• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dusty's King Thorax Challenge.

1: I listen to his story.

2: I meet him with the same amount force I'm a copy of him. Through out the fight I transform in between my normal state and Ren. Transforming into Ren to attack him when I saw an open and I use my normal state to avoid most of his attack with my flight and overall better mobility.

1: I give Ren a snack and tell him I hope things get better.

2: Will he give up at that point or will he try to go down fighting?

Yeah, I see.

Though, Ren doesn't immediately go all out. Dr. Horse was literally on the verge of murdering him.

Well, Ren's been KO'd quite a few times. For the amount of punishment he can take, he sure can't take too much before dropping.

Tell you what? Here is my story:

Story
I wake up and I decide to become a Pokémon Trainer. I walk up to the Professor but he only had one Pokémon to give me. I walk up and take the Pokéball. In it, was a fresh Azurill. Perfect Stats (like how I usually have mines in Pokémon for a fact), Thick Fat, looks cool. It was only Level 5, however. It only knew Splash, Water Gun, Tail Whip, and Water Sport. I knew that I would be bound to it eventually.

I thanked the Professor and left his lab to train it. As I trained it, I heard the news that there is a champion waiting at a hill on a visit, and he says that he will only challenge mid-evolved Pokémon, for he did not like easy fights and did not like unfair fights. He also only allows one Pokemon to fight him. He also says that he will ONLY battle fresh trainers who have just started their journey within 3 days. I realized that I qualified for just that, and off I trained. I trained and eventually, it turned into a Marill. I went across the world, searching for the TMs and HMs I need, and X days later, I would arrive at the hill where this "champion" was waiting.

"A... pony?", said I as I began to laugh thinking that this would be easy. Until... "Young one. You must not insult me.", said this challenger. I was suprised to see a talking Pony (as if I thought I was already in a world where I see talking Pokemon (kudos if you got the reference)). "Oh, my apologies. Im just started my adventure X days ago. So, you are...", said me.

"King Thorax. I seek a challenge.", said Thorax. "Oh, highness, yes, I have a challenge for you.", I said as I bowed in respect for a royal combatant. My partner (Marill), who was behind me, was just so happening to be confused as to what is happening. "Marill?", it said. "You will be fighting this king, Marill. Cmon, dont be shy...", I said as I calmed it down. The Marill, now calm and confident, knew it had to go win the challenge, to impress me, to have me become a champion.

"Marill!", it said in a prepared and brave tone. "Thats the spirit!", I said, before continuing. "Remember what we practiced from the past X days, Marill. You will need it to win.". The king proceeded to speak: "Ah, Marill, I assume? its fine. We will spar. If you win, I will hail you as champion.", said the king. I knew this has to be the most challenging battle I will be in.

"All right, go Marill!", said I as I busted my Marill out. "Remember that I will be showing no mercy, mouse", said Thorax.

FIGHT!

Summary
To summarize this, I will have my mon freshly start off as a Azurill with perfect IVs at the start. It has the ability Thick Fat. I will have 1-3 days to prepare it, to evolve it to a Marill to Level 100. I am supposed to be responsible and try to give it just 4 moves, because thats how Pokémon works.

Easy: 3 days

Normal: 2 days

Hard: 1 day

I see an interesting challenge but you missed a few details about Thorax's character but I'll overlook it. My approach will depend on the moves you have so tell me what you will use for the 3 days of prep.

For my moveset, It will be a fair moveset. No buffing or debuffing moves. Statuses, however, are allowed.

1. Ice Beam

2. Scald

3. Protect

4. Rollout

Rollout should be easy to avoid since I can fly but Scald and Ice Beam will be quite a issue. They are good attacks that can either freeze me which would be the end of the fight right there and scald could cripple me for the fight if I get unlucky. I know they don't always cause those effects but still. Protect will be annoying but I don't think it can be spammed. My best bet would be at close range. While Ice beam and scald can be used up close, I think that at range it would be more likely you'd use rollout. I would try to bait you into attacking with rollout then dodge and quickly transform and spam scald. Since you would likely still be in the middle of rollout a few of them should connect. My main goal would be to burn you. This would slowly deal damage over time and weaken your attacks. What do you think of this plan?

The moment Rollout misses, or if it successfully consecutively hits 5 turns, the move will end. So yeah, dodge my Rollout, I can move again. Dont dodge it, I cant move until you dodge or I hit consecutively for 5 turns.

If you try to just use Scald on me, I will admit: I can still be burned because of the immensely hot water of the move, but I actually resist Water-type moves. Using Ice Beam to freeze me? Well, yes, I can be frozen, but I still resist the move as Ice moves arent good against Water type Pokemon like Marill. I am a Water-Fairy type, just so you know.

My strategy? Well, I intend to block with Protect, then attack (Protect cannot be used consecutively for most of the time as attempting to use it twice in a row will have increased chances of the move failing). Since I see you rely on melee range at the start, that should be a cakewalk.

And if you try to think Id use Rollout when you are close, that would honestly be a stupid idea. I know you can fly to dodge, so I would try to freeze you instead by spamming Ice Beam. Then I use Rollout to finish you off or get in some good damage while you are frozen.

If you copy me and use Scald, then I use Scald as well, or even Ice Beam, making it rather a race to the finish, to the point this is an inconclusive.

If you burn me somehow, that makes my Rollout weakened since Attack is cut in half under the burn status, but not Special Attack, meaning my Ice Beam and Scald still do regular damage. I still take damage from the burn, but again, race to the finish to see who statuses each other first.

But... it seems like I can resist Ice and Water, but you dont resist Ice and Water. If you intend to do Rollout, I will protect the moment the first hit gets landed.

Well since your character has a slight AP advantage, I guess DX. DX scales above 212 tons and can call in Starman super and Starman who also scales above 212 tons.

DX utilizes all the PSI attacks with Starstorm being its strongest and brain shock causing a confusion status effect, which in turns makes the opponent miss their attacks or hit themselves instead, while the rest spam PSI Fire and Freeze.

Uh, maybe your character tried to infiltrate their base and The Starman's aren't too happy on it?

Anyway, their PSI's are pretty difficult to deal with, especially if they get hit by a status effect or PK Beam Y (Which "instantly" destroys one enemy regardless of their HP, so it's most likely a dura negating attack). PSI Shield can protect from incoming attacks and can also reflect it. PSI Freeze to solidify the enemy. PSI Healing to revive fallen teammates. Can call in other Starman's with similar abilities. PK Starstorm to do major damage. Sudden guts pill to increase their stats. Teleportation spam.

Can they all use psi healing or just one? I can fly so most of there attacks can dodged thanks to superior mobility.

Yep, they all can. I don't think you can really dodge most of those attacks, since some of these aren't really projectiles based and considering the range and all for these said attacks.

That being said, dodging a Danmaku based attack will be hard, so I doubt it. PK Beam however is a possibility to dodge it, but if you're hit with confusion (Which is something you can't dodge either), then you are dead. PK Fire will probably just spread around the area to later affect you. PK Freeze is literally a wind that swirls around you.

Also like, you're going to be surrounded by Starmen. That's probably going to be overkill.

I see no way out of this other than transforming right away and spam his own attacks at him. Would you say this is a loss?

Back