• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

DTuW.gif

Okay I’m back. I’m only halfway through the DLC but so far it is amazing. Time will tell if it will surpass the Ringed City.

Main reason I came back was to talk about Igon. My new favourite npc. Props to the VA cause they put in so much work with that voice. “CURSE YOU BAYLE!”

Speaking of Bayle. Great boss both in fight and cinematic. The normal dragons were getting a bit stale but this really brought it back. Also now we know how Placidusax lost his heads. Midir is still my favourite but Bayle comes really close. Also I wonder if this is a Game of Thrones reference? Bayle the Dread is Balerion the Black Dread. Igon sounds like Aegon, Balerion’s rider.

Last edited:
While Messmer is cool and all, he doesn't really seem like all that compared to someone like Malenia or Radahn tbh. Like he just has flames and snakes. For a profile unless I'm missing something he's going to have so few abilities. Like i guess his snakes can let him quasi-teleport? They help extend his range i guess?

While Messmer is cool and all, he doesn't really seem like all that compared to someone like Malenia or Radahn tbh. Like he just has flames and snakes. For a profile unless I'm missing something he's going to have so few abilities. Like i guess his snakes can let him quasi-teleport? They help extend his range i guess?
Not all that in terms of presentation, abilities or potential scaling? His lore implies he's hella ******* powerful, especially in his Base Serpent Messmer form.

Yeah for scaling of course he's going to be up there as a demigod and with what's spoken about him, but like it feels like he'll mostly rely on AP in shit

Yeah for scaling of course he's going to be up there as a demigod and with what's spoken about him, but like it feels like he'll mostly rely on AP in shit
When you're the kind of skill monster that people like Messmer and his kin tend to be then it's forgivable, especially with access to power-ups and literal teleportation.

Outside of fire abilities (which would include explosions and AoE so shockwave inducement), I also intended to give him Weapon Creation since he can create spears from the ground, Summoning as he can make his spear appear in his hand again right after he threw it. Second phase would get Shapeshifting since he can turn into the Abyssal Serpent, animal manipulation since he can summon snakes to attack you, bodily weaponry with his fangs and jaws, breath attack by breathing fire and creating explosive orbs in its mouth and fire

That doesn't make the parry or dodge SoL/FTL. Its about how much distance they can move in the same timeframe. The weapons skill also specifies that only the downward swing is lightspeed "Assume a luminous form and leap forward to deliver a downward slash at the speed of light."
It's only a cap in travel speed. Also, the description of the Skill says that we go at this speed because we assume a light form, and this light form is Miquella's light. So Miquella's lights are lightspeed.

The base game already says that they are born from meteorites, and I mean, they are called "Fallingstar beast", their name already confirms that they come from space
While this is fair and true, I do think it is more supporting evidence on the fact there is apparently no lights from any stars as It is say “lightless” which stars are normally still showing light even in outer space.

Could been not been literal given there is a light/day cycle anyway

Man, Bayle was just built different.

The stone heart of a Dragon Communion priestess. Use while disrobed to turn one's human flesh into an ancient dragon. The change cannot be undone except by death. Using this heart while already transformed temporarily boosts incantations of the capital's ancient dragon cult. The priestess was once an ancient dragon herself, but sacrificed that form for feeble flesh to aid in the destruction of Bayle the Dread.

While this is fair and true, I do think it is more supporting evidence on the fact there is apparently no lights from any stars as It is say “lightless” which stars are normally still showing light even in outer space.

Could been not been literal given there is a light/day cycle anyway
Space is also called "darkness", "void", and "abyss" in ER.

NGL I find the remembrance bosses a bit underwheling. Base game remembrance bosses are far better imo.

Yeah. For example I didn’t like how Rellana had no lines despite being an important person in the lore. Like she’s Rennala’s sister who abandoned the Carian family to follow Messmer. You’d think she’d have more given to her, but just a wordless boss fight. A good one but still.

