• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Now the fun part is figuring out where the **** the DLC would scale.

Technically it's higher leveled than the Base game, but I'm sure we wouldn't just say every boss scales to God tier stats.

Amd similarly, where would base game stuff scale considering some of the DLC stuff

Technically it's higher leveled than the Base game, but I'm sure we wouldn't just say every boss scales to God tier stats.

Amd similarly, where would base game stuff scale considering some of the DLC stuff
At the very least it's post Mohg since beating him is one of the requirements

You need to beat Radahn and Mohg. Technically you CAN access Mohg early even if it's not recommended since you'd be very underleveled.

Honestly I just want a way for my boy Blaidd to somehow scale to unga bunga stats like whatever the **** the minj universe creatiom gets and ftl

The final boss is the only way to scale back to the base game.

Looks like ya'll caught up now yeah stuff be crazy. I still think the whole Miquella story could've been a lot better but I've gotten over it. The DLC is still great.

How big are these mini universes btw?

Also in terms of where the DLC scales, definitely around Mid Game or Post Leyndell Tarnished I'd say?
Tiny, well a few times bigger than the player Tarnished but small relatively. It specifically summons an
image of a microcosm
according to the description.

Actually I'm not sure if they are mini universes. They certainly seem to be implying such with the stars and nebulae you can see in the things, but it could just be nothing or more support for 4-A. A microcosm isn't a small universe inherently at least by definition. Might also be black holes or at least Metyr can create one herself. Either way I think cosmic ER has more supporting it.

I'll still check the japanese if I can find it though

Looks like ya'll caught up now yeah stuff be crazy. I still think the whole Miquella story could've been a lot better but I've gotten over it. The DLC is still great.

Tiny, well a few times bigger than the player Tarnished but small relatively. It specifically summons an
image of a microcosm
according to the description.
Hmmmmm. I'll try find it later. At minimum, sounds like At least 4-A?

This would potentially upgrade the Prime Radahn/Malenia tiers to straight up 4-A I think

We should also take a look on the dragon lore and find a way to scale them to something as well.
Placidusax should scale to the other Elden Lords at the very least since he is one, I just wish we could've seen him in his prime with all of his heads intact. You think we can make a key for that like we have for Radahn?

hey got to the final boss, 6 ******* HOURS MAN!

I mean the boss is great like legit 10 out 10 material but **** me doing this solo is a task and a half

Like I actually started sweating, no joke I think my brain got so heated that I started heating up across my whole body, christ!

oh also that little statement a few months back of the "the DLC is about the size of limgrave" turned out to be bullshit that thing is like half the size of the main world map, I set down 2 days ago and though I could run through it within the day maybe end it on the second, I just got to the final boss this bloody map is massive.

Yeah the final boss I've seen people take hours on, even veteran souls players or just skilled plahers in general. It's actually insane. Everyone kinda unanimously agreed it's the hardest boss Fromsoft has ever made.
BY FAR MAN.

I've beaten midir on my 8th try

I've beaten gale on my 6th

beaten the orphan of kos on my 4th

it took me 2 hours to beat melenia with my strength build

I am at six hours on this one and I ain't even done, I am going to sleep and hopefully beat it in the morning cuse holy ******* shit.

Yeah ngl Orphan of Kos has a bit too much hype. It's for sure tough, but the fact it can be easily visceraled by someone like me who's not really all that great at timing shit like that in general is crazy. I did still take a while on it, but it didn't feel uber hard or unfair. He has relentless attacks that leave pretty clear openings and it's not like he's all that hard to dodge. You can get the hang of him pretty quickly generally. He's not all that different from ER bosses in that way. Second phase is definitely more crazy, but still nothing too bad. Like I said, I was trying to parry him so I often died trying to get off the timing. I think I tried him again just actually attacking with a weapon and it still didn't feel too bad. I also had a very bad build I did NOT minmax and I'm pretty sure I did NG+ whatever cause i was not making a new character to do the DLC.

Malenia wouldn't be bad if the waterfowl wasn't so highly specific in what you need to do to dodge it perfectly and if she didn't heal from every hit. Once you get the hang of waterfowl the first phase is basically nothing. Second phase she's more aggressive but still has the same attacks save for the flower bomb dive which is super easy to dodge and is a good time to punish especially in mage builds or long range and the clones but also that buildup of Scarlet Rot can be a pain if it procs (I've never gotten it while fighting her)

Yeah ngl Orphan of Kos has a bit too much hype. It's for sure tough, but the fact it can be easily visceraled by someone like me who's not really all that great at timing shit like that in general is crazy. I did still take a while on it, but it didn't feel uber hard or unfair. He has relentless attacks that leave pretty clear openings and it's not like he's all that hard to dodge. You can get the hang of him pretty quickly generally. He's not all that different from ER bosses in that way. Second phase is definitely more crazy, but still nothing too bad. Like I said, I was trying to parry him so I often died trying to get off the timing. I think I tried him again just actually attacking with a weapon and it still didn't feel too bad. I also had a very bad build I did NOT minmax and I'm pretty sure I did NG+ whatever cause i was not making a new character to do the DLC.
I honestly was the perfect counter to the damned thing, I was at level 130 NG+ with an arcane build (moonlight great sword for the win BB) and had the ash witch armor on but due to my solid reaction time I was basically parrying the damned thing left right and center (something I am doing to THE BOSS right now but I can just about keep up with its speed getting those parries is proving difficult (although I almost won like 3 times but hey)) and combined with my pretty high damage output I cooked him pretty quick
Malenia wouldn't be bad if the waterfowl wasn't so highly specific in what you need to do to dodge it perfectly and if she didn't heal from every hit. Once you get the hang of waterfowl the first phase is basically nothing. Second phase she's more aggressive but still has the same attacks save for the flower bomb dive which is super easy to dive and is a good time to punish especially in nage builds or long range and the clones but also that buildup of Scarlet Rot can be a pain if it procs.
The one thing that malenia really has that makes her for me at least truthfully difficult is the healing ( I mean I have got her moveset down o a point where I legit solo'd her for a co-op buddy before on a number of occasions but still)

also yet again the DLC is massive
here is a low quality pick of it layered over the main map
2024-06-23_234035.png

It takes up 60% of the damned map, bloody hell, "size of limgrave" my ass its near the size of the main game.

