• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elaine Belloc revisions (DC comics)

Catzlaflame

Ephemeral Thoughts
He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Revising DC pages until I hit 50 pages, pt 2: Elaine Belloc.

Abilities:​

No scans on the page so if I list something that’s already on the profile, it’s me justifying it not proposing it.

Summoning: can summon spirits (Lucifer 4)

Retrocognition: Can look into the past to see Mona’s murder scene (Lucifer 4)

Enhanced Senses: Can “hear cancer” and can see dead people which are noted to be spiritual entities(Lucifer 4)

Mind manipulation: Can read people’s minds(Lucifer 4)

Limited Power Bestowal: Touching her hand can grant people the ability to see Spirits (Lucifer 12)

Intangibility: She can leave her Physical being and manifest as a spirit (Lucifer 15)

Flight: Self explanatory (Lucifer 15)

Aura: Self explanatory (Lucifer 21)

Conceptual manipulation (Type 3): For context, Lucifer told Elaine to remove all of the immortal beings inside his version of creation. So Elaine removed the concept of immortality from one of the immortals. (Lucifer 46)

Water manipulation: she parted a giant lake (Lucifer 44)

Weather manipulation: Her being angry affected the world in the form of altering the weather (Lucifer 47)

Biological manipulation: created a flying horse(Lucifer 49)

Life Manipulation: Created life in her world (Lucifer 58)

Portal creation: She can make gates which are portals (Lucifer 58)

Subjective reality: the entire system of creation is maintained by her will (Lucifer 69)

Time manipulation and Memory manipulation:To the child of the Basanos, she “rewinds their time” for lack of better words, removes their memories, and nullifies their powers (Lucifer 69)

BFR: she moves Jil from Hell to New York City (Lucifer 69)

Existence Erasure: erases this monster (Lucifer 74)

Technology Manipulation: Controls a clock, making it look as though the time was not as late as it was(Lucifer 74)

Immeasurable/Infinite:​

Most high tier vertigo speed justifications on the DC pages are nonexistent, like the ratings are literally just there. While with Elaine she’s omnipresent, as it’s noted on her profile, she’s omnipresent only when she wants to be.

Option 1: Infinite speed—

In the Lucifer comics when Yahweh’s WORD stopped holding the pieces of creation together, Creation was going to collapse. So Elaine along with some others, physically “grabbed” the “edges” of the gate and pulled it across all of creation (Lucifer 69) then later on in the issue the distance that she traveled “pulling” the gate across all of Lucifer’s cosmos was stated to be infinite (Lucifer 69) There is no statement that it took her an infinite amount of time, and we can logically conclude it definitely did not take her infinite time as according to Lucifer Creation would only last a few days after Yahweh’s WORD disolved (Lucifer 49)

Admittedly, Michale did try to fulfill Yahweh’s role himself but this was only temporary so it did not have an affect.

Option 2: Immeasurable speed—

Yea this won’t get accepted.

First, note the existence of the soft spaces, there is not much explained about it but it is a place where “time and space flow like water” (Lucifer 56)

In the soft spaces there is The Barrowjane a creature which can travel through time, this statement (Lucifer 57) and the entire arc, make that pretty obvious. Now, I think the Barrowjane traveling through time is physical movement, not time travel for 2 reasons. One being that, its Time Travel comes from following Krill, microscopic animals, and physically eating them to make a path that allows it to travel in the future(same scan), and Two because in this statement(Lucifer 56) it’s stated that the Barrowjane’s Time travel is “Movement in no direction I could define”

So immeasurable via physical movement into the future, and I was thinking maybe we could give a “Possibly immeasurable” rating for god tiers in Vertigo era DC through upscaling via being ridiculously above the other characters. Honestly not a solid argument but it’s better than giving them immeasurable for literally no reason.

Last edited:
Everything looks fine, although I’m not really sure what to think of the speed stuff.

Also is Elaine meant to have transduality? I see her as one of the examples on the transduality page but I don’t see the ability on her profile.

Last edited:
Also is Elaine meant to have transduality? I see her as one of the examples on the transduality page but I don’t see the ability on her profile.
Probably was meant to be added but was forgotten. Ig she’d probs get it tho, off the top of my head and like I mentioned in some previous thread, there’s mention of Yahweh’s “plan” encompassing Life and Death (Lucifer 37) Life and death being a duality. And this would apply to Elaine for becoming Yahweh I guess

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out. You are likely correct about immeasurable speed.

Gonna do a bullet point list for what I have issues with, the rest if fine to me.

• I'd swap Summoning with Necromancy, add Astral Projection alongside Intangibility and swap Life Manip with simple Creation
  • The Kirlian Aura is an electric phenomenon that exists in real life, not a superpower
  • Biological Manip needs more scans
  • Not sure on subjective reality (not that I ever got the clear distinction between it and similar powers), it seems just her commenting on her ability to warp reality. Also, that scan also shows Cosmic Awareness.
  • Age Manip works better than Time Manip
Can't really comment of speed, at a first glance seems fine, but I'm not the best to ask to.

I mean...Elaine should have immeasurable speed regardless because she's comparable if not superior to Lucifer who transcends distance and time
If your taking about Ultima’s post on that it’s from 2019 lol, the qualifications for immeasurable have since changed a lot and trancending time/distance is not enough for immeasurable.

Okay. Tell us here when you are done please.

If your taking about Ultima’s post on that it’s from 2019 lol, the qualifications for immeasurable have since changed a lot and trancending time/distance is not enough for immeasurable.
Wait actually…immeasurable is movement beyond linear time and lucifer with his wings fits exactly that. Or am i missing something

Wait actually…immeasurable is movement beyond linear time and lucifer with his wings fits exactly that. Or am i missing something
By our standards, Movement beyond linear time =\= Transcending time. What the page means by “movement beyond linear time” is physically moving forward or backward in time (without hax, only raw speed)

if “Tranceds time” were enough for immeasurable. We would have millions of immeasurable characters.

Back