• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Duel Terminal Lore Discussion

Type 1, maaaaaybe type 5 seeing as Steelswarm Roach stated that after receiving Kerkeyoin's power he was cut off from the cycle of life and death

I was originally a sealed demon, but one day, due to contact with a power that was not from this planet, I ascended to a higher level of being that stood outside the Cycle of Reincarnation. Ever since, I've been guided by that power to live a very long life as the observer to the path the world will take.

But that brings up a whole other can of worms. Well, not necessarily problematic, but it needs discussion

Deathless Immortality: Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed. Typically, abilities such as Existence Erasure are needed to destroy them.

Okay for starters, Shadolls are a can of worms in and of themselves. They're glitches in the Cycle themselves. That would probably mean something.

That's definitely not type 5. Most immortalities fall under that idea, espically when you consider the next part of the statement "I've been guided by that power to live a very long life" is literally type 1.

SomebodyData said:
That's definitely not type 5. Most immortalities fall under that idea, espically when you consider the next part of the statement "I've been guided by that power to live a very long life" is literally type 1.
That's even more complicated

Not really? It's just using the next statement to define what "stood outside the Cycle of Reincarnation" means.

I'll get to that. For starters, that implies that the cycle of reincarnation is the reason things die in the first place.

Not even. That's literally what the Cycle is. By standing outside of it, they suddenly get Type 1? It literally doesn't work unless something like that occurs.

I still don't see how you got there. You can't just assume the cycle causes death, it sounds more like reincarnation is just what happens when someone dies, thus causing a cycle. Thus to stand beyond would mean reincarnation isn't necessary for the guy, as he/she doesn't die to begin with.

Except that he's not saying he stands outside it because of it. It's saying that he gained a long life because of standing outside the cycle.

Read the statement again:

"but one day, due to contact with a power that was not from this planet,"

"Ever since, I've been guided by that power to live a very long life"

It's the power from another world that made him both ascend and live a long life.

SomebodyData said:
Read the statement again:

"but one day, due to contact with a power that was not from this planet,"

"Ever since, I've been guided by that power to live a very long life"

It's the power from another world that made him both ascend and live a long life.
90% sure you're assuming that it had nothing to do with Kerykeion or Sombre, which probably isn't the case.

I'm just going by the statement. Unless you want to state the statement is wrong, of course. However, even then, it doesn't change anything in this context.

I mean its kinda the textbook definition of existing unbound by the cycle of life, death, and reincarnation (Your life force being recycled into new life) so i really see no reason for it to not be type 5

Also ive been informed by Assaltwaffle that a rating of 'At least High 4-C, possibly 3-C' would be a more accurate rating due to the force that binds constellations together being that of the galaxy rather than a force between the individual stars themselves, and using the GBE of the stars themselves as a lowball.

Yo are we taking that thing literally? Seems suspect with what's been provided, but i trust that you guys have the context at hand?

As for the type 5, lack of evidence against it =/= evidence (of course, there is the statement right after that can count as evidence against it)

No? Crystal and Master Diamond are used interchangeably, and it's not Diamond being used to form the new Diamond, it's Crystal.

No, Diamond and crystal are two different characters, hell, Diamond was talking to Sombre at the same time Crystal who had been corrupted into Carnigorgon was fighting Kerkeyoin, and after Crystal became the Shaddoll Core Diamond helped fight against it. Theyre two completely different characters.

I know exactly what youre talking about, youre referring to Zirconia giving all his power as well as the power of the other Gen Knights to make Master Diamond immensely stronger

Back