• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Energy needed for destroy a celestial spherical object

I have been doing calculations (integrals and derivates) and i found a formula in order to get the Energy needed to disgregate gravitionally a spherical celestial body, it is accurated to calculations on wikipedia and other physics' pages cause the calculation gives the same number as is estimated by those sources. This formula assumes density is equal or grows as much deeper you go to the center of the celestial body. The formula is:

Energy (Low ball) = ( 3 x G x M x M ) / ( 5 x R ) --> Assumes density is constant among the celestial body (Minimum energy)

Energy (High ball) = ( 99 x G x M x M ) / ( 125 x R ) --> Assumes the density is all located at one centered point in the celestial body (Maximum energy)

Where:

G = Universal Gravitational Constant

M = Mass of celestial object

R = Radious of the celestial object

Just in case you want to compare just use the formula to the Earth and the Sun you will see is accurated.

Problem is: It may change the Tier system related to stars, planets and moons.

That is why i ask to have some opinions before posting it to revisions by the calculating staff and people who do calcs.

Last edited:
I'm not well-acquainted with celestial destruction feats tbh... but where did this formula come from?

I'm not well-acquainted with celestial destruction feats tbh... but where did this formula come from?
@Dark-Carioca It comes from integration, if you assume for each layer of sphere has certain density that is proportional to the radius elevated to a certain number that dictates how density shrinks by it (Cause inside the planet the density is higher) then you can calculate the gravitational potential energy of each layer taking into account the previous layers. The integration of that gives you the total amount of energý requiered for a certain celestial body whose density shrinks with radius and have certain total radius. If you select the constant density then it appears the low ball formula, if you asume is a black hole it appears the second formula (High ball Formula).

We used to slap in the GBE for celestial objects for creation and destruction of them.

Can you cite the source for your new method?

We used to slap in the GBE for celestial objects for creation and destruction of them.

Can you cite the source for your new method?

@Jasonsith That is one of my oldest calculations, the source of the formula is me. But for this formula i applied Newton's Gravitational Laws to get it. I'm not going to lie, it was one of my oldest calculations about physics (I got a bit rusty since then but i'm getting into those calculations again). And i contrasted with Wikipedia's Energy Order of Magnitude and other science calculations for this energy for the Sun and Earth. I just remember what i used and the result, cause it is a long trench of calculations. In case you want to assure is mine i can show you i can integrate alone by showing you my last calculation for returning to my prior self in calculations:

This is my formula for getting the volume of a piece of sphere. This can be helpulfull for the calculation's group, so your team can keep it if want it:

To quote you:
L) CREATE, CONTRAST, USE AND EXPLAIN THE FORMULAS

- If you do this it will be easier for them to understand you and you will be able to calculate new things in the future.

- Avoid mistakes that make people not believe that what you are doing is real.

EX: I put a result that is correct but I don't explain how I got there. Social truthfulness? 0% surely.

@DontTalkDT , @Jasonsith , @KLOL506, @Dark-Carioca and @Antvasima sorry for the ping, i will post this night an updated version of the formula and it will have it's demostration at my VSBattle Wiki Blog. Just to ensure that i can do that kind of calculations and that can be calculated properly the binding energy of a planet or another spherical celestial body.

Finally i ended the demostration, now the results are in my VSBattle Wiki Blog:

Demostration of GBE of an spherical celestial Body

Minimum Energy then is:

E = ( 3 x G x M x M ) / ( 5 x R ) --> Assumes density is constant among the celestial body (Minimum energy)

NOTE:

The maximum was wrong, it is not ( 99 x G x M x M ) / ( 125 x R ) is infinite in "n=2,5".

@Antvasima @Dark-Carioca @Jasonsith @KLOL506 and @DontTalkDT

Well, it's been 24h hours with no answer from no-one besides Antvasima question, i guess i can start to believe that silence is some sort of answer. Thanks for your time and sorry for bothering you with showing proofs about the formula being right and additionally about i have the calculation level to prove it. I was planning to share formulas and demostrations with others, but seems it will end in a dead end. Thanks for your time and sorry if you are busy. I will keep my formulas and help just for me and my VSBattle wiki blog until someone could appreciate them without distrusting me even tho i proved they can be helpfull and proven matematically.

Note: Is sad, i was expecting to help the calculation group but if this goes this way i can't do much for help.

Have a nice day and a cordial salute.

Back