• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

yeah so that those scrubs who've never expirenced getting one tapped by a boss like the good' ol ds1 days could stop complaining for a second
What, dark souls 1 is the game that is easiest to get extremely tanky throughout the entire series. Like you can get so tanky you can ladder kick a mid game boss to death. Especially in comparison to Elden Ring where everything does a cartoonishly monstrous amount of damage (really takes a lot out of the experience for me). I say this as someone who beat every game in the series including Elden Ring.

Though when I get back to the states I will definitely still check out the dlc. Just sounds like they triple downed on the insane damage though.

What, dark souls 1 is the game that is easiest to get extremely tanky throughout the entire series. Like you can get so tanky you can ladder kick a mid game boss to death. Especially in comparison to Elden Ring where everything does a cartoonishly monstrous amount of damage (really takes a lot out of the experience for me). I say this as someone who beat every game in the series including Elden Ring.

Though when I get back to the states I will definitely still check out the dlc. Just sounds like they triple downed on the insane damage though.
oh they did, the bosses are real strong I recommend tanking up, (my 60 Vig, 50% base defense boy could more or less tank most thing.

also I mean yeah you could get tanky in DS1 (mainly since poise was busted as shit back then) but playing a quicker build? yeah getting 1 tapped in the DLC was a common accurance.

I remember trying the dlc when I was just starting out too, Manus was strong then to me; I can first try him easily now. I just mean with how the base games are specifically design dark souls 1 isn’t really all that particularly hard outside of sin’s fortress while Elden’s difficulty feels a bit cheap with the damage. I know it actually comes from how awkward damage reduction was coded (from what I have seen from data rippers), but it sucks so much to have the enemies cool tricks be undercut by being evaporated by a poke.

I remember trying the dlc when I was just starting out too, Manus was strong then to me; I can first try him easily now. I just mean with how the base games are specifically design dark souls 1 isn’t really all that particularly hard outside of sin’s fortress while Elden’s difficulty feels a bit cheap with the damage. I know it actually comes from how awkward damage reduction was coded (from what I have seen from data rippers), but it sucks so much to have the enemies cool tricks be undercut by being evaporated by a poke.
dude I remember going through the DLC the first time, manus destroyed me, prior to the DLC for DS3 coming out I had him as the hardest Souls boss no question.

Manus was a boss that for the first five times I fought him (as in playthroughs) I found him nigh impossible. But after returning to dark souls 1 after beating the orphan of kos I finally got into the rythem with him and find him to not even be within the top 5. Outside of Elden ring the nameless king, Gael, and the dark souls 3 dlc dragon all take the 3 spots (mainly because they have an ungodly amount of health and I do not like setting up my build to do a crap ton of damage). Orphan was the same as Manus, hard as hell but can be parried and especially with the magic one.

Even though scaling is upped every NG+, the bosses feel easier. When I fought Manus for the first time, I was stressing out. When I fought him in NG+, he was easier than Gwynn (who's actually a hard boss if you don't cheese the shit out of him by parrying)

I meant playthrough as in different ng cycles, I have never actually played through a ng+ in any of the games (as all it does is make the bosses tanker and hit harder and nothing else). Maybe I should though as I have tried terraria master mode and the infernum mod and both of those are fun.

Marika herself didn't need a Lord to achieve godhood, the Divine Gate and whatever ritual she performed was enough. By having access to the Gate, Miquella had the possibility to do the same.
Also, yeah by the final boss Miquella is a god but that doesn't make him nigh-invincible. Marika was a goddess to, one strong enough that she was able to kill the Fell God in direct combat (at worst it was a lord, at best it was a manifestation of the god itself). None of that stopped the Elden Beast from beating the living shit out of her.
Its possible Marika's lord was Radagon. The Talisman of all Crucibles mentions Giants and Messmer/Melina being cursed fits with Radagon/Marika's other children. In my view Miquella needed Radahn because he wouldnt be enough to defeat Radagon/Marika on his own.

