• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ender Dragon vs Warden

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, there is no Warden profile yet, but the result will be added when the profile is created. Who will win the battle? In the game, Warden can't damage ender dragon, but that's more of a game mechanic, I'm guessing?

battle location: superflat world

warden: 7 (Flashlight237,Moritzva, V999 , Dragonite007 , Peppersalt43 SuperDino85 FarerPurple)
dragon: 4 (@XVII, @GyroNutz, @TheGreatMaster12, @koopa3144)
incon: 1 ( @Acer__ )

warden-1.png

Last edited:
I'm voting for warden, he has more health (250 hearts) and does more damage (He does 22.5 hearts damage)
While Ender Dragon only has 100 hearts and deals 7.5 hearts of damage.

Ender Dragon is less damage per hit and more damage over time though. I straight up died from one dose of his acid breath cause I got stuck in it. When the ED approaches the ground is the Warden’s only window of attack (unless it also has a ranged attack I’m unaware of) but ED will still cough up acid like nobody’s business. Where is this fight gonna be located anyway? Cause if it’s in the end with active end crystals then Warden doesn’t really have a shot at all.

Well…looking like from the stats that were brought up, Warden only needs to hit ED 5 times, but to do that it needs to be able to hit ED to begin with, and endure through all that acid…

So probably Warden, VERY obnoxious dif, but honestly I’m just as tempted to say incon

Hmm... Tough call.

The Ender Dragon has a clear mobility advantage over the Warden. It would have Regen through the Ender Crystals, although it's not bodily regen; just HP regen. Problem is given location is a superflat, which is mostly empty AF, the Ender Dragon wouldn't have that. Kinda weird that the wiki doesn't account for macguffin reliance for abilities like regen, tho.

The Warden has everything else going for it. It's attack power is second only to a point-blank Creeper explosion, and it is the most durable mob in the game. It is largely hampered by it being blind, but it does have stereotypical blindness-based enhancements going for it, namely its enhanced sense of hearing and smell. It would give those within a 20-meter radius the Darkness effect, which... Well, apparently it gradually turns into a worse version of the Blindness effect: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Darkness

Of course it wouldn't matter to the Ender Dragon since it's immune to all status effects.

Oh, and the Warden has a powerful ranged attack. Here's an excerpt on it from the Minecraft wiki.:

"The warden's melee attack has a cooldown of 0.9 seconds and disables shields for 5 seconds. If the target is still in its search radius and on high ground or hiding behind walls, a warden can charge up a powerful sonic boom. Specifically, the warden can use the sonic boom if it has been 10 seconds since the warden detects or switches targets, it has been 5 seconds since the warden used a melee or ranged attack, and the target is within the sonic boom attack range of a 15 block horizontal radius and 20 block vertical radius. This guided attack directly attacks the target, passing through blocks and other mobs without damaging them. The warden takes 1.7 seconds to charge up, then unleashes the attack which instantly hits the target as long as the target is within attack range. The attack takes an additional 1.3 seconds to cool down before the warden can use melee attacks again for a total of 3 seconds. The sonic boom is visible with the formation of green-blue particles that are quickly projected out of the warden's chest. This attack bypasses shields, armor, enchantments, and even the wither armor of the wither. Only the Resistance effect can reduce this attack's damage."

It oddly enough bypasses most forms of durability, with only the Resistance effect standing a chance against it. Yeah, it has the ability to outright ignore durability; imagine that.

I think the Warden has this myself.

Hmm... Tough call.

The Ender Dragon has a clear mobility advantage over the Warden. It would have Regen through the Ender Crystals, although it's not bodily regen; just HP regen. Problem is given location is a superflat, which is mostly empty AF, the Ender Dragon wouldn't have that. Kinda weird that the wiki doesn't account for macguffin reliance for abilities like regen, tho.

The Warden has everything else going for it. It's attack power is second only to a point-blank Creeper explosion, and it is the most durable mob in the game. It is largely hampered by it being blind, but it does have stereotypical blindness-based enhancements going for it, namely its enhanced sense of hearing and smell. It would give those within a 20-meter radius the Darkness effect, which... Well, apparently it gradually turns into a worse version of the Blindness effect: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Darkness

Of course it wouldn't matter to the Ender Dragon since it's immune to all status effects.

Oh, and the Warden has a powerful ranged attack. Here's an excerpt on it from the Minecraft wiki.:

"The warden's melee attack has a cooldown of 0.9 seconds and disables shields for 5 seconds. If the target is still in its search radius and on high ground or hiding behind walls, a warden can charge up a powerful sonic boom. Specifically, the warden can use the sonic boom if it has been 10 seconds since the warden detects or switches targets, it has been 5 seconds since the warden used a melee or ranged attack, and the target is within the sonic boom attack range of a 15 block horizontal radius and 20 block vertical radius. This guided attack directly attacks the target, passing through blocks and other mobs without damaging them. The warden takes 1.7 seconds to charge up, then unleashes the attack which instantly hits the target as long as the target is within attack range. The attack takes an additional 1.3 seconds to cool down before the warden can use melee attacks again for a total of 3 seconds. The sonic boom is visible with the formation of green-blue particles that are quickly projected out of the warden's chest. This attack bypasses shields, armor, enchantments, and even the wither armor of the wither. Only the Resistance effect can reduce this attack's damage."