Yeah. For example I didn’t like how Rellana had no lines despite being an important person in the lore. Like she’s Rennala’s sister who abandoned the Carian family to follow Messmer. You’d think she’d have more given to her, but just a wordless boss fight. A good one but still.
Rellana is just random man, no dialogue lines, no cutscene. Completely optional as well. Scadutree Avatar, Gaius, Romina, Putrescent Knight, all of them are mid to bad. Base game has Radahn, Rennala, Maliketh, Placidusax, Mohg, Godfrey, Radagon, Elden Beast...

Last edited:
I mean that is just from soft DLC's most of the time, demon princes in DS3? this powerful being that has been hyped up since lorian beat it? done and gone, no lines, no further references just a beating and death, pretty much every none main boss in ds2 DLC's ect.

some bosses will not have massive bits of lore mainly due to them being just side pieces to the main plot.

If they could swing a sword a SoL they wouldn't need to become energy to do so.

I mean, same core issue. Even if they are SoL the PC still doesn't scale to them in a FTL capacity.
I'm not saying it's FTL (I don't know how to calculate feats so I'm not in the best position to say if it's FTL or not), I'm just pointing out that Miquella's lights are lightspeed, not just the Lightspeed Slash

Rellana is just random man, no dialogue lines, no cutscene. Completely optional as well. Scadutree Avatar, Gaius, Romina, Putrescent Knight, all of them are mid to bad. Base game has Radahn, Rennala, Maliketh, Placidusax, Mohg, Godfrey, Radagon, Elden Beast...
Disagree for Rellana, she's easily one of the best boss fights in ER to me, DLC and base game alike. Her OST is amazing, her design is great, her moves are awesome, she's very hard but still fair, awesome boss for me. Shame that she lacks any line or cutscene though

So today:

• I defeated Midra on my first try. The boss is a glass cannon, he hits hard but he's not that tanky, which is logical considering the character. Felt super creepy and inhuman, the fight is not among the best but it was still amazing. Frenzied Flame is definitely super terrifying and disturbing. To think he's only a failed Lord of Frenzy.
  • Defeated the Putrescent Knight, reached St Trina and completed Thollier's quest.
  • I wanted to do Ansbach's quest but I realized that since I killed him in the storehouse, then I failed. Shame, I liked the character and I wanted to have more of him.
  • Finally defeated Messmer (wiith Hornsent and a summon, the Dung Eater). The fight is honestly amazing, easily one of the best from a Fromsoftware game I've played (okay, I've only played ER and Bloodborne and barely began DS but still). It felt like Malenia but done right. He hits absurdly hard, he's phenomenally fast, his behavior is unpredictable but it's still fair, you can learn from him and plan around him. His OST is phenomenal, genius music. Second phase is pure nightmare in terms of scenery and difficulty but it only makes the fight more frantic and intense and I love it.
  • Reached Enir Ilim. The city is beautiful and has a very unique style. Leyndell, Royal Capital is still above though. By far.

I'll try to collect the last items for upgrades for me and my summon and reach the Divine Gate tomorrow. Just for fun, I'll try Radahn & Miquella. I'll probably get obliterated, I've heard they might be one of the most if not THE most difficult boss ever made by Fromsoftware, which considering their track record is pretty insane and makes me shiver. But hey, last time I said to myelf "Hey, why not? I'm not ready and I'll get vaporized but let's have fun", it was for Lady Maria and I defeated her on my third try so who knows?

Last edited:
Decided to help out other players with beating some of the more difficult bosses. Since the DLC recently came out summoning players is much faster with it taking me usually less than a minute to be summoned.

Should Fortissax have two keys when he eventually gets a profile? One before Godwyn's Death and one after Godwyn's Death when he becomes the Lichdragon?