Its possible Marika's lord was Radagon. The Talisman of all Crucibles mentions Giants and Messmer/Melina being cursed fits with Radagon/Marika's other children. In my view Miquella needed Radahn because he wouldnt be enough to defeat Radagon/Marika on his own.
Don't think so. Radagon is recent figure in the LB. He only appeared long after Godfrey was banished and Marika was the ruler of the Golden Order, even if we go by the idea he never was a different person, he's never mentionned before the Liurnia invasion on Marika's order.
It seems more likely Marika performed a ritual involving tons of unknown people. The trailer shows the gate being made a raw red flesh and bodies, yet when you reach it the corpses are petrified after so much time. It's obvious to me that she accomplished something, likely a massive sacrifice or maybe killed the Hornsent themselves and used their lives to fuel her ritual and become a goddess. She might have even used the remains of her own people since the first image of the trailer has her pulling out golden hair out of some innards (because yes, this is clearly Marika at the beginning).

dude that village was really something
somber really damned somber
It's really perfect. Perfect example of "Show, don't tell". You find a mysterious message about shamans and then you have to use an emote to unlock a secret path that leads to a mysterious area. There's nothing except two Tree Sentinels patrolling, indicating the place was important to the royal family if they bothered putting two sentinels there. When you find the village, it's a peaceful, eerilie beautiful place in a colorful field. Then you find only two items and you read them. And it hits you. No dialogue, no NPC. Just the discovery and understanding of how significant this place is. And with only that, suddenly Marika, one of the most mysterious characters in Fromsoftware catalogue, gains new depths. A lesson in storytelling.

Since we're on Marika, here's an interesting thing to note.

The Numen, or "shamans" as they are referred to, had the ability to "meld harmoniously" with other living creatures, an ability the Hornsent coveted and abused in their attempts to "purify" the hornless members of their kinds and uplift them as "saints". This heavily implies that Marika and Radagon are not, in fact, the same person but two separate individuals who merged at Marika's behest.

Also, reading some stuff on TV Tropes, I found the page for the tropes associated with Radagon. I know it's TV Tropes and all but they have a pretty...interesting theory about Radagon. Simply put, "Radagon" never existed and was just one of Marika's disguise.

Here's the link if you're interested: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/EldenRingTheHouseOfTheErdtree

Don't think so. Radagon is recent figure in the LB. He only appeared long after Godfrey was banished and Marika was the ruler of the Golden Order, even if we go by the idea he never was a different person, he's never mentionned before the Liurnia invasion on Marika's order.
It seems more likely Marika performed a ritual involving tons of unknown people. The trailer shows the gate being made a raw red flesh and bodies, yet when you reach it the corpses are petrified after so much time. It's obvious to me that she accomplished something, likely a massive sacrifice or maybe killed the Hornsent themselves and used their lives to fuel her ritual and become a goddess. She might have even used the remains of her own people since the first image of the trailer has her pulling out golden hair out of some innards (because yes, this is clearly Marika at the beginning).
Radagon can't be recent since Marika, like Miquella, would need to rid herself of limitations to become a God. Radagon is her St. Trina, who would've came into existence whenever Marika ripped that part from herself. To add Radagon was around when Godfrey was a thing, since Godfrey only lost grace when the Golden Order conquered everything which could only happen after the Liurnian Wars. That doesn't mean Radagon is their father, since it could always be something else like the Fell God. But he would've existed since Marika became a god going by Miquella.

Radagon can't be recent since Marika, like Miquella, would need to rid herself of limitations to become a God. Radagon is her St. Trina, who would've came into existence whenever Marika ripped that part from herself. To add Radagon was around when Godfrey was a thing, since Godfrey only lost grace when the Golden Order conquered everything which could only happen after the Liurnian Wars. That doesn't mean Radagon is their father, since it could always be something else like the Fell God. But he would've existed since Marika became a god going by Miquella.
Forgot about Godfrey but I don't see him being there before Marika became a goddess. That's assuming they weren't different people originally, which the DLC hints at. Regardless, Marika became a deity by herself and without a lord. Miquella simply used a different method.

Forgot about Godfrey but I don't see him being there before Marika became a goddess. That's assuming they weren't different people originally, which the DLC hints at. Regardless, Marika became a deity by herself and without a lord. Miquella simply used a different method.
Where does the DLC hint that they were different? Radagon being a Marika offshoot is pretty heavily supported by St. Trina and Miquella in my view.

Where does the DLC hint that they were different? Radagon being a Marika offshoot is pretty heavily supported by St. Trina and Miquella in my view.
.The Numen, or "shamans" as they are referred to, had the ability to "meld harmoniously" with other living creatures, an ability the Hornsent coveted and abused in their attempts to "purify" the hornless members of their kinds and uplift them as "saints". This implies Marika and Radagon were indeed two different persons and merged later via Marika's abilities. There's also this dialogue in the base game where she mocks him for not being a god and a part of her yet. The flesh part could also be the reason why the royal family has the ability to merge with other lifeforms, like grafting or Rykard merging with the God Devouring Serpent after being eaten by it.

