• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Emrakul (Magic the Gathering) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Mythos)

They happen to both be in New York City at the same time.

They are dedicated to the death of their opponent.

Emrakul is in Bound/3-Dimension Shadow form.

Links to both characters:

Emrakul

Cthulhu

Emrakul's low-end interpretation has more raw power than Cthulhu's, but I don't see either putting the other down due to both having pretty solid forms of immortality.

You sure because Cthulhu is utterly outclassed in terms of abilities aswell and Emrakul has powers that can put Cthulhu down.

Emrakul's true form, yes. Its 3-D shadow, no. Stuff like the Eldrazi's All is Dust effect could wipe away Cthulhu's physical form, but as a Great Old One, only an insignificant portion of Cthulhu's form is matter. And if the core of Cthulhu's true form is native to another space-time continuum with vastly differing laws (as suggested in CoC), shadow Emrakul lacks the reach to dispose of Cthulhu, for good. Assuming the stars are right, Cthulhu will have a mobility advantage as well, and won't need to remain in any way corporeal. I don't see either putting the other down.

Doesn't the 'all is dust' effect erase things from existance? if so it may erase Cthulhu entirely just by interacting with his physical form.

If we take MtG cards at face value, then I should mention that there are cards capable of negating Regenerationn. Not sure to which degree, but I'd risk saying that it can neg Mid-Godly regen.

if something is exiled in mtg there are very few cards that can bring them back (processors, but only cast by your enemy, and karn come to mind).

Tusina said:
Pull from Eternity can get cards back from exile, but aren't cards just game mechanics?
Mostly, but they're still meant to represent something. For instance, Path to Exile works on Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre in the card game, but something similar wouldn't work at all in lore, as Ulamog is both from outside of and made of the antithesis of traditional existence, anyway. Still, while the interaction isn't legit, Path still represents wiping something from existence, just as Ulamog's Annihilator represents the fabric of a plane being shredded in its wake.

Basically, yes and no.

I see. Is there a list what different mechanics in cards represent? Also I am curious about indivual cards like Humility, Shared Fate and Panglacial Wurm, which have rather unique abilities. What does those cards represent? Also does land getting part of Path represent anything? Or Ulamog's graveyard shuffle part?

Back