• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dreamworks Revisions Threads: Crabwhale's proposition

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
Okay, so this matter has been in the waiting for a long time, and since absolutely nobody else seems willing to take the incentive, I will.

A good chunk of our Dreamworks profiles are, to say the very least, extremely substandard, mostly when it comes to the justifications on their various tiers, or lack thereof. Hence why, this thread is meant to express my problems with various profiles and hopefully correct them in the process. For ease of reading, it's also gonna be separated into several sections for every franchise.

Note: Only the verse that I think are troublesome will be listed.

Kung Fu Panda
Not much wrong with this franchise, the profiles are all decent, however the one major problem there seems to be is the scaling between the Furious Five. They either scale off Tigress, or they're Unknown due to being physically weaker than her. Having seen the show and most of the movies, I can say that it is acceptable to scale them to her, as the Furious Five are never really implied to have that much of a gap between each-other. They also all held back Tai Lung to some degree, which is the reasoning for Tigress' tier as well. I think a "likely 8-C" for safety should suffice.

How to Train Your Drago
Oh boy, this is where we get into the sticky stuff. The human profiles are alright, even if their formatting leaves something to be desired, however the dragon profiles need some serious improvement. First of all, Toothless needs a key for Base and his Dominance Display mode/whatever, since he is clearly shown and implied to be incapable of damaging either the Red Death or the Bewilderbeast significantly without it. Also, the justifications for the Red Death's and Bewilderbeast's profiles are both very lacking. Finally, optionally, the Bewilderbeast creating an ice mountain would preferably need to be calced.

Monsters vs Aliens
Again, not much wrong here, except that both Susan's and Instectosaurus's profiles need some tinkering, as their justifications should preferably be expanded.

Megamind
So much wrong with this verse. First of all, the feat that supposedly gives nearly all the character their 8-B has never been calced. Secondly, I have been informed that the Death Ray calc featured in the Megamind profile is indeed wrong, and should preferably be re-calced as well. Thirdly, perhaps least importantly, but still noticeably, the two other profiles in the verse besides Megsy are lacking a summary section.

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarro
The tier for the sole profile of this verse is extremely questionable, as I am entirely unsure on how a young, large, powerful wild horse like Spirit is incapable of even breaching Street level+, however I am unsure on just how strong real world horses are, so it is possibly that he might scratch 9-B as well.

Rise of the Guardians
Ok, now we come to the real reason why this revision needed to happen. Jack Frost and his absolutely horrendous profile. Zero justifications for one thing, and 9-C. This should be as much of a meme as Peak Human Nerevarine, but it isn't, despite the fact that Jack scales directly from Pitch Black, whom he was able to pressure many times, and whom killed the Sandman. In addition, he is lacking Invisibility, Intangibility and whatever power can be classified from repairing his broken staff.

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

Yessss, this needed to be done.

For Jack Frost, he needs to get a MHS+ speed for being comparable to other guardians.

Kung Fu Panda: Yeah, there's been nothing saying that the rest of the Furious Five isn't comparable to Tigress. So, I'd be good for this. Also, someone needs to watch through Legends of Awesomeness to find other feats for the different characters as well. I'll try to spot any episodes on my free time if I can remember to.

How to Train Your Dragon: Considering the fact that the third and final Dragons movie is coming up soon, we should probably wait on a really big revision for the characters until it comes out. People also need to check up on the two different television series for this franchise to find anything notable. (For instance, in Riders of Berk, it was revealed in one episode that eating eel actually causes dragons to go into a bit of a berserker mode, which is why Toothless openly objected to eating it in the first movie.) Aside from that, yeah, I approve of the rest.

Monsters vs. Aliens: You know I just had Susan's picture in that profile rendered just recently? So, these profiles probably haven't even been looked at in a while. I think it could use a good extra look-over to note certain feats, and definitely could use a good clean-up. And again, someone needs to check the Monsters vs. Aliens television series for feats, such as the early addition in the show of Susan being able to shrink and grow instantaneously whenever she wishes. So, yeah, again, I approve.

Megamind: I actually pointed out a feat that may or may not justify an 8-B rating here, but I never did see a calc done for it. You might wanna talk to Assaultwaffle about it, since he was there when we were discussing it, and he might be able to help calculate that. You could also get him on board with the Death Ray calc, but if that doesn't work, you could post it in the Calculation Request Thread. And I agree that those two should get a proper Summary written out for them.

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron: I'm...actually not sure about this. I mean, I could agree to a downgrade to Spirit. But, I'd have to watch the movie again to be sure. Also, there's a TV show for this one too on Netflix, but not only do I not have access to streaming services such as that, but I'm pretty sure it's completely unrelated to the movie and wouldn't help regardless.