It oddly enough bypasses most forms of durability, with only the Resistance effect standing a chance against it. Yeah, it has the ability to outright ignore durability; imagine that.

I think the Warden has this myself.
Oh so not only does the warden have a ranged attack, but it’s a far more reliable one to ED’s acid breath. Terrifying

how tf are we supposed to beat that monstrosity? Mojang really out here throwing a guy with near wither HP and enough attack to overoneshot a naked player at us
Pretty sure they stated enough times that you're NOT supposed to fight him, and instead just avoid him.

Pretty sure they stated enough times that you're NOT supposed to fight him, and instead just avoid him.
that's the issue man, i don't wanna escape from my enemies, i want to mince them.

I guess the only option is making a pitfall with spikes, lure him/knock him into it and then wail on him with a flame bow.

i know about it, but do you really think its that useful? It's useful when you're trying to pillar up or when you're trying to run away. When the warden is trapped in a pit 7 blocks deep he ain't gonna be running after you and blasting apart your shield. All he's gonna do is try and shoot you and fail because you can just shoot him with a flame bow, unload some crossbows and go 5 blocks back to put arrows into your crossbows. You can also try and dodge the sonic booms.

i know about it, but do you really think its that useful? It's useful when you're trying to pillar up or when you're trying to run away. When the warden is trapped in a pit 7 blocks deep he ain't gonna be running after you and blasting apart your shield. All he's gonna do is try and shoot you and fail because you can just shoot him with a flame bow, unload some crossbows and go 5 blocks back to put arrows into your crossbows. You can also try and dodge the sonic booms.
Have you been able to dodge the sonic booms so far? Cause it hits instantly when it’s fired so dodging seems to be extremely hard, if not impossible. But if you somehow CAN dodge it then that would be a significant speed feat in the Minecraft verse.

I've created a Warden profile. In terms of power, it's far above the Ender Dragon, being canonically "unkillable" compared to the very much killable Ender Dragon in terms of what a late game Player can do. But the Ender Dragon can still win by staying out of the Warden's range (sonic booms have a 20m range) and lighting it up with acid breath. Realistically I don't think digging down would do the Warden any good either, since in a superflat world there's not much cover above bedrock.

ender dragon could just spam dragon breath and stuff tho

i'm leaning more towards ender dragon since well, warden couldn't do much to it

yes, I think dragon will win if it doesnt fly close to warden. It will take a very long time for dragon to kill warden. If we use HP, then dragon will need to hit Warden 83 times with a fireball

yeah, the acid would definitely hurt the warden

the dragon can just fly out of warden's range and spam his acid fireballs, which could kill him in a few minutes, since the warden can't dodge the projectiles, also he would be really damaged from the acid so there's that

the warden is only dangerous upclose or within it's sonic scream range, which is not even half of the ender dragon's range

so yeah, i'm leaning more towards the ender dragon overall

I think that after a few sonic shots, dragon will stop flying close to warden and start attacking from afar. But if you apply game mechanics, then of course dragon doesnt have such intelligence. But at the same time, according to gameplay, warden will not be able to damage dragon.
Huh, it's difficult

when the ender dragon lunges she yeets them away so it shouldn't be a problem, fall damage ftw
Realistically fall damage is game mechanics and the Warden won't be affected by a 9-B drop. If it even is affected by fall damage anyway, that is. But in those exchanges the Warden would only be able to get one or two hits off anyway. The Ender Dragon has the tools it needs to win (range, flight, dura-negging acid breath, damage reduction) but the question is whether it's intelligent enough to use those tools effectively.

Realistically fall damage is game mechanics and the Warden won't be affected by a 9-B drop. If it even is affected by fall damage anyway, that is. But in those exchanges the Warden would only be able to get one or two hits off anyway. The Ender Dragon has the tools it needs to win (range, flight, dura-negging acid breath, damage reduction) but the question is whether it's intelligent enough to use those tools effectively.
Probably not

the only reason the dragon keeps descenting is because of game mechanics

so by your logic the dragon should be intelligent enough to do that, if not, then fall damage damages warden

Well, the intelligence of the ender dragon is unknown

so by your logic the dragon should be intelligent enough to do that, if not, then fall damage damages warden

I'll vote for the icon, I'm not sure if the Ender Dragon is smart enough to be flying all the time and attacking fireballs, but I also don't think she is not going to realize that Warden can't attack her while she's flying

That's not my logic though. The Warden is provably strong enough to withstand any fall damage the Ender Dragon could make it take. However, we don't know whether the Ender Dragon would swoop down or not if it was not scripted to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back