• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons & Divers (RP Thread)

Being healed to decent health from the variety of healing magic, potions, and his own minor natural regeneration, Dakath was finally able to fully get off the ground. He stretched his joints and cracked his back, before picking up his bow that fell on the ground next to him.

The weapon was the pride of his people, passed down from generation to generation; it was more than sturdy enough to survive a fall.

“Ahh, that’s much better. Thanks for all the help, guys! I’m beginning to like this group already!”

As Neltharion walks, she hits something that she didn't see completely through the darkness. Looking down and taking a few steps back, she realizes it's a wooden sign with big bold words sloppily painted onto it.

HELO SURAC PEPLE! SAFE IS HERE! NO EAT TO DETH! GO HER!

Is what it says. Below the words is an arrow pointing to the left. It likely wants you to go left.
(Neltharion has night vision lol, it's why she wasn't bothered by the darkness)

"..." Neltharion stared at the shattered English, her right eye twitching as she realized the hell she was going to go through either defending from ambush or attempting to talk to something that speaks English more broken than her training sword at home. Neither was a fun prospect.

"We have a sign here you lot, and I say we follow it, if nothing else we'd get a sense on what we're dealing with in monsters!" She called out to the group

"..." Neltharion stared at the shattered English, her right eye twitching as she realized the hell she was going to go through either defending from ambush or attempting to talk to something that speaks English more broken than her training sword at home. Neither was a fun prospect.

"We have a sign here you lot, and I say we follow it, if nothing else we'd get a sense on what we're dealing with in monsters!" She called out to the group
"Aye aye captain~!" Blythe replied back, gathering Chester, still in her hand bag as she fixed any dust that got caught on her dress, wanna get rid of that.

"Well, I guess they're probably waiting for us with weapons, whether they're pointing at us or something else..." Dan said, walking next to her

"Aye aye captain~!" Blythe replied back, gathering Chester, still in her hand bag as she fixed any dust that got caught on her dress, wanna get rid of that.
"That sign looks like it's pointing to something FUN! Let's go check it out, shall we?"
Seeing as no one was paying any attention to them, Chester quickly popped out from the bag and removed all the dust from Blythe's dress before taking the appearance of a lantern in her hands.

"That sign looks like it's pointing to something FUN! Let's go check it out, shall we?"
Seeing as no one was paying any attention to them, Chester quickly popped out from the bag and removed all the dust from Blythe's dress before taking the appearance of a lantern in her hands.
"Fufu! Right to catch up on the topic, pet~..." muttered under her lips, as she would shine that lantern and looked around, nudging Demiólke to come and follow suit.

As Neltharion walks, she hits something that she didn't see completely through the darkness. Looking down and taking a few steps back, she realizes it's a wooden sign with big bold words sloppily painted onto it.

HELO SURAC PEPLE! SAFE IS HERE! NO EAT TO DETH! GO HER!

Is what it says. Below the words is an arrow pointing to the left. It likely wants you to go left.
"Definately a trap" he said

"Definitely 1000% a trap. A really bad one, at that." Says Demiólke, raising an eyebrow as she walked up to the sign.
(If I didn't acknowledge she had night vision she wouldn't even be able to read the sign, lol. I said "see completely" to say she didn't notice it until she ran into it.)

"Like I said, good chance to record some monsters... unless of course one of you can just do some magic shit to detect this thing." Neltharion said with a big shrug, not seeming to really care one way or another

"Take this seriously. I'm not looking to get eaten by monsters with bad English tonight. Keep being a gremlin and I'm putting you back in the bubble."

"I would recommend proceeding with caution. Monsters intelligent enough to 'write' are often developed enough to make tools. Stone clubs, spears, things of that general...nature." Basil said.

"We should consider them armed and dangerous. Morso than the average creatures you'd find on the first floor."

"I would recommend proceeding with caution. Monsters intelligent enough to 'write' are often developed enough to make tools. Stone clubs, spears, things of that general...nature." Basil said.

"We should consider them armed and dangerous. Morso than the average creatures you'd find on the first floor."
“I have to agree, a cautious approach would be the safest and most sound course of action.” Dakath concurred, starting to walk towards the sign.

“Though, I also believe a bit of scouting ahead would do us some good. Who among all of you is stealthy?” He asked the group of divers.

"Scouting is kind of my thing." Says Demi, "My registered class is assassin. So I can do all the recon junk."

"Absolutely not. You'd get caught in like two seconds." Says Demi, "If I'm going, you're staying right here."

