• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics ~ Vertigo: Revising God tiers’ speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we accept crossing infinite distance as infinite speed
unless it takes infinite time or smth
It's not infinite speed. When Elaine travels through the physical spaces of the 3-D Univeeses she traveled through all of them simultaneously as we see in the art her wings across each reality as mentioned. Then the realms which do not have the same “time” and are of a different part happened to not be physical and Elaine managed to travel at “distance” with no measurement of time.

She could very well travel through entire multiple systems while holding the halo of light that resolved Yahweh’s, Lucifer’s, and her Creation all at the same time it took. She passed through three Creation all at the same time where there's no time to distinguish how long it took and in some parts beyond the 3-D space-time continuum.

It's not infinite speed. When Elaine travels through the physical spaces of the 3-D Univeeses she traveled through all of them simultaneously as we see in the art her wings across each reality as mentioned. Then the realms which do not have the same “time” and are of a different part happened to not be physical and Elaine managed to travel at “distance” with no measurement of time.

She could very well travel through entire multiple systems while holding the halo of light that resolved Yahweh’s, Lucifer’s, and her Creation all at the same time it took. She passed through three Creation all at the same time where there's no time to distinguish how long it took and in some parts beyond the 3-D space-time continuum.
ok then
why do you think immeasurable speed should stay

is it the barrowjane feat orr

ok then
why do you think immeasurable speed should stay

is it the barrowjane feat orr
Borrow Jane just appears at any time whether in linearity or not.

Elaine already is faster than time. She was just across all distances simultaneously from three different Creation all being infinite in distance. She covered all of them at a speed not measurable and it didn't take her time to do so. It didn't happen in 3 seconds, 3 minutes, 3 hours, 3 days, etc. It just happens she crossed Creation from a starting point since the gates engulfed Creation by expanding it from the inside.

She passed several space-time 3D Cintnnium by being so big her image is spread across the worlds. She is beyond the linearity of 3-D space-time not to mention her feat is not of speed but rather just holding the gates to engulf Creation all into a single space under a name.

Borrow Jane just appears at any time whether in linearity or not.

Elaine already is faster than time. She was just across all distances simultaneously from three different Creation all being infinite in distance. She covered all of them at a speed not measurable and it didn't take her time to do so. It didn't happen in 3 seconds, 3 minutes, 3 hours, 3 days, etc. It just happens she crossed Creation from a starting point since the gates engulfed Creation by expanding it from the inside.
toddler...i feel like you think the word "immeasurable speed" means crossing distance that isn't measurable

immeasurable speed is when you are so fast that you end up travelling back or forward in time for example

no vertigo character has ever done that aside from barrowjane and thats only in the soft spaces

toddler...i feel like you think the word "immeasurable speed" means crossing distance that isn't measurable

immeasurable speed is when you are so fast that you end up travelling back or forward in time for example

no vertigo character has ever done that aside from barrowjane and thats only in the soft spaces

I know what immeasurable speed is. As we stated she is in speed that cross beyond linearity if 3-D spaces:

They have the speed necessary to hop from the beginning of time, to the end of time, and anywhere in between as casually as a human being can roll their eyes left or right. This also means their reaction time is faster than instantaneous. They can dodge an attack that already has been struck, and they can strike someone even before they launched an attack. And they can do all of this via sheer speed.

Elaine can literally do all that.

They have the speed necessary to hop from the beginning of time, to the end of time, and anywhere in between as casually as a human being can roll their eyes left or right. This also means their reaction time is faster than instantaneous. They can dodge an attack that already has been struck, and they can strike someone even before they launched an attack. And they can do all of this via sheer speed.

Elaine can literally do all that
elaine has not been shown to do any of that...at all
scans??

elaine has not been shown to do that...at all
scans??
Elaine can obviously control the time at will. She can hop in any point of time and space as would any Godhood since Geyes and Garames did that. This would make her faster than instantaneous action.

Elaine can see things so fast as Godhood that everything seems frozen to her and her will is everything including time. Obviously, she can strike anyone before they notice she has “power and will” to perform an action in any way.

Elaine's wings are bigger than entire structures of 3D space-time continuity.

Elaine can obviously control the time at will. She can hop in any point of time and space as would any Godhood since Geyes and Garames did that. This would make her faster than instantaneous action.

Elaine can see things so fast as Godhood that everything seems frozen to her and her will is everything including time. Obviously, she can strike anyone before they notice she has “power and will” to perform an action in any way.