I've completed all of the DLC, but haven't gotten all the items yet. For scaling my idea is probably:
  • Radahn / Miquella = 4A = Miquella ascends in the same process how Marika ascended to become God. In addition it looks like he's constantly boosting Radahn with his holy power. Considering he can usher in a new age I'd be fine with scaling them to the Greater Will
  • Messmer = He's at least 4-C considering you battle him after Mohg and Radahn. I'm not sure he's 4A though. The hardest part will always been determining when this DLC is supposed to happen, since there's dialogue that can change depending on if you fought Dragonlord Placidusax or not, meaning this could be post-Farum Azula but pre-Radagon which makes things weird
  • Bayle fought a prime Placidusax. So if nothing else his pre-injury key would be 4-A
  • The microcosmum wouldn't have 4-A justification afaik. Its why Bloodborne got nerfed to 5-A. You have to prove that they're channeling 4-A levels of energy for it to actually be 4-A
  • Unsure about FTL/SoL at the moment. I would have to see the quote in full.
For the DLC I really liked it. I only had one game stopping boss in Radahn/Miquella and I just couldn't beat them. I ended up giving up my build and going with Fingerprint Shield + Mohg Spear and just stabbing him to death. I won but it was a lame way to win.

From what I got this is the lore:
  • The Fingers are all fake basically. The Greater Will is the Capital G "God" but after making the universe it only talked to the Mother of Fingers once and then never again. So everything related to the Fingers is actually entirely misdirected. Meaning that Ranni and Marika were both right to hate the Fingers 100%, since they're not even the voice of the GW but making up random messages
  • Mohg has beaten the allegations. He was mind controlled the entire time
  • I don't know what deal Miquella made with Radahn, but my initial reading I think Radahn went back on it. Freyja says that he'd love to fight forever, but not only does that not make any sense for Miquella plan, but Jerren (who was Radahn's actual friend) would disagree pretty heavily. We also never hear if Radahn accepted Miquella's request. Whatever deal was made, it seems like Radahn backed out of it, which is why Malenia was sent to Caelid. She was intending to kill Radahn or at least incapacitate him so Miquella could get him to fulfill the vow. When Malenia failed, Miquella had to do some convoluted plan with Mohg and the festival so he could get someone to kill Radahn, then kill Mohg and change Mohg's body to Radahn so he could have his lord.
  • Marika comes from the Shaman village in the Northeast. Her people were put into jars by the Hornsent (seemingly) and the surface Numen were heavily discriminated against. Marika, being led by the Two-Fingers, did some arcane ritual on Enir-Ilim to ascend to Godhood. This may have involved killing the rest of her people (which was the original sin) or something else freaky, but the end result was that after that point she went on a genocidal crusade and on the Hornsent and eventually banned all Omens. Additionally this is probably why she removed the Rune of Death, since she didn't want to lose anyone else.
  • St. Trina is the cast off parts of Miquella and exists as his female other half. Reading this, I wanna say Radagon was made in the same way. So he's the unwanted parts of Marika formed into a living thing, likely the Giant Curse + Golden Order loyalty that Marika grew distant to. Its also why later on they could fuse, since they are the same person but with the traits split between two personalities.
TL;DR Miquella is yandere

Stuff I don't know:
  • I still don't get who Messmer and Melina's father is. I'm thinking a Divine Serpent but I'm not actually sure. If it was, it would explain why Rykard went that path better but that still wouldn't explain why Melina is a ghost.
  • At the top of the suppressing tower, it states that the tower is in the center of the Land Between, which implies to me that originally the Shadowlands was the location in-between Altus and Limgrave before Marika did some weird spell stuff to physically move the area to another dimension. Though the maps don't line up exactly and I'm not sure how she actually performed that feat.

Are black holes able to give us an AP yield via creation? Cause Metyr certainly looks like she makes one.

Also, the FTL/SoL comes from literally dodging lasers from those rock guys in the DLC and attacks that utilize light as well as Radahn's sword (the light version specifically if you need to find it or maybe I can) having the special skill of literally moving at the speed of light.

Are black holes able to give us an AP yield via creation? Cause Metyr certainly looks like she makes one.
Blackholes are only AP if they can be proven to function like a real black hole. Additionally she doesn't really make one, she uses her microcosom orb and changes it according to the Remembrance Weapon: "Staff fashioned from the tail-fingers of Metyr, the Mother of Fingers, and the microcosm raised aloft over the crux they form."

So I don't think it qualifies as a Tier 5-4 feat.

Also, the FTL/SoL comes from literally dodging lasers from those rock guys in the DLC and attacks that utilize light as well as Radahn's sword (the light version specifically if you need to find it or maybe I can) having the special skill of literally moving at the speed of light.
I can get the 4-A scaling since Radahn has a hard SoL statement, but the rock lasers are pretty weak evidence wise in my view. Also I don't think they would be FTL, since the PC moves slower than the move. It could give Rel scaling though.

Back