• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wokistan said:
To absorb stars in itself is a tier 4 feat. Not really sure how one would do that otherwise.
Hmm it is debatable though as absorbing stars can varied from over time to instantly done it. The statement left it vague on how they do it as well the fact that absorbing a star doesn't translating to Tier 4 AP necessarily and could be considered hax as well.

I suggested Low 4-C in the OP because of this. Timeframe is unknown. But yeah that's a feat.

I don't think we do things that way. To my knowledge, Surface destruction wouldn't get 6-A instead of high 6-A if it's overtime and city destruction wouldn't get low 7-B instead of 7-B. It should be either 4-C or not have a specific tier attached to it all.

If you're shown the process of surface destruction and it involves a number of continent sized explosions, sure.

But just a description like "Able to destroy a planet's entire surface" would either be high 6-A if the timeframe is implied to be quick or not tierable by itself if the timeframe is too vague.

@Andy I always view as case by case analysis though.

If the surface destruction just involves destroying a continent, then it will be 6A. However, if it is stated or shown to be over time, then the results may be changed drastically anyway.

Well, this just how I understand the standards to be. If you can confirm I'm wrong feel to use low 4-C here.

Andytrenom said:
Well, this just how I understand the standards to be. If you can confirm I'm wrong feel to use low 4-C here.
Which implies it can be interpret by anyone, but I feel this discussion should go elsewhere anyway.

Eh, not sure.

While Blobulord's feat sounds legitimately 4-C, we don't know if it scales to him directly. They could do that via technology (I mean the Hegemony can bust stars, so the Blobulonians being able to do so isn't anything absurd) or whatever other method, I feel that we can't say for sure that it's scaleable.

Black Hole gun is a legit black hole, but i'm not sure if it would scale to other weapons.

This is because "tanking" a black hole isn't really a thing, they can resist the tidal force, but it's not like the black hole itself has actual High 5-A AP, that's just the formula we use to calc them.

Kaliber's stuff seems alright

Abilities are fine, will check speed later

Even if we disregard the tanking a black hole thing, and assume that Bloblulord's is done through tech (which I don't believe is implied, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt), we're still looking at two different examples of technology with Tier 5/4 statements in terms of capability, in the form of Singularity crushing stars and Black Hole Gun creating and destroying a star.

It'd stand to reason, based on that, that more powerful weapons would be stronger. I disagree with your view on Blobulord, for the record, but if you find that to be lacking I can agree to your ideas.

I mean the point about Blobulord is basically that we don't know anything about how it's done, so it isn't scaleable.

I can agree with other weapons scaling to the BH gun, although i'm not sure about how consistent it is.

Like, a tier 5 and a tier 4-ish feats compared to everything else being tier 9/8 feels very outlierish

Two tier 5s and a tier 4. Other verses scale to high feats for less. Hell, even Marvel has like, what, six total 4-B calcs? I'm sure characters bust buildings much more regularly.

Except that in Marvel there are multiple feats on that level.

I don't even follow it and I can tell you that Silver Surfer, Thor, Sentry, and more have tier 4 calcs, and they scale upwards from tier 5 stuff.

EtG's situation is nowhere near the same, you have two tier 5 feats (Which are the same feat at that, just performed using two different objects)

Also, I checked again and I don't think that the background when reaching the gun that can kill the past is a starry sky. Those dots move around way too much to be stars.

Kaltias said:
Except that in Marvel there are multiple feats on that level.
I don't even follow it and I can tell you that Silver Surfer, Thor, Sentry, and more have tier 4 calcs, and they scale upwards from tier 5 stuff.

EtG's situation is nowhere near the same, you have two tier 5 feats (Which are the same feat at that, just performed using two different objects)

Also, I checked again and I don't think that the background when reaching the gun that can kill the past is a starry sky. Those dots move around way too much to be stars.
And Marvel is a much larger verse with more content. In terms of balancing Tier 9/8 and tier 4, I'd argue Gungeon has more Tier 4 feats to Tier 9/8 feats than Marvel does.

They're the same feat but that doesn't change anything. They are separate, just the same value/type.

Artistic style, the fact that you're moving and the camera moves with you, take your pick.

Do you disagree with High 5-A, then?

I really don't know enough about Black Holes to make an argument against it and I find the Low 4C feat far more plausible.

So I think I don't fully agree with High 5A as a rating but I think it's plausible for High 5A weaponry to be used as a supporting feat since there are weapons capable of generating it

That said, is it a real black hole and does it fit our criteria?

Black Hole is done through star crushing technology iirc, so it should qualify.

Also, why not "High 5-A, possibly Low 4-C"?

>The Low 4-C feat is done through completely unknown means and we don't know the timeframe, nor if it is scaleable

>It's more solid than the actual calc

Also yes, there are lower end feats. Namely everything that isn't related to black hole generating technology, unless you know of tier 5 Ammoconda statements i'm not aware of.

Or the fact that basically every enemy dies to the Dark Marker's High 7-C explosion.

Also, go at 1:09 and you can clearly see that the "stars" are floating around, so no, it isn't 4-A

I also still don't think the feat should be treated as low 4-C instead of being 4-C or unquantifiable

Kaltias said:
>The Low 4-C feat is done through completely unknown means and we don't know the timeframe, nor if it is scaleable

>It's more solid than the actual calc
Said Calc doesn't at all come across as a true Black Hole which is why I asked.

The Beast also has a black hole calc that got rejected due to it not being considered a true black hole.

Except that it has the characteristic of a true black hole, is stated to be a black hole by the most accurate source of lore in-verse, and is formed like an actual black hole?

....All I did was ask, all I did was simply ask if it was a real black hole and it fit our criteria.

You didn't, you said "Doesn't at all come across as a true black hole which is why I asked", which is like saying "I don't think that it's legit but I want to make sure anyway".

But if that's not what you meant, alright. It is a legitimate black hole and was already accepted as such

It isn't a strange statement. It's a statement that sends that kind of message, and for that reason I answered it with a question instead of a plain list of characteristics of the gun.

Now can we go back to the discussion regarding stats?

Dunno about the other things but Kaliber's Great Bullet created a star.

The Muzzle Wisp descriptions states:

"When the largest of guns are fired, the brilliant muzzle flash calls these Wisps into existence.

The Order's scriptures claim that the star Gunymede orbits is itself one such Wisp, spawned when the great Bullet was fired from the heavens."

This seems like a solid upgrade for Kaliber

Also I've noticed alot of abilities/resistences are missing from the profiles and I've just began exploring the verse so in the future I hope to make a CRT involving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back