• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

I say just find someone dodging a golem arrow and we'll just use thst as a transonic speed justification. Lifting strength can be superhuman until we actually get something calced.

it's ironic that was tier 4 was looked on with a massive grain of salt, and now tier 4 is basically agreed on. also tier 3 has now taken the place of tier 4.

We didn't agree to anything. It's just that when one side goes away momentarily, it gives the impression that there is consensus.

The Tier 3 comes from me. It's half troll, because I obviously don't even think there is a Tier 4 and half serious because the justification for Tier 4 leads to Tier 3.

We didn't agree to anything. It's just that when one side goes away momentarily, it gives the impression that there is consensus.

The Tier 3 comes from me. It's half troll, because I obviously don't even think there is a Tier 4 and half serious because the justification for Tier 4 leads to Tier 3.
ellbe, it was actually me who suggested tier 3 in the first place and it's post 833 on page 8, and tier 3 is best taken with caution because we don't have very much lore around the elden Beast in the first place.

Last edited:
ellbe, it was actually me who suggested tier 3 in the first place and it's post 833 on page 8, and tier 3 is best taken with caution because we don't have very much lore around the elden Beast in the first place and the fact.
Yeah nah. Also Tier 4 isn't accepted, it's on hiatus due to Japanese translations shenanigans. Armorchompy's proposal specifically would kill off Tier 4 completely, even.

Tier 4 is accepted as a possibly, by the majority consensus of the thread and off the thread too, unanimous agreement isn't needed for consensus.

If Armor's proposal is solid enough to kill tier 4 and is seen as reasonable and doesn't require a bunch of unfounded assumptions, such as "they're small stars like in myths where it's just glowy lights and not real stars", then he can make a downgrade thread or whatever in the future and it'll pass

The stuff against tier 4 has been addressed multiple times, and resulted in the possibly rating being the most accepted, if you personally don't like what has been said in response, that doesn't mean others haven't accepted it

As for Japanese translations, the only relevant one is Ranni's dialogue which everyone can find with a Google search, and I've posted earlier along with the JP text, if you mean item descriptions, from people who have seen the JP descriptions, you're not getting anything out of it that we don't already have

oh ok, but there's something you missed. here's the description from Stars of Ruin, it says, "When Lusat glimpsed into the primeval current, he beheld the final moments of a great star cluster, and upon seeing it, he too was broken." it tells something important.

oh ok, but there's something you missed. here's the description from Stars of Ruin, it says, "When Lusat glimpsed into the primeval current, he beheld the final moments of a great star cluster, and upon seeing it, he too was broken." it tells something important.
Define Star Cluster.

Tier 4 is accepted as a possibly, by the majority consensus of the thread and off the thread too, unanimous agreement isn't needed for consensus.

If Armor's proposal is solid enough to kill tier 4 and is seen as reasonable and doesn't require a bunch of unfounded assumptions, such as "they're small stars like in myths where it's just glowy lights and not real stars", then he can make a downgrade thread or whatever in the future and it'll pass

The stuff against tier 4 has been addressed multiple times, and resulted in the possibly rating being the most accepted, if you personally don't like what has been said in response, that doesn't mean others haven't accepted it

As for Japanese translations, the only relevant one is Ranni's dialogue which everyone can find with a Google search, and I've posted earlier along with the JP text, if you mean item descriptions, from people who have seen the JP descriptions, you're not getting anything out of it that we don't already have
michael-scott-the-office.gif

How much LS would it take to pull the drawstring on that Bow?
A man recreated a pretty solid version of a Roman Ballista and has this as the draw weight
And finally, a couple of photos of the new Mk. X limbs sharing the full draw weight of 5,000 lbs.
From what I gather the standard ballistia bolt weight was like 1 kilogram or something and moves at 51.4 m/s

As a basic F = MA calc it would be like

• F = 1,000 kilograms * 343 m/s^2
  • F = 343,000 Newtons (Class 50)

A man recreated a pretty solid version of a Roman Ballista and has this as the draw weight

From what I gather the standard ballistia bolt weight was like 1 kilogram or something and moves at 51.4 m/s

As a basic F = MA calc it would be like

• F = 1,000 kilograms * 343 m/s^2
  • F = 343,000 Newtons (Class 50)
That's way better than nothing, especially since the Golems are pretty Fodder. They're basically just the top dogs of the Fodder since they're posted in a lot of the same places as other Fodder Soldiers, plus none of them are ever Boss Fights, so they would just be below the Tree Sentinels. That's how I see it at least.

That mean only speed that need to be addressed
Speed until someone calcs something like dodging lightning I guess. Based of my D&D calc from forever ago its probably just some degree of hypersonic though.

That's way better than nothing, especially since the Golems are pretty Fodder. They're basically just the top dogs of the Fodder since they're posted in a lot of the same places as other Fodder Soldiers, plus none of them are ever Boss Fights, so they would just be below the Tree Sentinels. That's how I see it at least.
I don't think it should be hard to calc. But to help out I got some pictures
I don't have the time to pixel calc it, but we have an accepted height here for the Tarnished and you can use that to get everything.

