• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elfen Lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
After watching / reading Elfen Lied, it's become obvious to me that our pages aren't great, mostly just due to a... lack of information or not great information.

I got some feats calced, so I'll be using that as a basis for some stuff.

Now:

• The Small Building level+ feat (0.14 tons of TNT) is from Lucy's childhood, before she was captured, and she has grown in strength since then (getting longer and more powerful Vectors as she's matured). However, the 9-A feat has longer vectors than normal and is similar to the 7-C feat, where Lucy hits her highest frequency and then nukes an island, so it's possible that this is just a particularly powerful moment of rage that doesn't scale to anyone. If that's the case, Lucy - and the other Diclonii that scale to her - should be 9-B (cutting entire crowds of people in half at once), and Lucy should be 9-A at her limit.
  • Mariko is currently Building level, and she shouldn't be. While she is stronger than Lucy, it's not incomparably so - and Lucy actually beat her and cut off her legs in the manga. She should be the same tier as Lucy, with her advantages being her longer range and higher Vector count.
  • Long Horns Lucy is not comparable to Mariko. Long Horns Lucy eviscerated three Mariko clones in quick succession without trying and blew apart their bodies by throwing small rocks at them. She is much stronger.
  • Final Lucy should be one tier. The Town level and "Country level" feats take place in the same form, as Lucy is rapidly pushing past her limits and constantly growing stronger. However, Country level isn't a sensible estimate for this; while there is a calc putting the force of the giant Vectors at High 6-A to Low 5-B, we don't exactly know their composition and DT brought up a good point in that they're just telekinetic manifestations, so we can't really quantify this. At least Town level, likely much higher would be best for now.
Other issues are more minor, such as the fact that the Diclonii's weaknesses are not sufficiently noted in their weaknesses (not being able to use their Vectors while in extreme pain, can be disabled by inhibiting their pineal gland, Lucy melting because of the energy produced by nuclear fusion, etcetera).

Some other calcs are forthcoming.

Lucy pushing her body beyond her bounds would be Island lvl at the least cuz the hands looked so freaking large. But yeah, agree with the upgrades.

Nice 9-A feat, so solid 9-A for Diclonii.

Of course, all the calcs will have to be checked before anything's concrete, but so far...

Currently, my suggested tiering:

A good and agreed upon estimate for the last feat would be appreciated.

I would assume killing every human would be comparable to killing a combined human, who was small town+ durability when it was around.

Yeah, but she wouldn't have done so instantly, she'd have done so by stretching her Vectors across the Earth and slicing apart every human she could get, and given what we saw her do, this would include destroying skyscrapers

It's not based off of statements it's based off of the visuals of her spreading across the world and destroying battleships and buildings. The proof really isn't important anyways since the feat is clearly much better than the 7-C one?

I think that Promestein's suggestions seem fine to apply.

Also, my apologies for not noticing this earlier.

Enough people seem to agree to go along with this soon, but I'd like to have this calc checked beforehand, just to make sure everything's fine.

You can politely ask some calc group members to evaluate the calculation via their message walls if you wish.

Bumping again. If no one really has any issues I'll just go ahead

Yeah I'll go ahead and perform these changes

One question: does this modification affect the validity of the two results?

Carnage vs Lucy (Tier 7 versions are used for both and speed was equalized)

Bug-Eaten vs Lucy (Base anime Lucy at 9-B was used. Both were 60 metres apart in Central Park and speed was equalized)

Standuser081 said:
Both are fine. But if you really wanna ask, go to the Versus Thread Requests Thread.
Both are concluded.

However, I just wonder if this would affect the above thread results given the OP is the one making the proposed changes.

I removed anime Lucy's key (but she'd be 9-A and Supersonic+ too).

The Carnage match is inaccurate and relies on stuff like Lucy having poor stamina (she doesn't) and Carnage being able to regenerate from being sliced to ribbons by someone vastly stronger than him (he can't).

So, if all the changes have been performed, should we close this thread?

I'll wait for them to respond.

Even if that's debatable I don't see why he wouldn't be destroyed by being repeatedly hit with a 74 kiloton+ nuclear explosion, which would certainly produce enough heat to destroy the Symbiote, let alone Cletus.

That seems... very inconsistent, given how severe Venom's weakness to heat is (even if he's built up resistance and even if Carnage is tougher).

I agree with Promestein.

We should probably close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back