• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elemental Manipulation Questions

I ask if Holy Manipulation falls under Elemental Manipulation because there are a few pages that are RPG-Based that have this with Holy Manipulation under Elemental Manipulation.

Not really, is not a real element, energy or matter, is more esoteric/conceptual than anything. Although, it can mix with Elemental/Energy Manipulation.

Antoniofer said:
Not really, is not a real element, energy or matter, is more esoteric/conceptual than anything. Although, it can mix with Elemental/Energy Manipulation.
So would it work as an element though if an RPG treats it as such?

It depends on the verse. Element isn't really an objective term when used in the sense of fire and water or whatever. If the verse has it as an element like that, it is, just like how Void Manipulation and such can fall under such categorization in certain verses.

I don't think RPG treat them explicitally as element manipulation, just as another type of damage (similar to poison, acid). Generally, HM is specially harmful to maleficent/demonic forces.

Different damage types are what elements are in rpgs and such though.

Antoniofer said:
I don't think RPG treat them explicitally as element manipulation, just as another type of damage (similar to poison, acid). Generally, HM is specially harmful to maleficent/demonic forces.
Not necessarily, as often in those kinds of games HM marges with Light Manipulation.

They could be called that way, but of conventional element have nothing, is not an state of matter, and isn't part of the fundamental measures.

Antoniofer said:
Not really in WoW for instance it's pretty literally another element.

Element already doesn't have any meaning beyond what the verse gives to it, if one's talking about the supernatural. It's not a constant category. It's like Magic or Reality Warping where it could be just about anything the writer wants it to be.

Welp, the typical elements generally refer to the state of matter: air = gas, water = liquid, earth = solid, fire = plasma. Yeah, few of verses uses measures them in a esoteric/conceptual way, but that is not standard, that is what I though when OP asked.

Personally, I wouldn't put a character under element manipulation when using holy manipulation, even if stated could be misleading.

Back