• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

EA makes history

The currentt ruling on what counts as gambling is outdated. Since you technically get something for your money, they say it isn't gambling.

But this is so outdated and has not kept up with the rise of technology.

Wait exactly what content is locked in this game? I was thinking of actually buying this game but i don't want to make the same mistake i made with ''No Man's Sky''

So are you telling me I'm going to have to pay up to play with characters such as Darth Vader and Luke and the like?

The Everlasting said:
Oh my God. Jesus Christ. What the ****?
To unlock everything in Battlefront II, you will need to either pay $2,100 or play the game for 4,528 hours.
And to think I was complaining about having to grind for 9999 coins to unlock the skeleton suit in Mario Odyssey ovo

ScarletFirefly said:
Also I think one of the reasons why these things will never change is, while there is an extremely large and loud group of people to hate what companies like EA are doing, there's an even bigger yet silent group that simply doesn't give a shit. They're the types of people who other gamers call "drones" that will just buy whatever crap is handed to them.

It's great to voice your opinion, spread the word to others and do some damage to EA's reputation, but sadly no one should expect any long term effect.

Ryukama said:
ScarletFirefly said:
Also I think one of the reasons why these things will never change is, while there is an extremely large and loud group of people to hate what companies like EA are doing, there's an even bigger yet silent group that simply doesn't give a shit. They're the types of people who other gamers call "drones" that will just buy whatever crap is handed to them.
It's great to voice your opinion, spread the word to others and do some damage to EA's reputation, but sadly no one should expect any long term effect.
^^

Ya can alyways count on the sheep to ruin everything.....

Idk why you are trying to use that as an insult. I will cringe however much I want to. As you said, this is the internet. I can think you sound like an idiot if I desire. You can do the same with me, if you'd like. That's the glory of it all.

The Everlasting said:
Guess I'll just dig up my PS2 and play the real Battlefront II.
If you can't find your old Ps2, the original games are dirt cheap on steam. You can buy those instead of this bullocks.

Steam version also supports online multiplayer and has great mod support. Highly recommended.

EA spits in your face and says "**** you, give us money".

Can't even be bothered to do anything about the loot box gambling thing or even make sure the ******* game doesn't have bugs.

$2,100 and/or 4,528 Hours well spent.

Oh, no. Are you kidding? That was a joke. I'm not going anywhere near this shitstorm.

I've learned a long time ago to not buy anything with EA on it.

BTW everyone, for future reference, if ANYTHING has even a HINT of EA on it, don't touch it.

"It wasn't our intention. Sorry we didn't get this right."

Translation:

"We're giving you the WHOLE game for free, alright? Can you stop complaining now? God...."

@Darkmon you're forgetting the key word there: Temporarily, which means they're still planning on bringing micro transactions into the game later down the line once the heat has died down.

Back