• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edens Zero: Witch's Protection Matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
I completely forgot about this TBH, but yeah, we need to discuss Witch's Protection Matrix Durability

We know that Witch's Protection Matrix completely blocked the explosion of 20,000 Antimatter Bombs. We also know that this took her life as a result. Now just one of these bombs has enough power to destroy an entire planet. Now since the explosion that Witched blocked came from 20,000 of these Planet level blasts. Bare minimum she should be able to scale to 1 of these bombs, but considering these bombs were also notably a huge threat to Oracion Seis Galactica Members, she in conclusion she scale to 5-A with her Protection Matrix

So that's my suggestion, but I certainly want more opinions on this

I agree that a likely isn't needed, the fact that she lost her life in the process is something to be listed a weakness, but it doesn't change the fact that her shield blocked the blast.

Also, remember to include the scans where members of the oracion seis galactica are visibly threatened by the bombs.

She didn't sacrifice her life to employ that shield tho, she employed that shield without any temporary amps.

It's just her Max power shield, it eventually broke after she shielded Edens Zero from most of the blast and then turned to dust either due to the physical toll or remnant energy of the blast.
She could've "lived" had she stopped it right before the end, like seen when everyone told her to come back and that she can't take it anymore after she already shielded the ship for alot of time.

Yeah, that's why the shield scales without troubles.

The weakness is that she can't hold on the shield for long when pressured by such force.

The weakness is that she can't hold on the shield for long when pressured by such force.
As much as I hate it, watch Wizard make fun of his counterpart for dying to this explosion (I hope that at the back of my mind too)

Her shield at max output regardless at least scales to the likes of OSG tho

They recognized it's power and fled from the scene, Shura was also planning to kill Ziggy and Nero with the bombs. He should be fairly knowledgeable on their power too, where his estimation went wrong is that his father had an ether gear which was unknown even to Ziggy.

Her shield at max output regardless at least scales to the likes of OSG tho

They recognized it's power and fled from the scene, Shura was also planning to kill Ziggy and Nero with the bombs. He should be fairly knowledgeable on their power too, where his estimation went wrong is that his father had an ether gear which was unknown even to Ziggy.
They would have been a lot closer to the explosion than Witch was when she defended the Edens Zero.

They would have been a lot closer to the explosion than Witch was when she defended the Edens Zero.
Edens Zero was very close to the Planet as well, you can see it from how big the Planet looks, it stopped right above Nero 66 airspace, and in fact the cross sectional area of witch's shield is far greater than their surface area

Edens Zero was very close to the Planet as well, you can see it from how big the Planet looks, it stopped right above Nero 66 airspace, and in fact the cross sectional area of witch's shield is far greater than their surface area
So it should be possible to calc the durability then?

So it should be possible to calc the durability then?
Hermit stated it will obliterate the entire sector and possibly neighboring Planets as well. It also has to get past the water present throughout the cosmos.

Yes it is possible to calc witch shield durability from what's known but that still won't be a set in stone result, if in case it turns out to be below where Xenolith's feat scales to (which is far below the likes of Ziggy, Nero, Justice), then we know it's pretty much useless since we can scale her shield above these guys' durability anyway

Matter-Antimatter interaction ignores durability but not the energy released from that interaction

The planet has enough matter to interact fully with the antimatter bombs that were buried underneath to release energy instead of the antimatter interacting with people on it or in the space above

The question is how does a bomb that is naturally anti-matter have a calculable AP
Why would it not? It's AP is the energy it releases upon interacting with the matter around it. Energy released due to a single antimatter bomb is strong enough to destroy the Planet Nero 66 (direct statement)

That energy but from 20K such bombs is what's destroying planets and killing people and that energy is what Witch shielded the Edens Zero against

Why would it not? It's AP is the energy it releases upon interacting with the matter around it. Energy released due to a single antimatter bomb is strong enough to destroy the Planet Nero 66 (direct statement)
I understand that energy is needed for the bomb to work. What I want to understand is how an antimatter explosion that works more like a hax has the same amount of destructive potency as destroying a planet with brute power

What I want to understand is how an antimatter explosion that works more like a hax has the same amount of destructive potency as destroying a planet with brute power
There's nothing hax about explosions.
Explosion happens after anti-matter and matter react. Said energy output was stated capable of destroying planet.

Could had sworn if something like that doesn't hold then they shouldn't get a straight tier from it. Thats why I said a Likely should be used. It would had been different if that shield tanked the blast but it lost to an explosion

EDIT: is the 5-A baseline or no?

The 5-A comes from the Oracion Seis Interstellar, which isn't baseline.

It may be possible to just calc the shield's durability though

I'd like to see a calc be made finding the durability of Witch's shield. I can try making one this weekend if nobody else is interested.

I agree with her Maximum Output Protect Matrix scaling to 5A.

Finding it by inverse square method will give a lower result than that (unless it's considered to be an omnidirectional blast destroying neighboring planet by vaporizing the water present in between, in which case it'll just be a bit higher into 5A than Xenolith calc)

I'd like to see a calc be made finding the durability of Witch's shield. I can try making one this weekend if nobody else is interested.
The blast is a threat to the Oracion Seis and Ziggy, it would scale to 5-A regardless

Sure, the blast would but that doesn't get us the durability of the shields.
Well the Surface Area of the shield is greater than the Surface Area of the Oracion Seis individuals

So the shield would still be 5-A

Well the Surface Area of the shield is greater than the Surface Area of the Oracion Seis individuals

So the shield would still be 5-A
But the shield in question is at a much further distance than the Oracion Seis individuals you're talking about. So a simple 1-to-1 comparison doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back