• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Duel Terminal Lore Discussion

"Meanwhile, "Evilswarm Kerykeion" heard a rumor that the hero of the last war, "Gem-Knight Master Diamond", had revived ― but had also attacked several individuals. He headed towards the Mist Valley Great Marshlands to find out the truth, but what he witnessed there was his former comrade, nearly unrecognizable, in the form of "Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight".

Master Diamond = Caringorgon

An error at best, Master Diamond is present as himself throughout 95% of the second war, even fusing with the Tellarknights and Sombre at different points

Ooooh i see where i made the mistake, Diamond was revived by Dance Princess, my bad

Okay so this works better actually, have Crystal be himself with Zirconia as well as his fusion with the Vylon

Its probable more coherent to have Diamond stay separate from Carnigorgon though

Mind if you guys answer my question before the profiles come out? Would hate to have to create a CRT or mass delete profiles due to "suspect reasoning" which at that point would seem kinda like public shaming.

"Yo are we taking that thing literally? Seems suspect with what's been provided, but i trust that you guys have the context at hand? <Regarding Tier 3/4

As for the type 5, lack of evidence against it =/= evidence (of course, there is the statement right after that can count as evidence against it) <Immortality Type 5"

1. Yes, theyre are explicitly stated to wield both the power of the constellations themselves as well as the force that binds them together which is aptly named 'Connecting the Stars'. I showed the evidence and scans to Assalt and talked with him about it and this is the conclusion we came to

2. That seems...counterintuitive, if there isnt anything to disprove it and stuff that does prove it why would we need to provide stuff that doesnt exist? What statement is there that is evidence against it?

1. Just for example, is it like "wielding the power of the sun" kinda statement? The force that connects constellations, that's been calced at High 4-C or 3-C? Is there even an actual force to get a tier from?

2. Literally the next statement that gives context into the previous one discusses how it gave the monster long life. Literal textbook Immortality type 1 rather than 5.

Hmm true, actually now that you mention it, technically most forms of immortality (Save type 3 and 4) fall under the context.

Also, you should probably put Immortality Type 4 (Reincarnation) for all the monsters within the reincarnation cycle (Ironic is it not?)

So the Ice-Barrier Dragons, Lswarm, Gem-Knights, Tellarknights, Yang Zing, Infernoids, Gods, and all the minor terrestrial characters would all get Type 4? The Constellar wouldnt as theyre not linked to the Tree, the Shaddolls are a glitch that is completely cut off from the tree, and Vylon are extraterestrial robots not connected to the tree.

Yep. Not that bad if I say so myself.

Actually, weren't the consetellars and vylons defeatable via general attacks? If so, that would concretely mean being not connected to the tree doesn't = immortality type 5.

@Yobo I see. And Sombre scales to everyone right? Or wasn't Sombre considerably amped? (I am probably getting this wrong with another monster) I think quoting that would be better evidence than the current reasoning.

@SD No, Sombre doesnt scale to everyone, Sombre is one of the stronger characters albeit she performed the feat while weakened

What it does scale to is the Yang Zing as they were the ones who are imbued with this power which was outright stated to be the same power wielded bby both the Constellar and the Tellarknights

In the hour of the Yang Zing's danger, "Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing", a new "Yang Zing", came falling out of the sky. "Chiwen" was materialized by "Sombre" after she gathered up all the star energy still drifting in the heavens; as such, it has a different origin than the other "Yang Zing". Due to this, "Chiwen" holds the power of "connecting the stars", the very same power wielded by the "Constellar" during the previous war.

Hmmm I see. Well then yeah, just use quote where this is stated, it would be pretty good reasoning on the pages.

"Chiwen" was materialized by "Sombre" after she gathered up all the star energy still drifting in the heavens"

That doesn't sound like the same potency, sounds like the leftovers actually.

Eh....

I guess, but if it was all the stars in the entire sky it would be 4-A. The leftovers being High 4-C is likely.

Maybe it's a error? I don't think it was ever stated the stars were drained, though it could refer to her having used all the Constellar rings

And wait hold, on, Sombre's feat isn't even tier 4. It's literally "power of the stars". Depending on the context, it either ranges from tier 8 - 6 for the sun alone or considered flowery language, unlikely to be tier 4 even if just add them all up.

@SD Theyre the embodiments of the constellations themselves and the binding energy that holds them together, not the energy produced by them

Do you mean the GBE of the individual stars (The only tier 4 rating)? I thought it was off the binding of the constellations (Which doesn't have a calc if I remember correctly, if it exists) if its the former, I have no issue, if its the latter, not sure we can calc it. @Weekly

Yes, its the GBE of all the stars in the constellation and the binding energy, which as was discussed between me and Assalt last night in chat is actually the binding energy of the galaxy theyre in, hence why theyre High 4-C, POSSIBLY 3-C

Hmm I see. I'm not a calc member either, but within the context it sounds like the Constellars are what is binding the constellations together, not a supermassive black hole that gives them the power to do so.

Here's what I think

In the context of the story, High 4-C is the most logical conclusion, and nothing implies that it has anything to do with a black hole.

Back