• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conflicting information (Composite Human top strength vs fastest kicks calculation)

CH is pretty much dead here, but I'll nonetheless still work on it in joke battles.

@DarlingAurora pointed out the detail that Guinness doesn't have it has the fastest kick. Even though this blog includes a value not in guinness world records. The it I'm refering to is the speed of Foster's kick, which while the link is poofed, I managed to find & archive this video.

Facts:
- Foster's kick is 136 mph according to national geographic, & the martial art Foster is in specializes in speed.
- Guinness records' requirements & policies to get an official record.
- National Geographic's impact & wikipedia page.
- CH top strength & Fastest Kick

The reason why I'm posting this here in the calc group discussion is because this is calculation related & this is actually conflicting information for CH's top strength. Is any calc group member going to care or should this be moved into the discussion threads area or something? Is this the best place to post this?

Pretty sure I eventually determined that it is actually the lower that is traveling that fast, not the entire leg, and the OG video stated the felt force of Foster's kick to be 1043 kg or 2300 lb.

Assuming it travels over a distance of a foot (Hence the name, ft-lb), it'd wield a joule value of roughly 3118.381 J. On par with some of the top tier MMA kicks like those from Shogun Rua, whose kicks reached 2750 lbs of force (Which, if it travels over a foot, would wield 3728.5 J)

Pretty sure I eventually determined that it is actually the lower that is traveling that fast, not the entire leg, and the OG video stated the felt force of Foster's kick to be 1043 kg or 2300 lb.

Assuming it travels over a distance of a foot (Hence the name, ft-lb), it'd wield a joule value of roughly 3118.381 J. On par with some of the top tier MMA kicks like those from Shogun Rua, whose kicks reached 2750 lbs of force (Which, if it travels over a foot, would wield 3728.5 J)
Thanks for the answer! Though should this calc be on a blog recreationally for reliability purposes? Or is it ok as it is here?

Thanks for the answer! Though should this calc be on a blog recreationally for reliability purposes? Or is it ok as it is here?
Just convert the kgf to newtons, then multiply with a foot (0.3048 m) and that's your energy yield in joules. Simple stuff.

Back