• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ephraim vs Hector

So, when I choose the hot-headed, somewhat lacking in skill Hector against Ephraim, who is an unrivalled lance wielder, your only argument for Hector winning is "via triangle advantage".

Sigh.

Hector: 1

Ephraim: 0

not an actual vote i just don't know how to put the lines through my text sry

I assume we don't take things like effective damage into account here so i'll wait for more input

Hector is physically the stronger of the two, and he's actually a great Axe Wielder. He's reckless, but still a great fighter. With that said, I won't deny Ephraim being a better leader. Still, realistically, Axes are built to chop lances. Tough choice, but I'm still going to lean towards Hector.

I mean, Desmond isnt completly wrong tho. ASSUMING Ephraim to be on pair to Eliwood in pure strengh, Hector should have a feelworthy strength advantage. Yes, Ephraim is highly expierenced Combat genius, but Hector is no slouch either. Paired with the cursed weapon triangle i would give it to Hector in 6 out of 10 possible rounds.

Voting Hector, assuming that Ephraim dosnt absolutly outclass Hector into the ground in terms of skill

I'm voting for Hector the best Lord of FE7 too.

Hector is actually known for his strength in canon, while Ephraim is known for his tactical prowess. Hector would have the advantage in a duel.

For fun I will also give you a stat comparison, which is actually viable thanks to FE7 and FE8 having the same stat caps and similar stats for basic weapons which allows for easy scaling.

Since this is supposed to be a training matchso I will assume Iron weapons in the calcs and will use the average 20/20 calcs.

https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/characters/average-stats/hector/

https://serenesforest.net/the-sacred-stones/characters/average-stats/ephraim/

Hector's HP: 56
Hector's Might: 30+8=38
Hector's Defense: 28
Hector's Accuracy: 23*2+14+75=135
Hector's Evade: 21*2+14=56

Ephraim's HP: 55
Ephraim's Might: 27+7=34
Ephraim's Defense: 21
Ephraim's Accuracy: 26*2+26+80=158
Ephraim's Evade: 24*2+26=74

Hector has WTA on Ephraim.

Hector does (38+1-21) 18 damage at a (135+15-74) 76% hit rate.
Ephraim does (34-1-28) 5 damage at a (158-15-56) 87% hit rate.

Hector KOs Ephraim in 4 hits, and requires 5 attacks on average.
Ephraim KOs Hector in 12 hits, and requires 13 attacks on average.

Gameplay wise the result is clear with a Hector win thanks to significant strength advantage, massive defense lead, and WTA giving him some consistency at landing hits.
If you were to ignore the stat cap ramming on Ephraim he would have near 100% accuracy (97%), would do 2 more damage per hit (8 HKO now, and 8 attacks on average), and would receive 5 speed, which is more than enough to double Hector and would really start to mess with Hector's hit rate (drops to 66% hit rate, and 6 attacks on average).
All of this would actually give Ephraim a significant advantage.

TLDR: Hector is a wall of a man and Ephraim's toothpick won't be able to stop him canon wise or gameplay wise.

Well, taking game mechanics literally is a bad idea, but yes, these are fun facts.

Ephraim never picks fights that he can't win, which means he brought an Axereaver and reverses this silly "Triangle Advantage" that Hector thought he had

Jokes aside, Hector's strength should give him the advantage in a 1 on 1 fight

Before I cast my vote I have 2 questions.

Question 1: Are they both promoted? More specifically is Hector heavily armored? Is Ephraim fighting on horseback?

Question 2: Are they using their rapier-equivilants and do they deal bonus damage if the answer to Q1 is yes?

That might have been more than 2 questions but whatever

Back