• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons and Dragons: Big Thread for Stuff

I could set part of a campaign in some sorta astral realm, throw those guys in and make a psuedo sci-fi adventure that is still technically D&D fantasy. I already have a campaign planned that ends on a sci-fi trope anyway.
Look into Spelljammer. Been considering running a campaign in that setting should one of my current campaigns go under.

can’t wait for a ******* nuke now ig

"However unlike almost every other Immortal, Rad did not complete any of the five Petitions to Immortality. Instead he used an ancient magically enhanced nuclear reactor to transcend his mortal form."

Tbf the reactor was enhanced via a broken af ritual to draw energy from a multiversal conceptual energy source rather than like, Uranium or Helium.

As for guns yeah they exist in-universe, it's just pretty rare since a lot of world's are stuck in a Medieval era due a combination of various factors. The Mind Flayers and Blackmoor get pretty extreme technology feats at their peak.

That said, we should include a key for when Rad was just Stephen Amber. He'd still be a huge spellcaster but if that info exists I'd love to see it. The Amber modules were super interesting and probably the only bit of Mystara I liked.

Also, aye, guns tend to be rare in typical settings but are theoretically common at large. Plenty of advanced races have guns or effectively-guns.

That said, we should include a key for when Rad was just Stephen Amber. He'd still be a huge spellcaster but if that info exists I'd love to see it
I got you (source is X2 - Castle Amber page 24)
JS7pae3.png

Semi-related but his tomb was also said to be beyond space and time so he's got access to that hax I guess

Last edited:
I'll probably make a sandbox for Rad's page to include that key then. Solid Low 6-B.

What would his Stamina and Int be, actually? I assume Extraordinary Genius for Int, given the league of spellcasters he's in- but I have not a single clue for Stamina.

Stamina should be average or mention spell limits. Intelligence should be either Genius or Extraordinary Genius considering some of his magic prep stuff.

I'm not big on D&D, however I was browsing through a used book store near me and noticed it had a bunch of Forgotten Realms novels that were done by R.A. Salvatore.

I'm always looking for new Sci-Fi/Fantasy books to pick up, but there's a ton of minor trilogies and anthologies on the shelf, and I can't really make sense of where I should start. So which book of his would be the best to start with as someone who isn't entrenched in D&D?

I've not personally read RA Salvatore though I know other users have (see: SinsOfMan). That said, the beginning of his main series (the Drizzt Do'Urden and the Companions books) is "Homeland". From there you have like half a dozen short series that comprise the greater series of roughly 35-40 books. It'll take you through essentially everything in the Forgotten Realms.

Yeah the Drizzt novels are not only mostly solid, but there's a ton of them and they follow the same characters through basically a single person mega-campagin.

I will also attest to the Drizzet novels being really good, though I think I only read the first three(?) in an omnibus a few years ago.

Also, are there any DnD video games that let ya play as a Warforged? I've been really interested in them recently and I also got no friends to play with.

No godly idea. Perhaps Baldur's Gate 3 will have it later? The early access won't have them but one can hope.

I will also attest to the Drizzet novels being really good, though I think I only read the first three(?) in an omnibus a few years ago.

Also, are there any DnD video games that let ya play as a Warforged? I've been really interested in them recently and I also got no friends to play with.
for video games the that let you play warforged. D&D Online, and D&D: Dragonshard are the only games that have them. since they are the only games they take place in Eberron.

Last edited:
So when I go and finally finish up my Dragon high tier stuff, how should we handle the Dark Sun ritual stuff? Where they drained the sun from Blue to Yellow and from Yellow to Red.

"4-C via Prep Time", maybe?

Baldur's Gate is going well, didn't realize Volo would be a ****** main character in it. Good timing, I s'pose.

Been playing a Swordsage, from the Book of Weeb Fightin' Magic.

Keep forgetting about how their stats work differently, which has been annoying.

I wonder what tiers the various NPC Classes are at different levels.
1-4: 9-B (Scales to Burning Hands)
5-8: 9-A+ (Scales to Conjure Barrage)
9-10: 8-C (Scales to Cone of Cold)
11-12: At least High 8-C, likely 8-B, possibly 8-A (Has a lot of spells in these areas of power)
13-17 (Assuming 5th Edition*): Low 7-B+ (Scales to Legendary Dragons)
18-24: 6-C+ (Scales to Imix and the Elemental Princes)
25-33: At least Low 6-B+, possibly 6-B (Scales to Father Llymic and the Elder Evils)
34-56: High 6-A (Scales to the Phaethon)
57+: At least High 6-A, likely 2-C, possibly 2-A (Scales to Hecatoncheires)

*- If you're using 3rd edition level/CR scaling, Low 7-B goes up to CR 19, and CR 20-24 is 6-C.

