• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Energy from vehicular impacts?

If something gets hit by a car or a truck or something.... Well, we can find the Kinetic Energy, right? 0.5 * Mass * Velocity^2 as far as I know.

But what about when you want to know how much energy something received as a result of that vehicular impact?

Most things don't have the shape of a vehicle, for one. And speaking personally, I don't know HOW you would apply the force from the vehicular collision onto the object the vehicle hit.

How do I determine such information? Apologies for any bother.

Firstly, we're gonna have to find out how the final crash ends.

If it ends up with the car and the victim crashing into a wall, then the full KE of the car is used as dura. Otherwise, in case the guy is sent flying, we use the momentum formula to figure out the speed. This is what Kaltias told me.

We'll also have to take into account whether the guy braces or not.

Back