• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Duel Terminal Lore Discussion

I understand why you would need time on B, but A is a simple question of whether or not you're using speculation or had evidence here.

"There is no way you somehow know the intent, unless there is some interview you failed to mention? Or did you just assume that?"

I'm just asking if you're inserting speculation into the Duel terminal's authors intent of making the playmat canon.

"and unlike Zero, is done for effect rather then to showcase its size"

No. No you did not, by this statement, Zero's playmat was made to showcase its size.

I meant more in the sense that the image itself was, rather then the play at itself.

Also

DC5B23AE-77D1-4BBE-8784-3FE46F63A618
The prophecy on the card pack is directly referenced and explained by the Master Guide

In that case, if the master guide came after the pack, then I have no argument against the card pack being canon.

What pack was it that this originated from again?

It suggests the creation of "Constellar Sombre", who finally appears to struggle and tear apart the cycle of creation and destruction caused by "Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth", thus escaping from the fate of endless reincarnation. What became of "Sombre" is mentioned in the "Dark Returner" epitaph below.

Dead ("Kerykeion") and Alive ("Sombre") defeat the Terra ("Sophia") together, and then, after destroying Her cycle of reincarnation, they represent the seeds of new life on the planet. This is the epitaph that suggests the story after the parts mentioned in the "Lightning Returner" epitaph.

The explanation of the meaning of the epitaph

"Epitaph"

You do know what that means right? This isn't a prophecy, its basically a tombstone text.

IIRC, it was aid to be a prophecy originally in the text, though I'll be checking in a second.

Epitaph and prophecy are literally the exact opposite tho. Are you using google translate or something?

Translation is a bit weird in some aspects, that's all. How would it affect things though?

Whatever translation you're using is providing extremely contradictory terms for something, that puts significant doubt into how accurate it is.

Yeah, but how are they translating that?

Still haven't quite answered whether the pack or guide came first.

Yeah, looking it over, the prophecy part was my mistake. I still don't see how it would change stuff.

SomebodyData said:
Whatever translation you're using is providing extremely contradictory terms for something, that puts significant doubt into how accurate it is.

Yeah, but how are they translating that?

Still haven't quite answered whether the pack or guide came first.
Yeah, that was my mistake

They said word for word with grammar edits form what I recall.

I'll check that now, but 99% certain it was the pack, as they couldn't describe it in advance

Oh okay. Epitaphs are made for people after they've died. They generally aren't accurate accounts, so I got confused when it said they would break the cycle when canonically Sophia got sealed if i remember correctly. As for the irl implications, it would have made the translations unreliable, but since the prophecy thing was a mistake, that's not a concern.

Though, again, I have to repeat, is the guide referencing the pack (ie the pack came first) or the pack refencing the guide (ie its just copying the guide) and why does it matter in comparsion to a playmat?

Oh didn't see it. I could swear that Sophia came out recently though, what pack are we talking about?

The picture was originally rejected because it was a playmat. I pointed out that by nature Duel Terminal uses merchandise for plot, there was a lot of back and forth, I brought up a Deck Set that was canon. We went over why or why not it was canon, and we decided it was.

Okay. There are a few things missing. First of all, Destruction allows for erasure, but it's passive and comes from the light inside it. That should mean Sophia and anyone who fought her/destruction would have resistance

Back