There are exceptions to this tier list based on factors outside of player level- for example, being the Chosen of a Deity makes you effectively a higher level despite not actually being a higher level. Similar divine ranks up to demigod improve your overall AP outside of your level. Some players abandon player levels and outright ascend to godhood (or, in the case of Mystara, Immortality) becoming Tier 2 (Tier 1 if in Mystara- or Low 1-C, more specifically). Thus the above scale is a general one and does not account for abnormalities.

1-4: 9-B (Scales to Burning Hands)
5-8: 9-A+ (Scales to Conjure Barrage)
9-10: 8-C (Scales to Cone of Cold)
11-12: At least High 8-C, likely 8-B, possibly 8-A (Has a lot of spells in these areas of power)
13-17 (Assuming 5th Edition*): Low 7-B+ (Scales to Legendary Dragons)
18-24: 6-C+ (Scales to Imix and the Elemental Princes)
25-33: At least Low 6-B+, possibly 6-B (Scales to Father Llymic and the Elder Evils)
34-56: High 6-A (Scales to the Phaethon)
57+: At least High 6-A, likely 2-C, possibly 2-A (Scales to Hecatoncheires)

*- If you're using 3rd edition level/CR scaling, Low 7-B goes up to CR 19, and CR 20-24 is 6-C.

There are exceptions to this tier list based on factors outside of player level- for example, being the Chosen of a Deity makes you effectively a higher level despite not actually being a higher level. Similar divine ranks up to demigod improve your overall AP outside of your level. Some players abandon player levels and outright ascend to godhood (or, in the case of Mystara, Immortality) becoming Tier 2 (Tier 1 if in Mystara- or Low 1-C, more specifically). Thus the above scale is a general one and does not account for abnormalities.
Ah, thank you very much! I didn't even know levels went that high in D&D. Thought it was like, 20 Levels, +10 Epic Levels.
& this applies even for NPC Classes like Aristocrat & Expert?

Epic levels extend infinitely*, 2nd edition was sorta funky in that some classes could reach higher levels than others.

"& this applies even for NPC Classes like Aristocrat & Expert?"

If the class is combat-oriented, yes. A level 20 baker probably wouldn't be considered 6-C for the sheer fact that nothing would actually imply attack ability.

*-Theoretically infinitely. It has no set cap.

Epic levels extend infinitely*, 2nd edition was sorta funky in that some classes could reach higher levels than others.

"& this applies even for NPC Classes like Aristocrat & Expert?"

If the class is combat-oriented, yes. A level 20 baker probably wouldn't be considered 6-C for the sheer fact that nothing would actually imply attack ability.

*-Theoretically infinitely. It has no set cap.
I mean in theory, a baker might have several options that qualify as weapons such as rolling pins, knives....
Yeah, bakers aren't really known for engaging in combat. (Also Baker doesn't seem to be an actual NPC Class.)
Though, looking at this site, for example: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/npcClasses/expert.htm NPC Classes do get Base Attack Bonuses & Save Bonuses as they level up, paltry as that is.

I'd question how un-combat oriented the NPC Classes are, in fair part due to them having distinct weapon proficiency sections. Aristocrat, for example:
"The aristocrat is proficient in the use of all simple and martial weapons and with all types of armor and shields."

A question; should we make the golems all on one page or separate them into their own category?

I think we could make a page for them, but it would need to be on the FC/OC wiki since the thing they were from is third party. Or at the very least, we'd need to make it its own thing because its third party. Krustyverse has a different set of lore and dimensional structure, with the top tier being a 11D being iirc.

Is that the one that includes the Immortal Bestiary? Because I was wondering why that book conflicted so much with the rest of the lore of the Immortals.

Yeah its from that book. Krustyverse has 11-Dimensions with most of the known Gods being 4D iirc. In fact Neutronium golems actually get power creeped into oblivion pretty hard later on.

A question; should we make the golems all on one page or separate them into their own category?
Stopped receiving notifications from this thread, huh.

I think golems should each get their own page, that's just me. They're a class of creature sure, but many bear enough differences to mark them as separate. I don't really view their subgenre of monsters as any different than devils or angels.

Some just seem rather one note outside a power or two, which is why I was asking.

A general question, but are we allowed to make dnd campaign profiles for characters that are canon to original non-dnd verses? Stuff like Arcadum (and RWBY I guess) come to mind.

Back