• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edit for Minecraft Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minecraft End Poem

This controversial topic emphasises that Minecraft's End Poem Stage in Vsb is a "trope" and cannot be taken as true. The writing in the End Poem may be allegorical, but the underlying meaning and narrative is real.

The authors say that after we have reached the End Poem in an abstract way, we have reached a higher level and we can now read their thoughts. But here comes a part. The authors say that we include them in the game and see them as part of the game, so we still cannot perceive them. 1

Then the authors start to tell a story, and they involve us in this story. Yes, this story is an allegory (and largely metaphorical) and it is not true, but it is a little bit true. In the story they tell us what we do, what we create when we open the game. This story is the part that emphasises what we do in the game. But when they tell this story, we can't understand them, some of what they say is confusing to us. 2

The writers want to tell a new story. A story that tells the truth about us and the game. But they know we can't bear such a heavy burden, so they lighten it. When they tell us the story, they tell us the truth, but they tell it by softening the story, by consoling us. Not the naked truth, but a hard truth hidden behind an easy game mode. 3

So much so that when writers tell us the story: "The story is not true." - "No. It is a story that holds the truth safely in a cage of words. It is not the naked truth that can burn from any distance." they say. And this story is about our entry into the game, what we do in the game 4. But it tells it a little softer (like the universe embraced him). But in some places it is really telling the truth. There are some harsh and true words such as the abstraction of our body, the creation of the universe (here the example of Markus and Julian is given). 5

The allusion here is to the way the story is told, not the story itself. The story says that each time we start with a different DNA, a different source code. This is a reference to "seed". And seed is in the game, even in the source code. But End Poem tells it a little softly. 6

We are told to get up from the boring reality of this computer game and go out into the real world. To console the player, to open the player's heart, they say that the universe loves him, that in the story he is made of nothing but milk and love. 7

Things in the game are said to be created by us, a universe is an example. I also want to say that it's not a metaphor, and it's not a dream. Because this is reality and there are writers who exist outside the story. These are the "highest level", and since we are not at that level yet, we cannot go to higher layers. Anyway, at the end of End Poem, they say that we woke up from this dream and now we realise something, we associate this with the "highest level". The authors say that this is a story and they definitely see this place as fiction. We cannot perceive some of what the authors say because we are not yet at their level, at the "highest level". But when we wake up from the dream, we reach the level of the authors. We become the "highest level". 8 - 9

---

Let's talk about the interview part. The interview was conducted by Julian Gough, who was specially assigned by Notch to write the story. Julian says that the things that are briefly described in the interview depend on influencing people and our interaction between real life and the game.

But this story written by Julian is still considered canon in-game and is also connected to the story. Also, Julian only describes the things we do in the game by putting them into the story. So actually, underneath the metaphorical story is the making of the game. We create the universe, we open this world, we create it.

What Julian calls a dream is a metaphor. So it's an interaction between the game and life. But if it is a metaphor, why do I show it as a fictional situation later? Because the Player in Minecraft needs to wake up from the dream in order to reach the highest level, to reach wisdom. The dream is a metaphor, but the inner world of Minecraft is still a dream. In other words, the author unintentionally labels Minecraft as fiction and the real world as reality. And when Player wakes up, he comes out of Minecraft's fiction.

When Julian tells Markus about the story idea, Markus finds it beautiful. He even associates it with "his own universe motif". 10

The story Julian wrote is about what Julian felt when he entered the game and played it. According to Julian, this story is outside the game. It's not a noncanon situation, it's actually Julian's association of the game with reality and the "dragon and enderman" story in people's minds. 11

I would like to add: 12

In short, this rule should be abolished. As long as the End Poem is not misinterpreted, the scale can be used.

This should be moved to content revision thread and be discussed whether there is new information to remove the discussion rule.

This should be moved to content revision thread and be discussed whether there is new information to remove the discussion rule.
It was suggested that I open it as Staff Discussion, so I did.

Besides, the subject shouldn't be too old. Still, how new is debatable. But I think this rule should be abolished. If the "new information" you are talking about is my arguments, that part is not important. Because my arguments already depend on the information you put in and the story in the game.

Always add this at the beginning of the thread to notify others that this thread is authorized by a staff member, next time — Friendly tip (not really, It is a rule)

Last edited:
I didn't suggest that you did.

You asked if you could create a thread on "Minecraft Rule", and I said "there aren't really tight restrictions on creating staff only threads".

Do not treat that as an endorsement of what you want to change, or of your decision on where to open it.

I didn't suggest that you did.

You asked if you could create a thread on "Minecraft Rule", and I said "there aren't really tight restrictions on creating staff only threads".

Do not treat that as an endorsement of what you want to change, or of your decision on where to open it.
What I was talking about was that I could open a "Staff Discussion". I wasn't talking about "Should I open a Staff Discussion for Minecraft".

And you said that you don't have such strict rules, so I decided that I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back