• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Earthbound: General Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrisras said:
Like the Starman, who Physical attack is firing a laser.
A laser is Energy Projection and Striking Strength counts as a physical hit like a punch, kick or an enhanced weapon hit on the party or the opponent.

I placed Starman Striking Strength at Unknown since his gimmick is spamming lasers.

Seems fine for me.

I also added some new stuff in the Proposals for Abilities and Resistance I posted above, just to clarify.

I also disagree with Buzz Buzz being speed of light. Ness' PK Flash is attack speed only, no reason to assume Buzz Buzz is physically on par with that in speed, especially since nobody in the game who wields PK Flash has ever demonstrated FTL feats of any sort.

Sorry for the bad quality of Buzz Buzz and Starman. I was working on them when I was suppose to be getting ready for work so I rushed through them, thus the gramatical errors and awkard wording and spacing. If Buzz shouldn't be scaled to PK Flash then what should his speed rating be? Unknown perhaps?

ArbitraryNumbers
I'm pretty sure the whole Giygas battle is more CIS than PIS. After all, everyone remarks how stupid Giygas becomes at that point, so he not destroying the kids in the instant is how the battle is supposed to happend (this can be justified in how Giygas can just OHKO any of the kids with his own PK Flash, but he doesn't spam the attack, becuse again, he's stupid.) Being Resistance to his Spatial Manipulation is the most normal of feats here, since the changing in the scenario is just a side effect that happends very casual, whitout many repercutions.

I don't know about the Buzz Buzz case here, I'm pretty sure he should better scale from fighting the Starman Jr, but since he's a weaker version of the regular Starman, wich is the one that fought Ness at close range with his PK Flash, the probably to unknow rating would be better, but with the note of the Starman scaling.

I don't know about creating a new thread, I think it would just be redundant, since the most important questions are already on the table here.

So, can somebody summarise the suggested changes here?

If I'm not mistaken:

-"Likely far higher" for the Chosen Four

-Taking into account the Kraken possibly altering the weather upon showing itself

-Taking into account Ness' High 4-C feat of creating Magicant

-Giving the characters various resistances via particular items

I'll give more feedback on all of these tomorrow as I'm rather tired right now.

Actually I think Giegue could be upgraded to High 4-C. Ninten's Magicant should be comparable to Ness's, since they both use the 8 melodies.

As for the Giygas fight, it's most definitely PIS. These characters are Town level (barring Ness), so resisting anything from a Universe level entity is a blatant outlier. Giygas being "stupid" doesn't change the fact that he should be capable of obliterating the entire party with a single breath, and yet we see them tanking full on PSI attacks to the face while Giygas twists the dimensions and distorts reality. I don't see how anything relating to the fight with Giygas can be treated as anything but PIS, other than Paula's prayer being able to reach through the 4th wall.

As for the items and resistances, I don't think they can be applied to every single party member. It's like saying every Pokemon has an immunity to Stat Ailments via berries.

I still think this discussion is best moved to a different thread. Otherwise this one will get clogged up and messy. The original issue has been resolved, so there's no point in just suddenly expanding the topic to cover the entire verse.

>Ninten's Magicant.

lol

I suposse that in that case there's no more to argue. But I supposed the Inmunity to Time Paradox could stay?

Resistance is the more likely option instead than Immunity. And if thats the case, then I think the cases should be watch carefully, since there are many instances were the progresion of the game depends completly in Items, like Ness's Nightmare, where he can One-Shot you if you are not prepared.

@ArbitraryNumbers

Feel free to close this thread and start a new one, if you wish, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back