Can we talk about how no matter what happens, Miquella is basically doomed to fail I mean, think about it. If you've already beaten the main story, Miquella's "Age of Compassion" will never get off ground seeing as how the Tarnished either burned down the Lands Between (Lord of Frenzied Flame) or became Elden Lord as consort to either Marika (Age of Fracture/Order/Duskborn/Blessing of Despair) or Ranni (Age of the Stars). And if even you haven't, the Tarnished still fights and kill both him and Radahn, rendering all his plans and efforts for nothing. What's particulary ironic is that Miquella never attempts to give you the choice of siding with him, he automatically jumps to "kill you/brainwash you" as his only options, meaning you will obviously fight back, and there's no option to side with him anyway. So the only thing that can happen in the end is you killing him and Radahn. Regardless, he's screwed

Can we talk about how no matter what happens, Miquella is basically doomed to fail I mean, think about it. If you've already beaten the main story, Miquella's "Age of Compassion" will never get off ground seeing as how the Tarnished either burned down the Lands Between (Lord of Frenzied Flame) or became Elden Lord as consort to either Marika (Age of Fracture/Order/Duskborn/Blessing of Despair) or Ranni (Age of the Stars). And if even you haven't, the Tarnished still fights and kill both him and Radahn, rendering all his plans and efforts for nothing. What's particulary ironic is that Miquella never attempts to give you the choice of siding with him, he automatically jumps to "kill you/brainwash you" as his only options, meaning you will obviously fight back, and there's no option to side with him anyway. So the only thing that can happen in the end is you killing him and Radahn. Regardless, he's screwed
I don't actually know about that, the way we become elden lord is through union with a god (marika) and gain their power through the elden ring, miquella has attained godhood without the two fingers or any outer god that we know of and he already got himself a lord to lead the charge (radahn) so it would be more so the lands between with us at the helm powered up by the whole of the elden ring vs miquella and radahn with the land of shadows at their back I mean looking at how the fight with us and them ended without us having the power of the elden ring, their chances of victory against us are slim but hey there is a chance they pull some shit (and if we didn't kill malenia she might also join in against us which will improve their chances somewhat)

But hey the age of brainwashing is not exactly my notion of a good time so its good that our character is busted to hell and back.... plus we all know that the best ending is the LORD OF FRANZY BAAAABY AND THE LANDS BETWEEN AGREEE
c58.jpg

I just wasted my whole weekend playing the rest of the DLC. I've absorbed every ounce of content that I am aware of in the DLC and the only thing left to achieve is beating Consort Radahn. And after that I'll be back to basically having no new content in ER. Sadge. Also sadge that I didn't do pretty much a single other thing in my weekend but sacrifices must be made sometimes. It has flaws but the DLC is still amazing. Again, the only major gripe I have is a mediocre ending. Like you just kill Radahn and Miquella and get like a 10 second cutscene of Miquella talking to Radahn in the darkness? Lame. But it is what it is at least we got a bunch of goated boss fights and more lore expansion.

If I were to rank all the main boss fights from best to worst, in my opinion of course, and just gameplay not taking story into account;

Consort Radahn (genuinely a top-tier boss fight and probably the hardest I've had in video games since Sans back in 2016, amazing cutscenes, music, and holy shit his aura is supreme, I love that his first phase moves are VERY similar to base game Radahn but different enough that it doesn't feel like the same fight even remotely, and second phase is just perfect, especially the Miquella grab attack with the unique death animation, story wise I still think it was strange but otherwise it's genuinely top 5 fav ER bosses) 10/10

Messmer (good cutscenes, love the setting, love his vibe and his voice, good theme, and man the design is so good, both in terms of Messmer and his attacks. I have some problems with it but VERY good boss fight) 9.5/10

Midra (great cutscene and voice acting, the boss design is absolute fire, pun completely intended, and his attacks are clean, not to mention the way he moves around is perfect for the character, but the boss arena is kinda trash tbh, and not counting this in the ranking but getting to him was the pinnacle of unfun in ER) 9/10

Bayle (no voice or cutscenes or anything but even without that the absolute aura of this boss is insane, the music is genuinely AMAZING, the arena is solid, and oh my god that phase transition is probably in my top 3 favorite's for ER when excluding cutscene transitions, it's close to Radahn Meteor for me, only had a minor problem with some of the attacks) 9/10

