• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A nice feat from Pursuit of the Truth, chapter 953, Su Ming severs Heaven Traversers' Progenitor's connection with space, time, fate and the universe itself:

This Art could cut the laws of heaven, could change the patterns of the world, could disrupt the harmony between Yin and Yang, could overturn the universe, could go up against the heavens The core of this divine ability was in truth using the slashes contained within the Art to eventually separate a person's kismet and fate from the galaxy itself.

Once all of a person's connections to the universe were separated and they became an isolated, lonely presence, Su Ming could make it so that the person would seem to have lost their eyes and roots, so that they would not be able to exist harmoniously with the universe.

[...]

"This is the Realm that belongs to a Master of Fate. Fate is law. With my first slash, I will cut the evil of theft and have it fuse with the universe. Fate will act as its guide. If there is no fate, then the evil of disaster will not exist in the universe. There is a connection between fate and theft, and now I will cut your fate with the universe!"

[...]

With my second slash, I will cut the evil of disaster. Disaster stays in earth and comes from the ground. It originates from the spot beneath our feet and is hidden in space. With this slash I will cut your fate with space!" Su Ming raised his right hand, and without any hesitation, he executed his second slash.

The galaxy immediately swayed intensely, as if the universe had been overturned and the cosmos were going through a transformation. All laws and rules dissipated within a moment. Numerous ripples appeared in the space under the feet of Heaven Traversers' Progenitor again, but when Su Ming executed his second slash, these ripples shattered, as if the connection between Heaven Traversers' Progenitor and space had been cut.

[...]

"With my third slash, I will cut the evil of time. I will cut your fate with the galaxy. You still have the concept of time in your head, and because of it, your shadow will last in the passage of time in this place. If time has a spirit, then everything about you will exist within the memories of this spirit. With this slash, I will cut off your fate with time!"

At the instant Su Ming lifted his foot swiftly to take his third step, the galaxy looked as if it had been overturned. Heaven Traversers' Progenitor threw his head back and let out a furious roar. This sound was astonishingly loud, and it shook Su Ming so much that he coughed up blood, but it did not manage to prevent him from taking that last step forward and slashing down the third time with his right hand.

Slash!

The universe changed. A cyclone centered around Heaven Traversers' Progenitor swept outwards with a loud bang. The galaxy where that cyclone passed through looked as if it was suffering from time reversal, all of its memories being wiped off. Once the cyclone disappeared, the shadow of Heaven Traversers' Progenitor no longer existed in the passages of time in the spot where the Progenitor stood, and the connection between the galaxy and the Progenitor could no longer be found.

Su Ming's Execution of Three Evils was not aimed at Heaven Traversers' Progenitor, but the universe, the galaxy, space, and time. That was why Heaven Traversers' Progenitor could not fight against it. In fact, the divine ability Su Ming executed at that moment was one that the Progenitor had never seen before; it was the first time he saw the likes of it. In fact, from this divine ability, he sensed two emotions that had been long absent from his life - fear and wariness!

What Su Ming had cut was the passage of time in the galaxy, but he also indirectly cut the fate of Heaven Traversers' Progenitor!
He managed to survive all the above. And to here, you can see him trying to reconnect himself with said severed stuff, which further proves he's severed away from them :

A runic symbol had appeared at the center of his brows. This runic symbol looked as if it was branded on his forehead. It did not appear just then, but it chose this moment to manifest. However, this runic symbol was dull and lusterless. Su Ming could see countless threads floating around it, trying to connect with the threads of the universe, galaxy and the passage of time Su Ming had cut off just then. But the separation between it and the galaxy caused it… to be unable to connect with those threads.
He was also still able to fight:

Before, the Progenitor hadn't even needed to attack. With just the use of words and the power of the fate's law in the universe as well as all manner of living, he had been able to render Su Ming almost completely unable to fight back. Now, the Progenitor spotted a change in his expression. He raised his right hand, then swung it in Su Ming's direction, who was coming towards him with his fist in the air.
With it, an incredibly large palm appeared in front of Heaven Traversers' Progenitor while the universe roared. That palm stood vertically in the galaxy, and as if it was being pushed forward, it charged towards Su Ming. Wherever it passed through, the galaxy would be broken. In the blink of an eye, it crashed against Su Ming's punch.

He also has his own set of Laws :

However, Su Ming knew that these ripples were the laws in this galaxy. At that moment, the laws were being forcefully expelled as Su Ming's Ecang clone appeared in the area, as if the galaxy had become Ecang's territory once it arrived. Within this territory, all laws, all wills, and all rules would work only due to Ecang's will.

[...]

The middle-aged man's expression remained calm. As he spoke, his tone allowed no refusal. When his voice traveled outwards, the purple fog around Su Ming tumbled, and in the galaxy where laws had been chased away, laws appeared once again, but this time, they belonged to the middle-aged man.
So, would that qualify for Acausality type 4? And since the Heaven Traversers' Progenitor could still move just fine after being severed from both space and time, would that qualify for infinite speed?

He is a flawed Master of Fate, Lives and Death (Equivalent to those halfway through the 3rd step, like Quasi-Dao cultivators), which in the Ergenverse isn't particularly powerful in the grand scheme of things. People in the Dao Realm have been shown to wipe out Natural Laws with their mere presence, and when Su Ming was facing another Master of Fate earlier, it was shown to erase the laws of time and replace space itself. Surviving that shouldn't be something unique to them, as it is granted to them via their cultivation itself. Even weaker 2nd Step cultivators can survive after eremoving all laws around them.

This should affect everyone halfway through the 3rd step and up (Meng Hao (Post Immortal Ascension), Fang Mu, Little Treasure, Lord White, Bai Xiaochun (Eternal World), The Arch-Ancestor (A Will Eternal) and The Mortal Renegade).

I suppose that this can probably be applied then. It does not seem very controversial.

Back