• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edit for Minecraft Rule

Anyways.

I don't.

And I disagree. The OP laying down that the writer indeed approached it with little knowledge of the actual game he was writing it for, and wanted it to just be a more philosophical thing, doesn't really support your point of view.
I meant Marvel and the Flash.

And anyway, I've already had a good talk with Mr. Bambu on Discord and I don't think I can convince him. Don't close CRT for the moment, I'm contacting the admin and moderators.

Since Hajunn so diligently went out of their way to message me on Discord for my input on this, I will gladly give it, though I'm not sure they'll like what I have to say. As one of the people who helped push for this rule in the first place, and the one who found the interview and submitted it as evidence, my opinion is likely obvious, but: I disagree with abolishing the rule, and nothing here has changed my mind on that.

Under normal circumstances, the credits of a game would already be non-canon by default, especially when the characters are interacting with that text in a meta way. Minecraft was given an exception because the credits seemed to be telling a relevant story instead.

However, the interview sort of abolishes that notion. It establishes that at best the credits are their own highly metaphorical short story, and a separate statement about playing video games in general. The fact that it happens to "tie in with some of [Notch's] feelings about the universe" does not change much, and we don't really need to speculate because he flat-out says that the credits are outside of the game, and not intended to explain anything about Minecraft nor its end. See below.
image.png

Since Hajunn so diligently went out of their way to message me on Discord for my input on this, I will gladly give it, though I'm not sure they'll like what I have to say. As one of the people who helped push for this rule in the first place, and the one who found the interview and submitted it as evidence, my opinion is likely obvious, but: I disagree with abolishing the rule, and nothing here has changed my mind on that.

Under normal circumstances, the credits of a game would already be non-canon by default, especially when the characters are interacting with that text in a meta way. Minecraft was given an exception because the credits seemed to be telling a relevant story instead.

However, the interview sort of abolishes that notion. It establishes that at best the credits are their own highly metaphorical short story, and a separate statement about playing video games in general. The fact that it happens to "tie in with some of [Notch's] feelings about the universe" does not change much, and we don't really need to speculate because he flat-out says that the credits are outside of the game, and not intended to explain anything about Minecraft nor its end. See below.
image.png
Here the author is talking about a different story. The End Poem story is like a combination of many stories in its formation. For example, waking up from the dream in End Poem is not starting the universe from the beginning, but waking up from the dream of the game and returning to real life and taking care of our real life interaction with the game.

But another situation is that the worlds we create in the game are different. The reason why these worlds are different is "seed". For example, in End Poem, this situation is likened to DNA and the seed event is explained directly. In other words, the photo you present doesn't actually prove anything, this is because Julian admits that there are hyperbole writings in his story here.

As a matter of fact, we don't deny it either. That's why I proposed the following idea: Let's weed out the hyperbole and select the writings that we can accept as true. Then let's change the rule.

So I'm suggesting to you again, I'm not suggesting that we remove the rule directly, I'm suggesting that we scan the End Poem for the rule and weed it out. Let's do this in detail and select the writings that we can accept from the End Poem.

I think what I'm saying is fair and good. Please join me and let's change the rule (I want to emphasise again, I say "let's weed out the hyperbole", if you are lazy please write agree anyway and postpone it for later).

Here the author is talking about a different story. The End Poem story is like a combination of many stories in its formation. For example, waking up from the dream in End Poem is not starting the universe from the beginning, but waking up from the dream of the game and returning to real life and taking care of our real life interaction with the game.
The interview is about the entire "ending" to the game which he was asked to write.
I think what I'm saying is fair and good. Please join me and let's change the rule (I want to emphasise again, I say "let's weed out the hyperbole", if you are lazy please write agree anyway and postpone it for later).
Why are you implying I'm lazy?
I feel like you've insulted Bambu and I both now.
If you're simply going to be rude to your opposition, then you're definitely going to struggle to convince them.

I just thought you might be busy.

I didn't mean to be rude, I'm really sorry if I was misunderstood.
It's alright, and thank you for the apology. I understand that misunderstandings happen.
My apologies if I came off as too accusatory as well.
I rejected this, FinePoint rejected this. I dunno why you're bumping unless you have thoughts to share.
Close this, then.
As for this thread, I see no harm in leaving in open for longer, though I am doubtful much will change. Most of the staff (and myself though I wasn't staff at the time) who care about Minecraft already had a pretty lengthy debate about this in the original thread about it, I believe.

Last edited:
As for this thread, I see no harm in leaving in open for longer, though I am doubtful much will change. Most of the staff (and myself though I wasn't staff at the time) who care about Minecraft already had a pretty lengthy debate about this in the original thread about it, I believe.
As you say, but I haven't found much admin I can write about this subject. I also had a lot of discussions with you, although I still think this subject is still logical but I cannot dissuade you from your ideas and I respect your point of view. CRT may remain open for a while as different people may have different interpretations, but you can consider me almost given up.

Therefore, I do not think that this CRT will get anywhere except rejection. I tried very hard, I took big and powerful members with me, but more than half of the administrators I attracted did not look at it, and the other half rejected it. I threw CRT to too many people, so it can be said that there are no people left. I can't see anything to do.

As you say, but I haven't found much admin I can write about this subject. I also had a lot of discussions with you, although I still think this subject is still logical but I cannot dissuade you from your ideas and I respect your point of view. CRT may remain open for a while as different people may have different interpretations, but you can consider me almost given up.

Therefore, I do not think that this CRT will get anywhere except rejection. I tried very hard, I took big and powerful members with me, but more than half of the administrators I attracted did not look at it, and the other half rejected it. I threw CRT to too many people, so it can be said that there are no people left. I can't see anything to do.
Trust me, I've been there, and with the same verse too.
I once tried to get Creative Mode accepted as a key.
I understand it can be frustrating to believe in something strongly but feel unable to convince people of your position.

However, it's also important to remember that this is just one website, and the opinion of just one group of people.
Even if the end poem isn't accepted on this particular forum, it does not stop you from considering it valid and using it for argument on any other platform, especially in private settings, or even in the fun & games category here.

The Vs Battles Wiki is not the ultimate authority on any fictional universe. It is, for all intents and purposes, a collection of subjective opinions based around a series of assumptions. I personally like it the most of similar platforms because it is structured well and has a lot of reasonable people, but it's natural that not everyone will agree with everything listed, and that's alright.

Back