• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Drogon vs Saphira

Seems like both of these dragon steeds have different strengths and weaknesses, so let's have them square off. Both are riderless, and they meet in the air, with a field of grass below them. Bloodlusted, speed equalized.

Saphira Ciruelo
Saphira

Drogon in Daznak's Pit
Drogo

Drogo - 0

Saphira - 5 (GojiraEra67, Monarch Laciel, Mand21, Phoenix821, Starter Pack)

Inconclusive - 0

Saphira, she's much smarter and could easily ouwit him. Well Drogon is larger and stronger, she could easily outmanuver him him with her smaller size and greater speed.

There is also the fact that she has magic, making this a total stomp.

Just responding to the edit: They both have magic. Fire breathing and flight in Dragons, of course, tends to be entirely magical.

As for magical hax, I'm only seeing telepathy and maybe sensing for Saphira which could help her here, not enough for a stomp. Resistance to mind manip is useless as Drogon doesn't have it. She's also without Eragon, who IIRC was the only one providing her with wards - and neither have any equipment either, so no eldunari.

Although I might equalize speed in any case, as Saphira has enough advantages as it is.

DivineTedrius, Saphira's telepathy isn't just for communication. She can instantly paralyse a target by mentally attacking them, and mental duels are a system of their own in the Inheritance Cycle's verse.

And you're utterly downplaying Saphira's magic. It's not the kind of magic that allows her to fly and breath fire. She turned cobblestone into clean, neat and perfect diamond by touching it with her nose. She fixed a completely destroyed ruby, as well as made the hue of its red more intense, by channeling her feelings into it. A group of dragons once erased the names of traitors from existence, to the point where remembering or speaking them was impossible and copying them through papers had to be done letter by letter as the information could not stick in anybody's minds. The magic of dragons is hyperversatile, loose and extremely powerful, however unpredictable enough and out of her own control. However, there is no telling if it might activate and kill Drogon all of a sudden mid-battle.

Saphira's sensing also isn't shit-tier. It's a part of her telepathy: she can sense identities, locations and have vague impressions of people around her just by "expanding her mind". She can also invade and read through memories and thoughts to the point where Drogon's every movement is known before it happens. Eragon, and Saphira is on the same level, at a point on the series just outright paralyses a Shade — a powerful rogue spirit that could wreak havoc on an entire nation if left unchecked — with a thought. He just simply blocked every signal their mind could send to the body, every thought from commanding their movements.

Saphira's "telepathy" isn't what you're thinking it is. It can make a person go braindead, should they be completely defenseless.

Mand is absolutely right here, buddy. I should know, I read the novels.

Saphira FRA.

It's years since I read the novels, so my knowledge on Saphira is a little rusty. From what I remembered it was mostly Eragon defending Saphira from mind attacks.

Thanks for refreshing my mind. Should I close this?

Bump, I'd like an answer to that. I'm mainly referring to paralyzation (seems like Saphira's page needs a little work). Much of the feats you listed aren't applicable in this match, and I never actually downplayed anything. I just addressed "stomp by magic" as a vague and lazy reason.

Probably shouldn't close it yet, mindhax alone may be just low-diff if Drogon shows any significant advantage elsewhere.

And Saphira scales to Eragon's prowess with mindhax due to training with him, being connected to him all the time, etc.

Yeah, then Saphira's profile absolutely needs work. Even Drogon's, there's no way he only has class 1 lifting strength if he weighs a thousand tons.

Well, they do say the more massive the animal, the larger the fraction of their weight that they can carry, but I guess this isn't true of animals that have to fly. Maybe that's how much he can carry and still be able to perform all of his tasks?

it might not be that much for him to still be able to fly, but 1/1000 of his weight would be ridiculously small. It's the equivalent of what 70 grams would be to me. He even seems to have no difficulty carrying multiple people at once and still flying several miles.

l have to see what can be done, though I don't think he has that many feats as much as this is just the estimate not corresponding at all. Him being able to keep himself in the air would be Class M, though

Back