the only advantage one side has over the other.

Even if we were to accept your logic of 30% being a sizeable gap, that doesn’t stop Erza from harming Elsie as someone who punches with 1000 lbs of force is still going to be hurting someone that punches at 1,300 lbs of force. Combined with her Flight Armor, Erza blitzes and bombards Diet Erza with attacks that are still capable of harming her to a serious extent.

In this fight, Erza has the reach and skill advantage in just her base armor. With her Requip, she has the speed, versatility and most likely AP advantage too.

I guess one way of looking at it is, if one character has an AP of 100 yottatons and their opponent has 130 yottatons, we have to ask the question, what does that 30 yottatons mean to the character with only 100 yottatons, as in, would getting hit with that 30 on top of their own durability of 100 amount to a large power gap. It seems to me that in fiction and real life AP is always relative to what it's hitting rather than the actual amount being always destructive.

It's true that in real life being overwhelmed and still having 30 yottatons hitting you means you're probably going to be on the moon in a moment, regardless of if you can withstand the hit, but I'm not sure that applies here. So I'm inclined to say 30 per cent isn't a massive power difference, however, in real life it's more than you'd need to be the winner. Unless the other person can counter it with some advantage of their own. I'm not sure if skill and a somewhat versatile arsenal is enough to even that out unless the skill gap is very large.

Back