"Scouting is kind of my thing." Says Demi, "My registered class is assassin. So I can do all the recon junk."
“Alright then, that sounds perfect! If you don’t mind, I shall accompany you along; I would simply hate if something were to happen to our leader when she was all by herself.” The elf told Demi, seeming to brighten up with an almost fire passion.
"I'll accompany Demi~!" Blythe replied, "Like always~"
“Um, no offense, Mrs. Blythe, but you arent exactly the…subtle type.”

"Blythe, what the f*ck!?" Demi sighs, "She doesn't mean that, she's just being pouty. I could use the back-up, Dak, so it'd be cool if you tagged along."

"Blythe, what the f*ck!?" Demi sighs, "She doesn't mean that, she's just being pouty. I could use the back-up, Dak, so it'd be cool if you tagged along."
Blythe would just slump on the corner, dangling the lamp, making sad faces. "No fun.......~~ Huhu......."

"Go kill yourself~" 😜
“….” He stands there silently, slowly processing the sudden and completely unprompted response.

“…y-yeah, it’s alright. The village kids used to tease in a similar way, so I’m used to it! Hahaha…” Dakath laughed off the comment, though he was still obviously disturbed by it for some reason or another. Whatever it may be, he obviously intended to keep it to himself.

…y-yeah, it’s alright. The village kids used to tease in a similar way, so I’m used to it! Hahaha…” Dakath laughed off the comment, though he was still obviously disturbed by it for some reason or another. Whatever it may be, he obviously intended to keep it to himself.
"...Alright, dude. You got any reconnaissance experience, though? As in, can you like... sneak."

"Eh, good enough for me. Just in case, though..." Red energy crackled under Demiólke's feet, quietly screeeeeeching like lightning. The energy covered her and Dakath's feet, forming around them like shoes.

"Our footsteps won't make any sound, this way. Plenty of monsters have overdeveloped senses— I'm sure you can relate, cause the uh... ears." Says Demi, pointing out the developed sense of hearing of the elven race.

“I’d rather accompany you both, but having too many people scouting would be…disadvantageous.” Basil said, seemingly disappointed.

“I do carry something…a…perfume, that can help mask your scent. Many monsters rely on olfactory senses; silencing your steps will mean little to them.”

"True enough." Says Demi, "Anything helps, at this point... for all we know, they can already see us from miles away."

"True enough." Says Demi, "Anything helps, at this point... for all we know, they can already see us from miles away."
“I imagine that’s where the…erm, stealth part, comes in.” Basil said. He fished around on his belt, pulling out a waterlogged can of perfume. He shook it vigorously, before pointing it at Demi.

“Close your eyes”

"Oh, put a sock in it. You know what I meant." She says, before doing as she's told and closing her eyes.

Basil chuckled dryly, before pressing down on the nozzle, a thin mist enveloping Demi's body. It smelled of grasses and mud; as if she had rolled around in dirt.

"In the past, people used to rub themselves with earth and river water to mask their scent while hunting. This spray is designed to mimic that effect. To a erm...greater degree, of course." He explained.

"As long as you keep a certain distance, say, a few meters, you'll be undetectable to most creatures."

"In the past, people used to rub themselves with earth and river water to mask their scent while hunting. This spray is designed to mimic that effect. To a erm...greater degree, of course." He explained.

"As long as you keep a certain distance, say, a few meters, you'll be undetectable to most creatures."
"Wait.... can't he just- oh, okay...." Blythe tried raising a hand but stops and just plays with Chester in her boredom.

"Oi before you 2 skidaddle~~"

Amalie pulls out a trinket from Treasurebox❤️

"Take Prankcall with ya (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ"

She hands Demiolke a creepy birdhead.

"Blow into it if you get caught (⇀‸↼). It will scare those punks away best case, or freeze them for a sec worst case. See it as a panic escape button (>‿◠)✌"

"Oh. That's... that's very handy?" Demi seems, rightfully, rather creeped out by the creepy birdhead. The thought of putting her mouth onto it almost made her shudder, but she'd put her mouth on worse.

"Thanks, I guess. Hopefully I won't have to use this, though."

"Some are into that..." Neltharion gave a mutter, the first thing even resembling humor she'd given since they'd all met eachother, but the half-dragon was obviously still on her guard

"Oi before you 2 skidaddle~~"

Amalie pulls out a trinket from Treasurebox❤️

"Take Prankcall with ya (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ"

She hands Demiolke a creepy birdhead.

"Blow into it if you get caught (⇀‸↼). It will scare those punks away best case, or freeze them for a sec worst case. See it as a panic escape button (>‿◠)✌"
"Wonder what other "unique" things you have there" Dan say

Back