Elaine's wings are bigger than entire structures of 3D space-time continuity.
Yes she can control time. The thing is, we have to prove that she can do that SOLELY BY PHYSICAL SPEED and NOT by any of her powers. That is the hard part, not just for these characters, but for anyone with immeasurable. Otherwise basically everyone with Time Manipulation would have immeasurable.

There is justification. You just added a point that may seem like it was an “infinite” speed but it really wasn't.
Please link me any vertigo profile with a justification written for their immeasurable speed. Because there is literally nothing written down.
What are the conclusions here so far?
Agree (2): @Antvasima @Deagonx
Disagree (1): @DarkDragonMedeus

Some more staff input would be nice: could you maybe tag some people.

Yes she can control time. The thing is, we have to prove that she can do that SOLELY BY PHYSICAL SPEED and NOT by any of her powers. That is the hard part, not just for these characters, but for anyone with immeasurable. Otherwise basically everyone with Time Manipulation would have immeasurable.
The time-controlling part isn't the justification it just goes with what argument provided. Plus the whole scan you provide was misinterpreted by you which should be immeasurable as I already said.

Yes I am aware, but this just simply does not warrant Immeasurable or anything else tbh.
I mean, it doesn't need to involve time travel technically. Since it can also be down if the person has multiple different temporal dimensions.

When Elaine travels through the physical spaces of the 3-D Univeeses she traveled through all of them simultaneously as we see in the art her wings across each reality as mentioned. Then the realms which do not have the same “time” and are of a different part happened to not be physical and Elaine managed to travel at “distance” with no measurement of time.
It should be noted that being bigger than a dimension of time or being able to cross multiple temporal dimensions wouldn't qualify as immeasurable anymore

Crossing between Universes and Higher Dimensions​

Speed isn't defined by any number of spatial dimensions but simply distance over time. Meaning that it is possible for 1-dimensional characters to be faster than those who cover many dimensions. And the distance between two timelines is defined as the 5th dimension (Or a 4th spatial dimension) that separates two or more universes. Said distance is often unknown as it could be anywhere between much smaller than the Universal radius and infinite. But such details are only known to those who can travel through additional spatial dimensions. For that reason, crossing Universes is unquantifiable for speed unless details are specifically stated.

Also see here for more information.
Physically speaking they must have something that suggests that the character can freely interact with time.

Godhead Elaine/The Presence has feats and statements of that. But the rest idk.

It should be noted that being bigger than a dimension of time or being able to cross multiple temporal dimensions wouldn't qualify as immeasurable anymore
This isn't the only reason why. This was more so explaining what happen in the scan rather than the justification of immeasurable. However, the scan itself does prove merit why because it doesn't fit infinite speed. Regardless of 1-C, she already is immeasurable in speed. The OP did not actually explain the speed feat correctly as I explained above and the others agreed with it.

Okay, I have the support of 5 staff, but I don’t wanna apply this while there is still disagreement. I’ll address the opposition as best I can until Ant gets some time to check this out again.

@VeryGoofyToddler
Your disagreement seems to be on the basis of “missing context” however, it’s not that I didn’t think to include this stuff… it’s just that I truly do not see how it is at all relevant to the discussion.
There are many contexts missing here. Elaine was flying through space between, underneath, and across from Lucifer's Creation starting from Yahweh’s Creation.
I know…. I didn’t include it because it’s not relevant. Please explain why flying “between” “underneath” and “across” Lucifer’s creation is immeasurable.
Also, I read this again, and I realize how this makes no sense.

Elaine literally tells us “across infinite distance.” Which is referring to Lucifer's Creation as of course would apply to Yahweh’s as well. It didn't take her a day, it took her just flying through each set point of Creation from Yahweh, Lucifer, and hers.
I said it took her AT MOST a couple days. It doesn’t matter if it takes her a couple days, or a couple microseconds. As long as she can transverse infinite distance in a FINITE amount of time the feat holds. This is the entire basis of infinite speed.

Infinity is relative to Time and Space within a certain perspective. Elaine's mass and shape aren't definite but Lucifer can will any material to be infinite as Michael cam make any infinite degree of any concept. Elaine's perspective is gauged through already being a Demiurge and speeds are relative to beings such as her.
Okay, but again, how does this provide anything that supports immeasurable speed.

The acceleration of Yahweh's Creation is based on the level of reality with the more abstract taking longer to devolve. However, the only reason why it was destroyed in a timely manner is due to Fenris. Michael and Elaine alone could sustain Creation but its inevitable doom was created by Fenris.
But… I didn’t say otherwise… ? Again literally do not see what this has to do with anything.

