• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eren Yeager Vs Edward Elric (Attack On Titan Vs Fullmetal Alchemist)

Arcker123

He/Him
The Devil Of Paradis Vs The Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Just now noticed how similar these two characters are. Two hot headed young soldiers with big dreams. They both have fathers that they are on bad terms with, ETC. This is a really thematic match. They both have their differences of course, and this contrast is also interesting Eren could be seen as a darker version of Ed. I also like and watched both shows and wanted an Eren match so…….
  • Genocidal Child Soldier Vs Genius Child Soldier
  • Both 8-C
  • Ed is 0.490 Tons Of TNT
  • Eren is 0.69 Tons Of TNT
  • Hardening is Restricted (as it’s 8-B)
  • Speed =
  • Post Time-skip Eren
  • Both IC
  • Ed knows about the nape
  • SBA Otherwise
Eren:Edward:Incon:
fa666e53b5c570701554bc126e79e2af.jpg
37ecf25f3b8a8fc84ddb72ec4fb9b1dd.jpg

Last edited:
Edward because is not writted by a 3 year old

Anyways eren is pretty good in skill and edward is kinda meh in that department, but you should restrict hardening

Name one flaw in Eren’s character or the AOT ending rn?

Done
Having plot armor as thick as a bus, and his entire motivation being not him but manipulated from him from the future, also alot of asspulls

Eh as much as i don't like eren just have the overall advantage, and alchemy doesn't look that usefull on a opponent that big

Having plot armor as thick as a bus
This would be shown when exactly?
and his entire motivation being not him but manipulated from him from the future
The whole point of Eren’s character is that he’s a slave. Of course his motivations aren’t his when everything about him was determined by outside factors, not his own will. He’s a slave to his desire for freedom and fatalistic surroundings (see the bertholdt thing)
also alot of asspulls
Like?
Eh as much as i don't like eren just have the overall advantage, and alchemy doesn't look that usefull on a opponent that big
Ed can create massive alchemic structures to pierce Eren, and since he knows about the nape, he’ll use things like deconstruction to get to it.

This would be shown when exactly?

The whole point of Eren’s character is that he’s a slave. Of course his motivations aren’t his when everything about him was determined by outside factors, not his own will. He’s a slave to his desire for freedom and fatalistic surroundings (see the bertholdt thing)

Like?

Ed can create massive alchemic structures to pierce Eren, and since he knows about the nape, he’ll use things like deconstruction to get to it.
Him unlocking titan when he was eaten, then that means he pratically is a no character because EVERYTHING was planned kinda of a problem of the ¨you are slave from fate¨ story type tho, royal titan moment

The problem is that eren kinda can just face tank everything edward trows at him because regen

Him unlocking titan when he was eaten then that means he pratically is a no character because EVERYTHING was planned kinda of a problem of the ¨you are slave from fate¨ story type tho, royal titan moment
No clue what’s the problem here. In stories about fate and freedom, we have to be shown how the characters are slaves. That’s the whole reason behind our investment in their search for freedom and or battle against fate.

Take Aizen planning everything about Ichigo for example.

Oh also the ending is basically lelouch ending
The flaw here is? Just because “the villain protagonist was actually the good guy” twist is used in both, is not a flaw.

I don't think it's a good idea to discuss AOT's quality in threads like these, even just considering the dead general thread for the verse.

In any case, I feel like this can go either way {although checking Eren's profile, that 8-B with Swords is effing sus), although I'm slightly leaning on Ed.

Eren's wincon IMO is just hunting down and squashing Al, and stats suggests that it won't be a one-shot. Feels like it should but we'll go with that the profile says.
Eren's fairly mobile and experienced at fighting at this point, though will have to protect his nape with his arms just in case. He can also abandon his Titan form at least two times IIRC.

Ed's wincon involves his Alchemy. He really won't be able to do much significant damage with his arm blade until he runs out of stamina since it's too short. But his Alchemy scaling implies he could significantly wound Eren with spikes the same way the Warhammer did. Ed will still need to reach for Eren's nape which is probably the most difficult part as Ed mostly fights on the ground. He could theoretically burrow through Eren's titan body or trap it until he could climb up and bonk Eren.

Guess I'll wait and see if others have other ideas.

Eren simply exiting his body. Also, won’t kill ic.
Sorry I misspoke in regards to that, what I mean is just straight up insta-destroying Eren's titan form via alchemy, leaving Eren's real body, like how he did with Envy and Pride, with Envy essentially straight up being a titan themselves with their true form inside their giant body. Same with Pride, who he entered into their soul itself to beat the **** out of them and incap.

Ed isn't gonna kill his enemies, can't see him having any real wincons here.

Back