• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons and Dragons: Big Thread for Stuff

Is the game Plancescape Torment considered "canon" (whatever the **** that even means for such a setting) for the Planescape setting? Because if it is, The Lady of Pain is missing nullification for all of The Nameless One's immortalities

Yeah for the RWBY stuff it might only apply to the characters that show up in the D&D game or might require a different key for stuff from the show.

Is the game Plancescape Torment considered "canon" (whatever the **** that even means for such a setting) for the Planescape
Torment, or at least characters and events from that game, are mentioned elsewhere. So presumably its canon.

No?
How is it a crossover? It doesn’t mix the universes together outside of Gameplay from what I can tell.
Even then if it was stated canon that comes first.

@Ricsi-viragosi what exactly makes this RWBY campaign "canon"? Assuming you're talking about this, the only campaign that I know of that's been made canon would be that of Critical Role due to WotC allowing it in as an official setting (which references both parties run in the show). Or, do you mean, is the game canonical to RWBY? If so, this really isn't the place to ask about it, that'd need to be discussed in RWBY threads. It isn't canon to D&D so ye.

@Twellas She's probably missing a lot, in all fairness, but yea, every D&D video game is considered canon assuming it doesn't actively detract from other established canon (like that AFK game they made).

@Ricsi-viragosi what exactly makes this RWBY campaign "canon"? Assuming you're talking about this, the only campaign that I know of that's been made canon would be that of Critical Role due to WotC allowing it in as an official setting (which references both parties run in the show). Or, do you mean, is the game canonical to RWBY? If so, this really isn't the place to ask about it, that'd need to be discussed in RWBY threads. It isn't canon to D&D so ye.
The writers of the show saying that it is canon

The goal is to do something that can fit alongside the show canonically, however, given the series will be played through Dungeons & Dragons, it is not locked in yet.[6] That said, worldbuilding details will be canon.[7]

The game is set two years before the events of RWBY.[8]

Cool, go discuss it in a RWBY thread.

Both parties (Vox Machina and Mighty Nein) are mentioned canonically in the Explorer's Guide to the Wildemount, which is now a WotC-published setting. Everything in Critical Role has now officially happened within an official setting, thus, canon. I discussed it with Qawsed back when the book came out. Vox Machina is found on Page 29, Mighty Nein on page 42. Not particularly interested in making pages for them myself but theoretically people could do so.

Yeah D&D is pretty loose canon wise and due to the nature of the multiverse basically anything officially backed could be crammed in their. Heck even the old D&D cartoon is technically canon.

LoP is probably missing a lot of stuff, but it can be hard to track down information for pre-3rd edition characters at times. She should however, be able to null the Immortality.

I was asking in general, because RWBY isn't the only series that has dnd campaigns canon to it, if series that do use dnd would be allowed to have profiles or not. This is in general, not specific to RWBY.

I was asking in general, because RWBY isn't the only series that has dnd campaigns canon to it, if series that do use dnd would be allowed to have profiles or not. This is in general, not specific to RWBY.
Well, in general, whatever is canon to that verse is canon. If the verse clearly establishes something as canon, I personally don't see an issue with using it to a reasonable extent. In my eyes, it'd be secondary canon, basically- so you probably couldn't get something like standardized D&D resistances unless such a thing were backed up by the primary canon, but if it introduces a new character or smth, sure, go nuts.

There is precedent to this line of thinking, though not a 1:1 given that in the precedent I'm thinking of it was actually explicitly stated to not be canon. Warcraft's 3.5e D&D books (some 7-8 books, IIRC) were stated to be non-canon and thus unusable. Under that line of thinking, it's fine if the thing is stated to be canon.

TL;DR: use the D&D thing so long as it's reasonable, imo. Just don't drag me into RWBY discussions, if yah don't mind.

Unrelated to the above, but I've finished emptying out one of my D&D page sandboxes, which means there's now 25 more D&D pages on the site. Most lore-notable one is probably Bruenor Battlehammer, last one posted is this ******* abomination. I'll be posting shit from my other D&D sandbox soon, I'm about 11 pages into that one. After that, maybe my 3rd sandbox, with its whole 2 pages ready for posting.

Not particularly interested in making pages for them myself but theoretically people could do so.
I may tackle it down the line🗿

Or at least do some calcs for it if others want to make the profiles sincs I know jack shit about actual D&D lore

I played DND once and that was at my high school. I chose to be an elf.

what are my advantages to being an elf. What are disadvantages?

And are humans supposed to be no advantages but no disadvantages either?

I may tackle it down the line🗿

Or at least do some calcs for it if others want to make the profiles sincs I know jack shit about actual D&D lore
Several people have mentioned interest. I'd make a thread to get people together if you like. I'm willing to offer oversight.

Several people have mentioned interest. I'd make a thread to get people together if you like. I'm willing to offer oversight.
That sounds good to me when I can do work here and there with calcs and renders but that said I am working on about 6 or more other series as well

What edition are you playing? Generally speaking elves live much longer and have some form of enhanced senses.

Humans tend to be feat monkeys 3e and on. So generally they're the jack standard character.
I don’t remember the edition so just general I guess

what about first enemy you typically encounter in a dnd game?

don’t remember the edition so just general I guess
Typically all of them feature: Darkvision, resistance to charm and sleep spells, the idea that elves don't need sleep and enhanced senses.

what about first enemy you typically encounter in a dnd game?
Depends on starting level. But usually it's like, Bandits or Demihumans or other similar CR <2 monsters.

I believe it was 4e that said Half-Orcs were just the creation of Kord who wanted humans but with the strength of orcs.

As for earlier editions, the implication is uncouth.

Though, there are decent orcs, and there are uglier things. Some people just have a type.

Well I would change my mind if there were such things as beautiful orcs

Bambu if RP’s can be made in the fun and games thread why don’t you make a DND on fun and games or at least make one on discord

Well I would change my mind if there were such things as beautiful orcs

Bambu if RP’s can be made in the fun and games thread why don’t you make a DND on fun and games or at least make one on discord
I have been running D&D on Discord with VS Battles guys since 2018. Though, in the immediate future I intend to swap from 5e to other systems/older versions of D&D.

I have been running D&D on Discord with VS Battles guys since 2018. Though, in the immediate future I intend to swap from 5e to other systems/older versions of D&D.
May I have a link to that? (Note: I am going to have new college classes soon so I might not have a lot of time to be on discord)

It's not really like an open game. I run it with a group chosen beforehand. I can still invite you to the Discord, but be forewarned it's awfully crowded as I'm the only one who DMs in there.

Back