Rellana (sadly no dialogue or cutscene but the music is great, the arena is fine, and holy hell the boss design is amazing, no really I love her attacks and how she moves around, it reminds me of Malenia but even more graceful, the way Rellana dances like a ballerina as she kicks your ass is perfection, and my GOD her second phase attacks are great, I really wish they gave her more and it'd easily jump her up to 10/10) 9/10

Dancing Lion (amazing cutscene, wonderful theme, good arena, god-tier design, great attacks, all around a really good boss fight) 8/10

Romina (Nice theme, good arena, good design, solid attacks but mostly carried by good VFX, personally not a big fan of her but I couldn't call her bad, just not my cup of tea) 7/10

Metyr (no dialogue or cutscene, music is good, arena is good, design is...something, hey a point for variety at least, the attacks are pretty good, especially the black hole one, a fine boss but she could've been a lot better) 7/10

Putrescent Knight (Liked it more than Romina tbh but from a more objective perspective it's definitely not as good. It's mostly carried by its design for me, but the attacks were mid and it spammed a lot, the arena was mid, the theme was kinda mid, etc.. It wasn't bad by any means but nothing to write home about either) 6.5/10

Scadutree Avatar or whatever it was called (Meh, tbh didn't even feel like a Remembrance boss very much to me, I liked the gimmick but it was kinda lame by ER standards, for such an important enemy) 6/10

Overall, the bosses ranged from "Passable"-"Perfection" for me.

/SPOILER]

Overall going back to my original rant about the ending and Miquella's story, I'd still rate the DLC an 8/10 overall. But it varies when I split it into different aspects. There are great things about it and bad things about it. Exploration was a real pain from time to time, I literally had to look up guides for some things because I GAVE UP looking for something, and then there's the whole thing I mentioned before about a relatively lackluster story and ending, some of the bosses had some cheese in them here and there, and a lot of the new high-level gear and incantations are pathetically weak. I got the Fleeting Microcosm incantation and it's pathetic.

I could mention a few other issues but those are pretty much the main ones. When I had a good time, I had a REALLY good time, when I had a bad time, made me wanna get off and come back later, and I'm not talking about challenging bosses.

I don't actually know about that, the way we become elden lord is through union with a god (marika) and gain their power through the elden ring, miquella has attained godhood without the two fingers or any outer god that we know of and he already got himself a lord to lead the charge (radahn) so it would be more so the lands between with us at the helm powered up by the whole of the elden ring vs miquella and radahn with the land of shadows at their back I mean looking at how the fight with us and them ended without us having the power of the elden ring, their chances of victory against us are slim but hey there is a chance they pull some shit (and if we didn't kill malenia she might also join in against us which will improve their chances somewhat)

But hey the age of brainwashing is not exactly my notion of a good time so its good that our character is busted to hell and back.... plus we all know that the best ending is the LORD OF FRANZY BAAAABY AND THE LANDS BETWEEN AGREEE
c58.jpg
Marika herself didn't need a Lord to achieve godhood, the Divine Gate and whatever ritual she performed was enough. By having access to the Gate, Miquella had the possibility to do the same.
Also, yeah by the final boss Miquella is a god but that doesn't make him nigh-invincible. Marika was a goddess to, one strong enough that she was able to kill the Fell God in direct combat (at worst it was a lord, at best it was a manifestation of the god itself). None of that stopped the Elden Beast from beating the living shit out of her.

Patch came out today:

Besides the graphic fix, seems they decided to rework the blessings a bit. Probably due to everyone saying the DLC was too hard.

Patch came out today:

Besides the graphic fix, seems they decided to rework the blessings a bit. Probably due to everyone saying the DLC was too hard.

eh it only gives ya an extra 5% damage at the final 20th blessing and flips the curve of its scale so that most of the big buffs are now at the first 10 instead of the last 10

Back