• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Here we go again...

So yeah, more Pokemon revisions, but this time they only affect two/three profiles. Those being Dusknoir (PMD Explorers), Grovyle (PMD Explorers) and potentially Wigglytuff (Mystery Dungeon)

Both Dusknoir, Grovyle and Wigglytuff should get an 'Optional Equipment' or 'Best Possible Gear' key, which would include abilities from orbs, scarves, seeds and TMs. Remember that these are specific Pokemon who have shown to be capable of using TMs before (Grovyle knows Dig which he can only learn via TM) and regularly utilise items such as orbs + seeds (Grovyle uses a luminous orb in a cutscene, Dusknoir is stated to be one of the greatest explorers which implies a great knowledge of orbs + seeds, Grovyle is his intellctual equal. Wigglytuff/Grovyle is playable in the bonus episode 2/5 respectively).

This would grant them all the abilities listed here, along with their moves granted by TMs.

For Grovyle: Martial Arts (Focus Punch, Brick Break, Drain Punch), Metal Manipulation (Iron Tail), Statistics Reduction (Flash), Duplication (Double Team), Status Effect Inducement (Toxic), Empathic Manipulation (Captivate), Weather Manipulation (Sunny Day)

For Dusknoir: Martial Arts (Focus Punch, Brick Break), Energy Projection (Focus Blast), Telekinesis (Psychic), Weather Manipulation (Sunny Day), Power Nullification (Taunt), Electricity Manipulation (Charge Beam), Duplication (Double Team), Empathic Manipulation (Attract), Earth Manipulation (Earthquake), Statistics Amplification (Calm Mind), Forcefield Creation (Protect), Damage Boost (Facade)

Finally, for their regular keys, both should get Non-Physical Interaction (Grovyle can literally grapple Dusknoir, who is non-corporeal. Dusknoir can harm Sableye and threaten Spiritomb) and Dusknoir should get Ectoplasm Manipulation for fairly obvious reasons. Dusknoir should probably get the abilities from moves he has learned previously, such as Gravity Manipulation (Gravity), Fire Manipulation (Fire Punch), Negation (Foresight, which negates non-corporeality, evasion and illusions), Statistics Reduction (Leer), Paralysis Inducement (Disable, which inflicts paralysis in PMD) and Curse Manipulation (Via Curse)

I posted it on the Pokemon discussion thread, so that should attract some more people

For me, it is Energy Manipulation with Focus Blast, while the user use his mental focus, i don't think that it can be considered Chi manipulation and Forcefield Creation, since there are moves that pass through forcefields

Focus Blast also don't line up with what this wiki considers Chi Manipulation, so Energy Manipulation seems the best choice IMO

Also, somewhat on topic, but Dusknoir should have Time Travel/Portal Creation removed from our Dusknoir profiles. The game makes it pretty clear that it's either Dialga or Celebi who create those portals due to them possessing the necessary time abilities.

If Dusknoir COULD create time portals, that'd make the entire special episode 5 plot pretty much null and void.

The MD games, especially explorers, are some of my favourite in the Pokemon franchise. I'd definitely recommend them if you have the time

Hey, support the oficial release! Maybe, but now is test week, so i am little busy over this week, might try if my memory works (I normally tend to forget things)

You should ask the staff members listed in the Pokémo verse page to comment here.

Adding to the TM thing, when playable, they can find them in dungeons and use them mid-dungeon to replace moves, the only exception being when said move is part of a story cutscene (like Armaldo's Water Gun in the Igglybuff special).

Same with items, they can find and use them.

I agree with this, in short.

5 in agreement. Should be enough to get this added.

Mind unlocking Dusknoir's and Grovyle's profiles?

Back