Eh, I did a basic one anyways

So completely ignoring the fins and the arrow head, the shaft has the following stats
  • 1.7538672067039107 * (683 / 571) = 2.09788319120625395464 meters
  • 2.09788319120625395464 * (1169 / 287) = 8.54503641296 meters
  • 1.7538672067039107 * (55 / 425) = 0.226971 meters
  • Volume = π * r^2* h
  • Volume = π * 0.1134855^2* 8.54503641296
  • Volume = 0.34573595077267 m^3
  • idk, using granite or something
  • 2,700 kg * 0.34573595077267 m^3 = 933.4870670862 kilograms / meters^3
  • F = M*A
  • F = 933.4870670862 * 343
  • F = 320,186.06401057 Newtons (Class 50)
If that looks vaguely good (it is a lowball though), someone can just copy paste it to a blog or something and make everyone "At least Class 50" for scaling to the Tarnished who can block hits from the Golems or something.

There is actually a golem boss fight in highroad cave (storm hill).

No, the Tier 4 advocates just superbly ignored the arguments against them before coming up like flowers with a "since we all agree".

Typically, making straw men out of "the anti-Tier 4 argument is that stars are small stars like in myths where it's just glowy lights and not real stars" when this argument has not, to my knowledge, been stated once.

Asking to set a Tier 4 ranking and then later to do a CRT against it doesn't make sense. Or rather its meaning is simply to play decay by counting on the weariness of the opponents.

No, the Tier 4 advocates just superbly ignored the arguments against them before coming up like flowers with a "since we all agree".

Typically, making straw men out of "the anti-Tier 4 argument is that stars are small stars like in myths where it's just glowy lights and not real stars" when this argument has not, to my knowledge, been stated once.

Asking to set a Tier 4 ranking and then later to do a CRT against it doesn't make sense. Or rather its meaning is simply to play decay by counting on the weariness of the opponents.
No, in fact each point you've made throughout the entire thread for any given rating has been addressed as there were issues with all of them. You did not like those responses and find them good enough and simply kept trying to shift arguments each time, but this does not mean the tier 4 advocates by any means ignored everything and said they agreed, otherwise it'd be a solid tier 4 without a possibly.

No, it has not been stated on the thread in specific, that's correct, it's not a strawman however

It does make sense, it makes infinitely less sense to try and get unanimous consent when there's some here, like yourself, who have made it clear you're vehemently opposed to all ratings no matter what evidence is given or what arguments are made against your points. At that point, the thing to do is go with what is decided by the majority on the thread, which is to include a possibly rating, and simply have a crt be made in the future if people have too many qualms with it, and have good enough reasonable arguments that people agree with them.

The people here have been debating this stuff for 10 pages in total, you can not honestly say everyone has ignored everything, that's disingenuous.

Last edited:
No, in fact each point you've made throughout the entire thread for any given rating has been addressed as there were issues with all of them. You did not like those responses and find them good enough and simply kept trying to shift arguments each time, but this does not mean the tier 4 advocates by any means ignored everything and said they agreed, otherwise it'd be a solid tier 4 without a possibly.

No, it has not been stated on the thread in specific, that's correct, it's not a strawman however

It does make sense, it makes infinitely less sense to try and get unanimous consent when there's some here, like yourself, who have made it clear you're vehemently opposed to all ratings no matter what evidence is given or what arguments are made against your points. At that point, the thing to do is go with what is decided by the majority on the thread, which is to include a possibly rating, and simply have a crt be made in the future if people have too many qualms with it, and have good enough reasonable arguments that people agree with them.

The people here have been debating this stuff for 10 pages in total, you can not honestly say everyone has ignored everything, that's disingenuous.
agreed, the japanese translations would be very helpful, but they aren't available right now due to the fact they are only available in Japan, which is annoying.

No, in fact each point you've made throughout the entire thread for any given rating has been addressed as there were issues with all of them.

If by "addressed" you mean "to express a disagreement" then certainly. But a little more than that is necessary.

I don't see the difference, but very well.

You don't say what you are talking about specifically. Ranni 4-A? Elden Beast 4-A ? Radahn 4-C? The "majority" is not the same for these three points.

But I'll apologize anyway because I misread: I missed the "possibly". I agree with a "possibly 4-C" or "possibly higher", depending on the wording and justification. I'm waiting to see the profiles on a case by case basis.

There's maybe this, at 1:50

There's also this one at 2:52 (though he doesn't really dodge)

I get the feeling the golem's arrows are not optimal for general speed scaling due to how slow the giants are when drawing the arrow and the linearity of the projectile, leaving time to position yourself out the line.

Basically, a case of aim-dodging.

I get the feeling the golem's arrows are not optimal for general speed scaling due to how slow the giants are when drawing the arrow and the linearity of the projectile, leaving time to position yourself out the line.

Basically, a case of aim-dodging.
I mean, you can also dodge them last second instead of getting out of the way by aimdodging, and this can be done mid combat with a large group, which likely means you're not focusing on the golem since you have to focus on not being smacked too, and just dodge the arrow as you see it coming

I'd personally just use Radahn's stuff though as said if someone wants to calc it, because it's visibly much faster than other arrows, and homes in so you can't aimdodge even if you want, you have to dodge last second. But in lieu of that, the golem one seems fine still, not really reliant on aimdodging when you can still dodge it if you notice it was fired while you're already busy doing something else and not focused on the golem's aim before it shot.

Found some interesting match , it make me think how strong truly is godfrey.
Godfrey is probably above, the guy slaughtered the Giants and their leader, defeated dragons, basically single-handly made Marika's empire what it was at its prime and he has almost zero mystical ability, he did that only with his raw strength. Radahn dreamed of imitating him after all

Back