Alternatively, it could indeed be that Radagon is Marika's offshoot, they were separated for a time and then merged again.

Last edited:
.The Numen, or "shamans" as they are referred to, had the ability to "meld harmoniously" with other living creatures, an ability the Hornsent coveted and abused in their attempts to "purify" the hornless members of their kinds and uplift them as "saints". This implies Marika and Radagon were indeed two different persons and merged later via Marika's abilities. There's also this dialogue in the base game where she mocks him for not being a god and a part of her yet. The flesh part could also be the reason why the royal family has the ability to merge with other lifeforms, like grafting or Rykard merging with the God Devouring Serpent after being eaten by it.

Alternatively, it could indeed be that Radagon is Marika's offshoot, they were separated for a time and then merged again.
Miyazaki explicitly said in an interview that Empyreans have the ability to have multiple aspects, using Marika and Radagon as examples. Radagon has always been Marika, it is an aspect of the latter, and the Empyreans can separate themselves from this aspect and become one with it as proven by the cases of Marika/Radagon and Miquella/St Trina

Truly amazing. This is a huge number and it only just released a week ago.

******* hell
thats 200 million bucks, in a week.

at this point I am afeared by what from is going to do with all THAT money.

What sorta pain will they deliver to us next

(also since it is this profitable from might just do the next dlc a bit sooner, one can only hope)

Last edited:
FINALLY, SOMEONE PUT IT INTO WORDS.

This FEELING I was getting throughout the DLC and at the final boss.
The Divine Dancing Lion was feeding me my own teeth repeatedly until I realized that I can reliably frostbite it and that it's also weak asf to Burn O Flame and Flame of the Fell God due to both its huge size and overall weakness to fire. If I had run a glass cannon build I probably could've taken off 15-20% of its health per cast but I'm not that ballsy

How should I handle the difference between Lesser Runebears and the actual Runebear boss fight?
Probably just key with Tier differences. I don't recall off the top of my head what the Tier difference between early and mid game field bosses is, but their distinction is probably that, though one could argue that Greater Runebears are probably more akin to late game due to probably scarfing down a shitton of dragon hearts

MIYAZAKI PLEASE MAKE SEKIRO 2
or ya know:

2024-06-27_212023.png

this time on PC as well please.

Probably just key with Tier differences. I don't recall off the top of my head what the Tier difference between early and mid game field bosses is, but their distinction is probably that, though one could argue that Greater Runebears are probably more akin to late game due to probably scarfing down a shitton of dragon hearts
Well I mean there's only the one regular Runebear in the game, all the other ones are labeled as Lesser Runebears, and it's early in the game since you fight it in the Weeping Peninsula. I guess there's also the fact that it's carrying the Dragon Talisman that buffs defense so maybe we could put that in its equipment?

Something to know if you’re doing co-op. The summoner’s scadutree level overrides yours. So if you’re wondering why the boss you’re helping with is so much harder than in your world it’s likely that.

Kept getting killed cause the host usually had a low level and couldn’t really help.

Something to know if you’re doing co-op. The summoner’s scadutree level overrides yours. So if you’re wondering why the boss you’re helping with is so much harder than in your world it’s likely that.

Kept getting killed cause the host usually had a low level and couldn’t really help.
yeah figured it out on rellana, was taking slightly more damage then before and checked me stats

I feel like some of the soldiers would scale to or downscale from the lowest tier boss fights since some of them have good lore support as well as one of them literally being the tutorial boss.

Been on Radahn for quite some time now, I must be at my 12th attempt and succeeded at bringing him to his second phase thrice but he's far too strong. I also have a summon sign for Thiollier but for whatever reason, sometimes he doesn't even enter the arena and when he does, he arrives late and so can't provide enough help

Been on Radahn for quite some time now, I must be at my 12th attempt and succeeded at bringing him to his second phase thrice but he's far too strong. I also have a summon sign for Thiollier but for whatever reason, sometimes he doesn't even enter the arena and when he does, he arrives late and so can't provide enough help
Dunno how true this is considering I haven't used the summon signs for him or Ansbach, but I've heard and seen a lot of people say he seems to be bugged because the same things you described are happening to them or something similar (One streamer had him show up but just stand near the fog gate doing nothing twice in a row)

Back