Rise of the Guardians: I'm not sure I even wanna touch this, but here goes. Yes, I agree that Jack should scale to Pitch. Heck, shouldn't all of the Guardians be scalable to Pitch, each having managed to harm him or fight him in some way? (Tooth Fairy did give him a good slug in the face, but he was very powered down at that point, so I don't know.) I suppose people can talk about this later in a separate dedicated thread. And if Jack has any missing powers, then they should be put in. Though, doesn't Jack only have Intangibility and Invisibility because people didn't believe in him, and he gained corporeality once people started to believe in him? I mean, when Pitch ruined Easter, the exact same thing happened to the Easter Bunny as well. Speaking of which, all of the Guardians should probably have Type 8 Immortality as well, as they are completely dependant on the faith and belief of the world's children to survive.

Oh no, I was referring to an upgrade to Spirit, because I am fairly certain that a fully grown wild horse (especially one referred to as being exceptional numerous times like Spirit) would be unable to even breach Street level+.

Also, about the TV Series, I have seen the majority of them, however from a quick glance over they do not appear to harbor any noteworthy feats outside of the characters in MvsA being capable of dodging natural lightning (which I suppose is substantial enough), though it has been some time since I've seen any of them, so I could easily be wrong about that.

Unfortunately though, I am currently very busy and could not possibly find the time to rewatch even a single one of them, so sorry.

Thinking horses are 9-B and Assalt has a properly spelled name...

They may not have much. Then again, we don't know. They could have some pretty good feats within all that filler, and even if not, examples such as the previously mentioned Ginormica Size Manipulation means there could be several powers and abilities in the shows that needs to be filed out, and other assorted facts to note, such as Toothless' aversion to eel and why.

Also, if I insulted you in some way, I apologize, considering the tone of that last paragraph in your first post. I'm not saying it has to be done, as the main canon movies are not only easier to find, but also much more stable to stand on, but I am saying it probably should be done, to have the most comprehensive look at these different characters that we can.

Insulted? Oh no, no. I was just saying that I wouldn't be able to offer much help if these revisions were to go down that route as well.

Also, I never said Assalt has his name spelled correctly, the link you provided just took me to a nonexistent user, so I had to correct you

As for the horse, I never said anything about it, but I doubt a horse would be unable to hit Street level+ considering how big some of them can get (horses are anywhere from 300 to 1000 kg, and a Mustang like Spirit should fit squarely in-between that threshold).

The fact that you placed a comma instead of a period before the "so sorry" part made it sound like you were being snarky with me instead of apologizing to me. My mistake.

Just goes to show how important proper punctuation is, though.

I am the worst kind of grammar Nazi you could possibly meet, so, yeah...

I am assuming I have permission to alter all of these profiles in accordance with the thread, correct?

I mean, nobody seemed to have any real issue with my revision proposals.

I suppose that should probably be fine.

This is a little late but needs to be said

Should Jack Frost scale to the Sandman? Sandman's 4-C tiering comes from being able to move stars to every corner of the universe, a feat which he performs in the novels. At that point, the only person who could match him was Pitch, and that was when Pitch was empowered by the nightmares of an entire galaxy, which he very clearly isn't during the movie. Sandman is vastly superior to all of the Guardians at any and all points of both the novel series and the movie, and was only killed by Pitch when Pitch corrupted Sandman's dreams, which really has to negate Sandman's own durability.

Jack Frost isn't 9-C, that's for sure. I'm working on something to prove that that isn't the case. But I do not think he is 4-C, none of the Guardians aside from Sandman are. That was why without the power of Sandman's dreams (channeled through Jamie and his friends), they were all getting stomped by Pitch.

I made a calculatio which gives him 9-B. Just waiting on an evaluation. But I do want to wait for Crabwhale to discuss this, as he is spearheading the revisions

North's speed is iffy, since he clearly has portal devices that he may or may not use for his regular round trip of the world. There is a calculation for Bunnymund and Toothaina's speed though, which will suffice for speed. Obviously, Sandman's combat and reaction speed will have to be tinkered because of that.

Besides, North doesn't actually have a page here yet.

Well, he certainly isn't 9-B either. He's still kept and pressured Pitch on numerous occasions, the same one who could easily create building-sized that did have a tangible presence with ease.

The 9-B feat is the only one that I have proved up until now. I'll be honest, I completely forgot about the town-sized wave of darkness. (this one, right?) But Star level is way out there, especially as Sandman is very clearly the strongest of the Guardians, and Pitch never phyiscally matched him

Well, between the very-low end and the very-high end, I think the town thing is the best option for now.

Granted, I don't know how you can calc physical shadows, so you know...

Probably best to go with Town or Small Town level based on sheer size of the shadows. Plus, that makes sense with how strong the Guardians appear in film

Nah, back-and-fourths are absolutely required for these kinds of threads, and you seem to be the only person knowledgeable enough to critique me.

Absurdly wanking is just as bad as absurdly downplaying. That being said, we finally have a good baseline figured for the other Guardians.

In case anyone ever wants to make them, you know ;) ;) >nudge< >nudge<

Already got a profile for North in the works, and Pitch is next. Don't you worry your pretty little head

Back