Most Tier 1 has these simply by being rated as such.
Tier 1 does not = inherent immeasurable speed. If there are profiles like that they should be downgraded.
The OP uses Yahweh's words as justification for how long Creation would take to die. Not taking into account:
  • The deceleration is not based on time but rather a process of Creation unmaking itself in levels. Which “may” be a couple of days or weeks depending on who it's targeting since the more abstract you are the more time you have.
  • Also, distance has nothing to do with words each thing would unmake itself, and Creation would eventually collapse within itself with the creations inside. Meaning the process of Creation is not of size. It's referring to how long the beings and concept of Creation last.
Bro what.

Geyes and Garames literally used their powers… she can hop to any point in time with. her. powers. Immeasurable requires that you prove they can do this through raw speed ONLY.

I know…. I didn’t include it because it’s not relevant. Please explain why flying “between” “underneath” and “across” Lucifer’s creation is immeasurable.
This is due to the fact she flies over the spaces of the worlds. The basis of infinite speed would require her to be beyond any finite structure or object perceiving them as 0 or frozen. Nothing of what you listed is that. She's overlapping in all of the worlds and realms as she pulls them in a halo of light that took multiple space-time continuums. It didn't take her any amount of time to travel infinitely in a finite space.

She just took it all as she was flying an infinite distance and overlapping across several worlds filled with infinite dimensions and realms beneath these worlds at once. There's no specific “period” nor anything finite she took and she also started from Yahweh’s Creation to Lucifer’s as she carried both Creations and all of what she passed.
I said it took her AT MOST a couple days. It doesn’t matter if it takes her a couple days, or a couple microseconds. As long as she can transverse infinite distance in a FINITE amount of time the feat holds. This is the entire basis of infinite speed.
She didn't take “time.” She dragged time and space with the blanket she coveted across the Creations merging them until there was only Void.

She didn't travel at a finite speed. There's no calculation and your assuming it took days is very incoherent. For all we know Elaine could have manipulated time to make it intensions. Since Creation contains time and space of each universe and possibly some realms that she simunetesoly overlaps in.
Okay, but again, how does this provide anything that supports immeasurable speed.
Speed is irrelevant to her as she's the focal point for things such as distance and time. The distance of Lucifer's Creation is infinite coupled with Yahweh’s and Lucifer’s. She didn't fly through any of it but the spaces where the worlds are and the realms beneath. If she could do that then the distance between each Creation being separated by the Void would see as an infinite-sized space-time continuum as nothing but a canvas she could redraw with.

Infinite speed implies she has an infinite speed in a finite space. All of the Creations are infinite and time and space are relative to the size of Creation. None of what she did has anything to do with speed in general or at least any calculation. Distance to beings like her are not anything and she can create time and space to make it faster than what something infinite can generate. Infinite speed would be 0 to a finite space. I don't see any “finite” space.

But… I didn’t say otherwise… ? Again literally do not see what this has to do with anything.
This was your reason on how long Elaine took base on the dissolution of Creation.
Tier 1 does not = inherent immeasurable speed. If there are profiles like that they should be downgraded.
This is not the main reason but rather the being in general shouldn't be questioned from what we already know. The “speed” feat should be separate from the entity physiology at that point.

Not to mention you never specified about Elaine becoming Godhead and saying she has infinite speed with a thread that is very subjective to a certain feat. If so we have to downgrade Lucifer, Michael, and Yahweh's speed as well because she scales to all of them. Unless we're keeping both Infinite and Immeasurable.
Bro what.

Geyes and Garames literally used their powers… she can hop to any point in time with. her. powers. Immeasurable requires that you prove they can do this through raw speed ONLY.
Your thread does not approve of infinite speed either. We should keep them at what they are and remove Elaine's speed feats because they don't apply to be infinite.

Also, I'm not arguing she has immeasurable she naturally possesses it but that feat you claim is infinite does not support anything infinite.

Apologies I could not reply due to other important CRTs I was in, IRL matters, and working on the many link replacement projects on the wiki. However, I still very much believe that what you are saying does not coincide with the wiki's infinte speed standards. I kinda had to apply this because the staff vote is unanimous, but we can continue our discussion in DMs or Discord after the link replacement projects have concluded.
Thank you. This can probably be applied now then.
I have done so. You can close the thread I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back